News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jaap Stam wants fulham 'head coach ' role.

Started by fcfulham55, December 14, 2015, 12:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

Felix Magath had a great record as a player and manager.

Nero

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on December 15, 2015, 09:55:23 AM
I don't think Stam would be all that much of a risk. Take a look at Jimmy Floyd. He was only in charge of Antwerp for one season, then moved over to Burton and took League 2 (and subsequently League 1) by storm.

Who's to say Jaap Stam won't be the same, having been at Ajax and Man Utd (both on the field and off at BOTH clubs), he must have picked up SOME tips and tricks to bring in.

Combine that with Paul Clement at Derby County, this is his first job in management, but he seems to be doing quite well (without their best player in Will Hughes I might add), all beacause he is using what he picked up from his other jobs.

Clement learnt his trade at a couple of big clubs and a couple of top managers as assistant, Stam could be another Kit in the making. If Ajax reserves had a good record you might be tempted but they haven't and seem to let in a lot of goals

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Nick Bateman on December 14, 2015, 07:04:38 PM
First I have heard of it: if Stam has any coaching credentials we should consider it.  This is the 'thinking out of the box' I have been constantly referring to that Fulham should start to do - much better idea than the predictable Steve Clarke/Nigel Pearson brigade.

Remember Tigana....
[/quote

Yes I remember him, in the end, gave Fulham a soft underbelly and nearly got us relegated.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: RaySmith on December 15, 2015, 07:59:31 AM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on December 14, 2015, 10:20:38 PM
Why Stam.....if we went for him, then we might as well go for Danny Murphy

I'd rather have Murphy!

Stam seems an odd choice - another gamble, when I thought the club was looking for experience.

Yes I would take Murphy above Stam.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: RaySmith on December 15, 2015, 10:00:45 AM

But a shocking record in English Football, his effect on Fulham was the same effect the Charge of the Light Brigade had on Army Recruitment.

Never forget your Roots.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on December 15, 2015, 09:55:23 AM
I don't think Stam would be all that much of a risk. Take a look at Jimmy Floyd. He was only in charge of Antwerp for one season, then moved over to Burton and took League 2 (and subsequently League 1) by storm.

Who's to say Jaap Stam won't be the same, having been at Ajax and Man Utd (both on the field and off at BOTH clubs), he must have picked up SOME tips and tricks to bring in.

Combine that with Paul Clement at Derby County, this is his first job in management, but he seems to be doing quite well (without their best player in Will Hughes I might add), all beacause he is using what he picked up from his other jobs.

Basically, we are only having this conversation because Jaap Stam is a name footballer. It has absolutely nothing to do with his abilities as a manager. It's a mistake if the club is even wasting time considering him.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

RaySmith

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 15, 2015, 11:37:50 AM

But a shocking record in English Football, his effect on Fulham was the same effect the Charge of the Light Brigade had on Army Recruitment.

I was making the point that a good record playing and managing abroad doesn't necessarily mean a suitable Fulham manager.

Stam has a good record of playing here, but none as  manager -or of managing  anywhere.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: RaySmith on December 15, 2015, 01:54:34 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 15, 2015, 11:37:50 AM

I was making the point that a good record playing and managing abroad doesn't necessarily mean a suitable Fulham manager.

Stam has a good record of playing here, but none as  manager -or of managing  anywhere.

Of course, and I agree, and I understand your point. To be honest, I was just looking for a vehicle to slide in that well worn joke about the Charge of the Light Brigade and the effect it had on Army recruitment at the time.  

Never forget your Roots.