Main Menu

Rigg get Monk now

Started by stokesy, December 09, 2015, 03:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stokesy

Let's get Monk before someone else does

sunburywhite

Perhaps that is what we have been waiting for
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Horsfield_No9

Just the same situation as Kit but with Swansea. Who knows which way it'd go, he doesn't have much experience. I wouldn't think it's a good idea.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

howitis

Couldn't agree more - would be a good fit for us.

FPT

The same Garry Monk that has had the easiest job he'll ever have and has deemed to have failed? Now I do feel like Swansea have made a poor decision in sacking Monk - just showing football nowadays has no room for failure.

Now, although I agree with the above statement in that is the easiest job he'll ever have, perhaps he may work well in tandem with Stuart Gray - a defensive focused, Championship hardened experienced coach who can be an involved and active Alan Curbishley to the former Kit Symons. The blend of Gray's defensive focus and Monk's Swansea influenced possession based football may come together well like Arsene Wenger and Steve Bould came together to bring two FA Cups, the first trophies in years.

ffc2004

Inherited a footballing style that was ingrained in the club for years, starting with Martinez, and when push came to shove when things weren't going to plan couldn't halt the slide - not for me, thanks.

grandad

Not too sure about him. He has not achieved much. The 8th position Swansea gained last season was on the back of the squad he inherited from Rogers who could make a return there.
Where there's a will there's a wife

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 09, 2015, 04:19:55 PM
Monk may join a Monastery.

In the kitchen as either a Friar or a Chip Monk

Sorry !
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

The Old Count

valdeingruo

Quote from: FPT on December 09, 2015, 04:23:15 PM
The same Garry Monk that has had the easiest job he'll ever have and has deemed to have failed? Now I do feel like Swansea have made a poor decision in sacking Monk - just showing football nowadays has no room for failure.

Now, although I agree with the above statement in that is the easiest job he'll ever have, perhaps he may work well in tandem with Stuart Gray - a defensive focused, Championship hardened experienced coach who can be an involved and active Alan Curbishley to the former Kit Symons. The blend of Gray's defensive focus and Monk's Swansea influenced possession based football may come together well like Arsene Wenger and Steve Bould came together to bring two FA Cups, the first trophies in years.

:plus one:
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Jem

"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

filham

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on December 09, 2015, 04:33:26 PM

Sorry !
And at the same time getting into bad habits.

MikeW

Realistically isn't it Laudrup we should be after?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

alexmur

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on December 09, 2015, 04:02:40 PM
Just the same situation as Kit but with Swansea. Who knows which way it'd go, he doesn't have much experience. I wouldn't think it's a good idea.
I tend to agree with you

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Wearethewhites

No thank you. The focus should be on someone like Jokanovic.

Hoppus

Why are we so keen to sign Monk?

JHaynes Paperboy

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on December 09, 2015, 04:33:26 PM

Sorry !

Sounds a bit "fishy" to me.

Wimbledon_White

Chesh

Seriously, can someone explain why we should 'get Monk now'?

Not for me.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

bucksfulham

Quote from: Chesh on December 09, 2015, 06:34:29 PM
Seriously, can someone explain why we should 'get Monk now'?

Not for me.

:plus one: