watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

One Last post: Just Back from Paris

Started by nose, December 09, 2015, 10:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

As promised, one last post when i returned from Paris.
Due to the unfortunate recent events we decided to postpone the 'holiday' part of the trip because we were staying right by the hotel and whilst I was happy enough to travel the family was going crackers. So thanks for all the advice, hopefully we will sample the food when the weather is better in spring.

I still went on business and it was pretty much normal life with a touch more security, seen it much tougher elsewhere.

The best thing i ate was in fact a loaf of bread and some sublime pate from a supermarket near Boulogne... truly a delightful picnic on the train home!

Regarding the events at the club itself. Words almost fail me, well not really. To wait 4 weeks to not appointment a Head Coach but the head coach's assistant is bizarre. I suspect what is being done is to try out Mr Gray, if all goes well we will announce him as the man till the end of the season. if it stutters then the board/Mr Rigg will say well this was never a permananet appointment. A fairly flimsy and transparent ruse to calm the supporters and perhaps even tempt me out of retirement.

In my opinion, this is the worst since Mr Bulstrode. They say the road to hell is paved with good intention and i am begining to believe that is what we have with our clearly well intentioned owner. I am staggered that he allows the board/Mr Rigg to continue in situ, they make so many errors of judgment it is almost impossible to understand the thought processes they employ.

the other observation i can make is the midweek apologists for the club seem to be in good voice, they will be swampped for sure if we get a poor result at the weekend before coming out of hiding next tuesday as usual. I honestly hate they way some people are prepared to defend the actions of the club management at the moment, or say wait and see. Wait and see what? Gray hasa very unenvibale track record, why has he been appointed? When we will we appoint a genuinely capable manager (if I may still use the proper term for the man running the first team). There are still some about worth having. It was pointless sacking Kit and then sitting on our hands all this time, toally pointless. I despair of inaction of the board/Mr Rigg, they are totally taking the fun out of it.

The Nose will not be posting again so whether you agree or disagree you are nonetheless kindered spirits and i wish you all...

:merry christmas:     :Happy New Year:     xma2        xmascheer1      and i just like this and not noticed it before :wow:

RaySmith

Having stated that they want an experienced manager - they have tried, unsuccessfully, to get the candidates they had in mind, so they have gone with Gray - but his role isn't clear, which doesn't augur well, but maybe he will surprise us.

Well, as someone who was against the  sacking of Kit, it now looks even worse a decision, when there was no one ready to replace him.

But as a supporter I believe in trying to be as positive as possible under the circumstances, and that we should get behind the man in charge, however temporary, and the team whatever, though I doubt if anyone thinks the club  management doesn't deserve criticism -to say the least.

Though I don't  think it is anything  like Bulstrode - who had a clear plan to asset strip the club and sell it off.

xma1

St Eve

Pleased you are back safe and sound. Most of us are perplexed as to what is going on

Carborundum

Enjoyed your post nose.  Rather than add to to remarks about our club, I'll just reflect that French supermarkets generally sort out the basics of life very well indeed.

Dr Know

The Old Count

andy

I also stayed near Paris recently and found things to be pretty normal.

I think your analysis of the current situation is very similar to my own except I think I seem to feel much more bitter than your measured comments, I may borrow some of your phrases 'for future usage' as they say in my family.