watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our players are good enough - but

Started by H4usuallysitting, December 15, 2015, 11:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

we lack organisation in almost every area of the park and off the pitch......and the longer this Head Coach/Manager farce goes on the same mistakes will happen over and over......Mr Rigg is fooling no one with his middle management speak as it's all for us to see week in week out on the pitch the same errors and lack of organisation..... The whole club is in a state of limbo.

Mr Gray has been given the Senior Coach position (whatever that is) with the same brief to get us in the top 6 - a position almost impossible to achieve as he (Mr Gray)/they (the team)/we (us supporters) have not a clue what/when he will be replaced......

What a complete mess

Chutney

Our players, except the defence, are good enough. Our defence needs huge investment.
C O Y W

WoodyFFC73

Are they really good enough? There's a couple that are, but for me the majority just ain't up to championship winning standard. Too many lightweight players for my liking, but I may be on my own with this?

Bronaldinho

Even our defence is good enough.

You've hit the nail on the head, it's a lack of organisation and coaching.

Look at Leicester and Brighton, two teams who don't have the best squads in the league, but with the right coaching they have been able to top their divisions.

We have Stearman, Cairney, Ream, O'Hara < All 4 won player of the season at their clubs last year. We have the quality and the best forward in the league in McCormack.

The problem is no defined shape or organisation, game-plan or consistency.

Even under Rene we had some organisation, and that's why we started to turn a corner. We had that Counter attacking 4-4-1-1 with Holtby behind the forward and Tunners acting as a defensive RM. May not have been the best side or system, but it worked, players knew what they were doing - we lack that now.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Chutney

Quote from: Bronaldinho on December 16, 2015, 08:58:54 AM

Look at Leicester and Brighton, two teams who don't have the best squads in the league, but with the right coaching they have been able to top their divisions.

We have Stearman, Cairney, Ream, O'Hara < All 4 won player of the season at their clubs last year. We have the quality and the best forward in the league in McCormack.

Even under Rene we had some organisation, and that's why we started to turn a corner. We had that Counter attacking 4-4-1-1 with Holtby behind the forward and Tunners acting as a defensive RM. May not have been the best side or system, but it worked, players knew what they were doing - we lack that now.

Both of those sides have good defenders. We do not.
C O Y W

BlaWhiArmyyyyyy

Quote from: Chutney on December 16, 2015, 09:01:47 AM

I think we do. Stearman and Ream are definitely good enough. They just need some good coaching, its the same scenario that was there with Hughes. He wasn't great under Sanchez but then Hodgson turned him into a great defender. Stearman was good enough for a Wolves side that reached 7th. Brighton have the same backline as last season. Both sides were organised and knew what their roles were....Fulham are the polar opposite. 14 goals conceded from set pieces...awful.

Chutney

Quote from: BlaWhiArmyyyyyy on December 16, 2015, 09:28:19 AM

I think we do. Stearman and Ream are definitely good enough. They just need some good coaching, its the same scenario that was there with Hughes. He wasn't great under Sanchez but then Hodgson turned him into a great defender. Stearman was good enough for a Wolves side that reached 7th. Brighton have the same backline as last season. Both sides were organised and knew what their roles were....Fulham are the polar opposite. 14 goals conceded from set pieces...awful.

Ream I agree is good enough and could actually be our best defender, Stearman no, He's been relegated from the championship twice before.
C O Y W

BlaWhiArmyyyyyy

Quote from: Chutney on December 16, 2015, 09:30:07 AM
Quote from: BlaWhiArmyyyyyy on December 16, 2015, 09:28:19 AM

Ream I agree is good enough and could actually be our best defender, Stearman no, He's been relegated from the championship twice before.

Stearman wasnt at Wolves when they went down, he was on loan at Ipswich. So hes only played a role in one relegation. Stearman has the qualities to be a good defender. Gray given time im sure will help the team defensively. The only concern i have at the back is the loss of Husbands and Jazz Richards playing. Garbutt will be ok but i'd rather Husband there and Fredericks instead of Richards....surely he has the record for pens conceded. If he replicated his Wales form we'd have a decent full back!

H4usuallysitting

Our defence is just not organised....... Last night the Ipswich defence was no better than ours, but they were organised......there Manager organised them

Chutney

I don't think Caulker is very good, so no. I tend to be quite harsh on defenders but its such an important position that we can't afford to carry anyone, we have been carrying Stearman since he joined, he's slow, weak and clumsy. Ream on the other hand has shown he is an improvement on what he had before. As for Jazz Richards, well, the less said about him the better.... We don't actually own a first team left back... Our defence needs huge investment IMO. The fact we have conceded the joint most goals in the division supports my view point here. 

In january (If we are allowed to do so) I'd like to see a left back (Husband?), a centre back to partner ream (tom lees or lewis dunk ideally). I think Fredericks is okay at right back and that Grimmer could be a breath of fresh air.

Husband Ream Lees Grimmer/Fredericks - This defence looks much more solid to me.
C O Y W

Lighthouse

Blimey for a team that is good enough. The fact that they are on their third coach and still look disorganised means they are just stupid? What will a good coach do? Tell them to mark players at corners and free kicks. Pass better.

I will be interested to see who is so good they are here next season battling for promotion under this good coach.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

mike_corkcity12

I think morale must be at an all time low which will be very hard to rectify.

Chutney

Quote from: Statto on December 16, 2015, 10:22:17 AM
To my knowledge Lees hasn't finished a season in the top half of the championship.

Ream finished 7th with Bolton in his first full season in 2012-13, nothing more

Pale in comparison to Stearman's achievements

Stearman's achievements, relegated to league one with leicester, relegated from the prem with wolves. Promoted from league 1 with wolves. The only division he has seen success so far has been the division below our current one... He has NEVER been successful. Ream has won the eastern conference title in the USA with new york red bulls and is a full international. Lees I agree hasn't seen much success but he hasn't been in as many failing sides as Richard Stearman and Lees looks good in the championship. You can't tell me Stearman has looked up to it while he's been here, because he's looked poor.
C O Y W

Chutney

Quote from: Statto on December 16, 2015, 10:48:14 AM
Quote from: Chutney on December 16, 2015, 10:36:18 AM
Quote from: Statto on December 16, 2015, 10:22:17 AM
To my knowledge Lees hasn't finished a season in the top half of the championship.

Ream finished 7th with Bolton in his first full season in 2012-13, nothing more

Pale in comparison to Stearman's achievements

Stearman's achievements, relegated to league one with leicester, relegated from the prem with wolves. Promoted from league 1 with wolves. The only division he has seen success so far has been the division below our current one... He has NEVER been successful. Ream has won the eastern conference title in the USA with new york red bulls and is a full international. Lees I agree hasn't seen much success but he hasn't been in as many failing sides as Richard Stearman and Lees looks good in the championship. You can't tell me Stearman has looked up to it while he's been here, because he's looked poor.

At this level:
Player of the year with two clubs
Won the league
PFA team of the year

As I said, 2 seasons in the premiership playing against the likes of Rooney and Drogba. One season the league one, but he won the league that year and also player of the year (again)

So are you saying he's looked a good player since he's been here? His best performances for any club have come in league 1, which looks to be a level he is comfortable at, IMO he is out of his depth and it shows in his performances, with stearman in the squad we are always vulnerable to conceding stupid goals, and we have been. He isn't solely to blame but is a big part of the problem currently. I was saying the exact same about Hutchinson last season, they are very similar players...
C O Y W