watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Beijing Reds and Woy

Started by aFFCn_Fan, August 05, 2010, 12:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aFFCn_Fan

I know as a collective there seems to be much hate towards the scousers at the moment, but does anyone else think it's a bit of an odd move, if the rumours are true, that Liverpool is being taken over by a Chinese Government-backed fund. China with it's communist regime, and so many better things to spend their money on than a club that just might challenge for the top four (at best) in England's most commercially driven football league. And for that matter one of the most capitalist leagues in the world.

Admittedly the Chinese economy is supposedly one of the biggest growth economies in the modern day, but surely risking all of that in the limited return of backing a football club doesn't make a great deal of financial sense?

And is Woy now on a course to follow the unemployment route that Hughes did at Citeh? Become manager under one owner (or two in this case), then the club gets taken over and he gets the boot halfway through the season if they're not top of the table.

PS please don't hate on me for talking about Liverpool :034:
@hincharoo

Lighthouse

When Roy first went to Liverspot, the shock was not that he had gone to a big club, but had gone to a club without an owner. I have no idea how secure this deal is but any overseas ownership is ripe for problems.

If Roy has alot of money to spend, unless he finds instant success he will be moved on. Roy is an expert in finding good players for small fees and making them better. He has yet to prove himself in making expensive players work well under his guidance.

I think Mark Hughes has the more secure job right now.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

cebu

I'm totally with you on this one Lighthouse. If the takeover occurs, the new owners may have completely different longer term plans sans Roy.

os5889

Or

On the flip side, seeing a strong manager bringing in Joe Cole and convincing Torres and Gerrard to stay sparking a bidding war....

aFFCn_Fan

Just dawned on me as well, do you think the Premier League would apply the fit and proper persons test if it was the Chinese government behind this Kenny Huang guy, what with their alleged human rights issues. It's also a perfect name for a Chinaman to ingratiate himself if he takes over the Fool...eh Kenny?
@hincharoo

beijing ben

Quote from: aFFCn_Fan on August 05, 2010, 04:19:58 PM
Just dawned on me as well, do you think the Premier League would apply the fit and proper persons test if it was the Chinese government behind this Kenny Huang guy, what with their alleged human rights issues. It's also a perfect name for a Chinaman to ingratiate himself if he takes over the Fool...eh Kenny?

It's not the fit and proper persons test any more. I don't think it will be a problem.

At a recent conference in Beijing it was said that the estimated borrowing level by the US government from the Chinese government is one billion dollars per day