watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Portsmouth Saved

Started by os5889, August 05, 2010, 04:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

HMRC loses high court judgement against club.

Fantastic news for them and their fans.

I still feel the football creditors rule must be illegal!

HMRC will appeal!

epsomraver

Although HMRC are affected, what they are fighting against  is that footballers on thousands a week getting all their money and the little business's around Pompey getting 20 p in the pound including them

Vinnieffc

According to SSN, HMRC will NOT appeal..

LBNo11

...it's a shame that the FA itself wasn't fined for the incompetence they showed when allowing 5 or 6 chairmen to become owners in such a short period of time with no apparent checks on their suitability.

Of course now they have changed the rules regarding "Fit & Proper" owners (how will they square that with the Chinese governement if they take over Liddlepool), but as ever money talks as the FA and premiership benefits from such matters - well, at the top anyway...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Oakeshott

Yes, if the Chinese government is the "power behind the throne" of the successful bid for Liverpool it will be interesting to know that murdering thugs are acceptable to the FA as fit and proper people.

All we want know is the Iranians buying Wigan and Robert Mugabee Newcastle and we'll have a full(ish) set.

Lighthouse

Now clubs in the Football League actually have to put names to the shadowy people that run them. Ken Bates at Leeds is wondering how his contract with Satan is going to be explained. Still we have had despots from Thailand as Mark Hughes knows to his cost, so we will see where the rules stop. I bet the top 4 are fine whatever happens.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Oakeshott

Lighthouse

And West Ham of course.

tingtawng

thats a relief ,but who were the idiots who were wasting cash like it was confetti? they should be locked away in Broadmore
IN SVEN VE TVUST

epsomraver

Whats  Broadmoor ever done, nice class of people never to be feisted on the public except me,  my claim to fame is that I have been in there, and came out a better man