more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (28/12/15)...

Started by WhiteJC, December 28, 2015, 09:11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Burn: Same Old Story

Dan Burn admitted Fulham's defensive frailties came back to haunt the Whites at Derby County's iPro Stadium on Boxing Day.

Fulham more than matched the promotion-chasing Rams in a goalless first half, but fell behind shortly after the restart when Johnny Russell's cross went in off a combination of Tim Ream and Emerson Hyndman. The visitors then had a real go at Derby but Jacob Butterfield's late strike condemned Fulham to defeat.

"We've matched probably the best team in the league for 60-70 minutes but conceded two sloppy goals again," Burn told the official website. "It's the same story every week and it's got to change.

"It was even I thought. We've shown before we can more than match any team in the league but we can't keep conceding goals like that. The first goal was fortuitous but Russell just breezed by us and that sort of thing can't happen, because those kind of players punish you.

"The second goal was a give and go - and was down to tracking runners. We had a couple of good chances before that; Ross McCormack had one that curled just wide and Matt Smith went close with a header. If we could have taken those, it would have evened it up, but at the same time we can't keep conceding like we did.

"I thought we defended well from set-pieces and have improved massively on them. It's disappointing and disheartening, because we've worked really hard and we feel we're defending well. But you've got to concentrate for the full 90 minutes. That one little switch-off can cost you."

Fulham return to action on Tuesday when Rotherham United arrive at the Cottage. The Millers thrashed fellow strugglers Bolton Wanderers 4-0 on Boxing Day, but Burn is desperate to end a disappointing year on something of a high.

"Rotherham is a massive game on Tuesday now, so we've got to get the Derby result out our minds as soon as possible," said Burn. "We've got players of quality and we always know we've got goals in the team. But we've got to stop conceding.

"Rotherham are coming to us on the back of a good result. So it's a massive game - a six-pointer. It's disappointing we've got to keep talking about that again but we've just got to keep battling. We need to end the year on the high. We've had too many bad results now. We need to get that win and then that can give us a bit of momentum."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/december/27/burn-same-old-story?

WhiteJC

Stuart Gray expected to lead Fulham in clash against Rotherham

Stuart Gray is expecting to be in charge for Fulham's clash with Rotherham on Tuesday.

The former Sheffield Wednesday manager has been appointed senior coach at Craven Cottage and is still waiting for a head coach to be appointed above him.

He oversaw a 2-0 defeat at Derby on Boxing Day which made it no wins in nine for the Cottagers and Gray could be tempted to make changes against the Millers.

Matt Smith, Tom Cairney and Ben Pringle, against his former club, are all pushing for starts.

Rotherham will again be without Leon Best as they are reassessing how to manage his groin injury which has restricted him to just 73 minutes in a Millers shirt.

Stephen Kelly (calf) should be fit, though, and he is likely to go straight into the side at right-back instead of Frazer Richardson.

Lewis Buxton will not play as he was left out of Saturday's 4-0 win over Bolton over "contractual issues".

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/english-league-championship/match/422674/fulham-rotherham-united/preview

WhiteJC

Fulham agree compensation over new boss

Fulham have agreed compensation with Maccabi Tel Aviv over making Slavisa Jokanovic the London club's new boss, according to a report.

It is understood that Fulham have been in talks with Jokanovic about taking over at the club for the past few days.  With around £250,000 compensation now having been agreed with Tel Aviv, the deal looks set to go ahead.

Fulham have been without a manager since they sacked Kit Symons in early November so have taken their time in appointing a new man.  Several names have been linked with the job, such as Nigel Pearson and Paul Lambert, but moves for most failed to materialise.

It now looks as if Fulham have finally got their man however, after nearly two months of looking.  Jokanovic has been identified as the man with the ability to take Fulham back up to the Premier League.  This is in part due to his achievement with Watford last season, when he took the club up.

http://the72.co.uk/42825/fulham-agree-compensation-over-new-boss/?

WhiteJC

Fulham v Rotherham

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP
Venue: Craven Cottage Date: Tuesday 29 December Kick-off: 19:45 GMT
Coverage: Listen on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio; text commentary on the BBC Sport website

TEAM NEWS
Interim boss Stuart Gray is expected to still be in charge of Fulham when they face Rotherham on Tuesday.

At present, Gray has no fresh injury concerns - good news for the Cottagers as they will be under a transfer embargo in January.

Rotherham will be without striker Leon Best as his groin injury needs to be reassessed.

Defender Stephen Kelly (calf) should be fit again and could take Frazer Richardson's place at right-back.

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head
Fulham are unbeaten in six league contests with the Millers, winning three and drawing three.
Rotherham haven't scored more than once away at Fulham since 1970, although they have netted in seven of 10 trips there since then.
The Cottagers have kept just one clean sheet at home this season, the lowest total of any Championship side.
Rotherham's last away goal in the Championship came in November against Leeds.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35154767

WhiteJC

Jokanović Appointed

Fulham Football Club Chairman Shahid Khan today issued the following statement:
"I am extremely proud to announce that Slaviša Jokanović will be joining Fulham as our First Team Head Coach.

"We considered many quality candidates for what we considered to be one of the best positions in football, and I personally interviewed most of them.

"While the search was time-consuming and painstaking at times, I knew that when the process was complete that Fulham would have the best man possible for this opportunity and challenge.

"Slaviša's credentials and passion for the job rose to the top through every stage of this process, and we cannot wait to welcome him to Motspur Park and Craven Cottage to get things going in the right direction for the second half of the season."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/december/27/jokanovic-appointed?

WhiteJC

Fulham appoint Slavisa Jokanovic as new first team coach

Fulham have announced the appointment of Slavisa Jokanovic as their new head coach.

The appointment comes nearly two months after the sacking of Kit Symons, during which time Fulham have found themselves battling to stay clear of the relegation zone.

In a statement chairman Shahid Khan said: "I am extremely proud to announce that Slavisa Jokanović will be joining Fulham as our First Team Head Coach.

"We considered many quality candidates for what we considered to be one of the best positions in football, and I personally interviewed most of them.

"While the search was time-consuming and painstaking at times, I knew that when the process was complete that Fulham would have the best man possible for this opportunity and challenge.

"Slavisa's credentials and passion for the job rose to the top through every stage of this process, and we cannot wait to welcome him to Motspur Park and Craven Cottage to get things going in the right direction for the second half of the season."

MORE TO FOLLOW

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-appoint-slavisa-jokanovic-as-new-first-team-coach-a3145116.html?

WhiteJC

Fulham name former Watford boss Slavisa Jokanovic as new head coach

Fulham have confirmed that former Watford manager Slavisa Jokanovic is their new head coach - 49 days after sacking previous boss Kit Symons.

The 47-year-old Serbian leaves his post as boss of Maccabi Tel Aviv, who currently top the Israeli Premier League and lost all six of their Champions League Group G games this season.

Jokanovic joined the Israeli champions after leading Watford to promotion to the Premier League last term, having joined the Hornets on a short-term deal, but he was unable to agree a long-term contract in the summer.

But he returns to England after compensation of £368,000 was paid to Tel Aviv, and brings with him his assistant Javier Pereira and analyst Alberto Escobar from Israel.

Jokanovic said: "I apologise to the Maccabi supporters and I see that they are the most loyal fans, one of the most amazing I've seen in my football career.

"This made the games I played here at Bloomfield and on Europe great and I enjoyed the city of Tel Aviv. I want to thank all of the people here in Israel, including the press and friends that I've made during my time.

"There's a very important job in London coming up with Fulham and I am looking for stability and I hope to be there a very long time."

Fulham chairman Shahid Khan said: "I am extremely proud to announce that Slavisa will be joining.

"Slavisa's credentials and passion for the job rose to the top through every stage of this process, and we cannot wait to welcome him to Motspur Park and Craven Cottage to get things going in the right direction for the second half of the season."

Fulham have indeed endured a "painstaking" search for a new head coach that has seen them fail in their efforts to hire at least four different candidates.

After sacking Symons on November 8, the club said they initially hoped to have a new man in charge over subsequent international break but instead saw moves for Nigel Pearson, Steve Clarke, Paul Lambert and Gary Rowett all go wrong.

Reports then emerged of an interest in Rangers boss Mark Warburton, but Sky Sports News HQ understands the Whites have never explored the idea of bringing him to Craven Cottage and Warburton declared he had no interest in a move.

Fulham's U21s boss Peter Grant took the first team for three matches - two draws and a defeat that left them 16th in the table - before the Whites brought in former Sheffield Wednesday boss Stuart Gray into an interim role.

Gray has overseen two draws and two defeats but will continue as a senior first-team coach under the new man.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10111840/fulham-name-former-watford-boss-slavisa-jokanovic-as-new-head-coach?

WhiteJC

Fulham name Slavisa Jokanovic as head coach
• Serb was head coach at Maccabi Tel Aviv this season, and Watford last season
• Kit Symons was sacked by Fulham last month

Maccabi Tel Aviv's Slavisa Jokanovic has been appointed head coach at Fulham. Photograph: Sergey Dolzhenko/EPA

Fulham have appointed Slavisa Jokanovic as their new head coach, the chairman Shahid Khan said in a statement.

The Serb, who has left his post as Maccabi Tel Aviv manager to take the role, was manager of Watford last season when they were promoted to the Premier League. Negotiations to extend his contract at Vicarage Road broke down in June over his wage demands and Quique Sánchez Flores was appointed in his place.

"I am extremely proud to announce that Slavisa Jokanovic will be joining Fulham as our first team head coach," Khan said. "We considered many quality candidates for what we considered to be one of the best positions in football, and I personally interviewed most of them.

Kit Symons was sacked last month by Fulham after a 5-2 home Championship loss to Birmingham. Peter Grant and then Stuart Gray were in temporary charge since then and Jokanovic arrives with the club 18th in the table, three points above the relegation zone.

Jokanovic's deal at Watford had expired at the end of June and he was offered significantly improved terms of around a £1m basic salary, plus another £1m in performance-based payments. However, Jokanovic was seeking some £2.5m in wages alone.

Confirmation of the 47-year-old's appointment by Fulham came minutes after Maccabi, the Israeli league leaders, won 5-0 at home to Hapoel Kiryat Shmona. Maccabi said Fulham had paid €500,000 (£370,000) in compensation for Jokanovic.

The sports director, Jordi Cruyff, said: "It is hard to lose a coach of this calibre. Despite the relatively short period of time he spent here in Israel, Slavisa guided us to the Champions League group stage and will always be remembered fondly at Maccabi for that adventure."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/27/fulham-slavisa-jokanovic-head-coach?

WhiteJC

Fulham appoint Jokanovic as new head coach
by DAN on DECEMBER 27, 2015

Fulham have tonight confirmed the appointment of former Watford boss Slavisa Jokanovic as their new head coach.

The Serbian coach leaves Israeli side Maccabi Tel Aviv to take over from Stuart Gray at Craven Cottage after a fraught seven week search to find a successor to Kit Symonds, who was sacked in November. Maccabi Tel Aviv confirmed the news shortly after their 5-0 victory over Hapoel Kiryat Shmona tonight and Jokanovic leaves the club top of the Israeli top flight.

The former Chelsea midfielder, who won 64 caps for the former Yugoslavia during his player career, is best known in the English game for guiding Watford to the Premier League last season with a game to spare, having only been brought in at Vicarage Road in October, and leading the Hornets to fifteen wins in twenty games. He has previously guided Partizan Belgrade to back-to-back domestic doubles and won the Thai Premier League with Muangthong United.

Fulham chairman Shahid Khan said tonight in a statement:

"I am extremely proud to announce that Slaviša Jokanovi? will be joining Fulham as our First Team Head Coach.

"Slaviša's credentials and passion for the job rose to the top through every stage of this process, and we cannot wait to welcome him to Motspur Park and Craven Cottage to get things going in the right direction for the second half of the season."

Jokanovic's first game in charge of Fulham will be Tuesday's crucial clash with Rotherham United at Craven Cottage.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2015/12/fulham-appoint-jokanovic-as-new-head-coach/?

WhiteJC

Fulham appoint ex-Watford manager Slavisa Jokanovic as new head coach
Fulham have appointed Slavisa Jokanovic as the club's new head coach
Kit Symons was relieved off his duties at Craven Cottage on November 8
The former Watford boss has left his role at Israel giants Maccabi Tel-Aviv

Fulham's laborious managerial hunt has come to an end after Slavisa Jokanovic agreed to become head coach.

It is 49 days since the west Londoners sacked Kit Symons, having grown frustrated by their inconsistent Sky Bet Championship form.

The process to replace him has been fraught with challenges but, after Peter Grant and then Stuart Gray took temporary charge, the club have belatedly announced that they have agreed to bring Jokanovic from Maccabi Tel Aviv as head coach.

Fulham's lengthy managerial hunt has come to an end after Slavisa Jokanovic agreed to become head coach

Jokanovic, who has left Israel giants Maccabi Tel Aviv, led Watford to promotion from Championship last term

The former Serbia international (pictured last month) returns to English football after just six months away

The news came minutes after the Israeli league leaders won 5-0 at home to Hapoel Kiryat Shmona and means the former Serbia international returns to English football after just six months away.

Jokanovic last season led Watford to automatic promotion to the Premier League, only to leave Vicarage Road after talks over a new deal collapsed.

It is believed the 47-year-old has been on Fulham's shortlist to succeed Symons from the outset so, after a long and uncomfortable period without a manger, owner Shahid Khan was understandably pleased to make the appointment.

'I am extremely proud to announce that Slavisa Jokanovic will be joining Fulham as our First Team Head Coach,' he said in a statement.

'We considered many quality candidates for what we considered to be one of the best positions in football, and I personally interviewed most of them.

'While the search was time-consuming and painstaking at times, I knew that when the process was complete that Fulham would have the best man possible for this opportunity and challenge.

'Slavisa's credentials and passion for the job rose to the top through every stage of this process, and we cannot wait to welcome him to Motspur Park and Craven Cottage to get things going in the right direction for the second half of the season.'

'While the search was time-consuming and painstaking at times, I knew that when the process was complete that Fulham would have the best man possible for this opportunity and challenge.

'Slavisa's credentials and passion for the job rose to the top through every stage of this process, and we cannot wait to welcome him to Motspur Park and Craven Cottage to get things going in the right direction for the second half of the season.'

The Championship strugglers, who are 18th in the league, confirmed their new appointment on Sunday night

The west London club have been searching for a new manager since sacking Kit Symons on November 8

Maccabi confirmed Fulham have paid 500,000 euros (£367,500) compensation for Jokanovic, ending a frustrating period without a manager.

The west London club initially agreed terms with Steve Clarke, only for the then-Reading manager to pull out.

Birmingham manager Gary Rowett and Rangers boss Mark Warburton were others sounded out, before former Sheffield Wednesday boss Gray was named senior coach and placed in temporary charge.

Fulham have drawn two and lost two under Gray, including the 2-0 loss at Derby on Boxing Day, and chief football officer Mike Rigg has now belatedly succeeded in bringing in Jokanovic.

Sportsmail understands the Warburton deal hit trouble because the former Brenford boss wanted to bring in Frank McParland to come with him as director of football on a £300,000 salary.

The former Chelsea midfielder took on his former club in the Champions League group stage this season and thanked Maccabi for an enjoyable, if short, time at the helm.

Stuart Gray took temporary charge of Fulham but the club have now confirmed their new appointment

Fulham were defeated 2-0 by Derby on Boxing Day, which leaves them just three points above relegation zone

'I apologise to the Maccabi supporters and I see that they are the most loyal fans, one of the most amazing I've seen in my football career,' Jokanovic told the Israeli club's website.

'This made the games I played here at Bloomfield and on Europe great and I enjoyed the city of Tel Aviv.

'I want to thank all of the people here in Israel, including the press and friends that I've made during my time.

'There's a very important job in London coming up with Fulham and I am looking for stability and I hope to be there a very long time.'

The Cottagers have failed to win any of their seven matches since Symons' exit and host fellow strugglers Rotherham on Tuesday.

The former Chelsea midfielder has thanked Maccabi for an enjoyable, if short, time at the helm

Jokanovic had a playing spell at Chelsea and here looks on as Fulham's Luis Boa More shoots at goal in 2001

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3375701/Fulham-appoint-ex-Watford-manager-Slavisa-Jokanovic-head-coach.html#ixzz3vbeyLoGN
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WhiteJC

Slavisa Jokanovic: Fulham appoint Serb as new head coach

Fulham have appointed Slavisa Jokanovic as their new head coach.

The Championship side had been without a manager since sacking Kit Symons in early November.

Serb Jokanovic, 47, won promotion to the Premier League with Watford last season but left Vicarage Road after contract talks broke down.

He was appointed manager at Israeli side Maccabi Tel Aviv in June, leading them into the Champions League group stage for the first time.

His last game in charge was a 5-0 victory on Sunday, with Maccabi announcing Fulham had agreed to pay a £367,000 compensation  fee.
Fulham chairman Shahid Khan said he had personally interviewed "many quality candidates for what we considered to be one of the best positions in football".

He added: "Slavisa's credentials and passion for the job rose to the top through every stage of this process, and we cannot wait to welcome him to Motspur Park and Craven Cottage."

Jokanovic, who spent two years as a player with Chelsea between 2000 and 2002, arrives at Fulham with the Londoners 18th in the Championship.

Their next match is on Tuesday, at home to fellow strugglers Rotherham, who are 21st.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35187877

WhiteJC

Former Watford boss Slavisa Jokanovic appointed as new Fulham manager
The 47-year-old Serb joins from Israeli side Maccabi Tel Aviv and has been tasked with saving Fulham from relegation

Fulham's laborious managerial hunt has come to an end after Slavisa Jokanovic agreed to become head coach.

It is over 50 days since the west Londoners sacked Kit Symons, having grown frustrated by their inconsistent Sky Bet Championship form.

The process to replace him has been fraught with challenges but, after Peter Grant and then Stuart Gray took temporary charge, the club have belatedly announced that they have agreed to bring Jokanovic from Maccabi Tel Aviv as head coach.

The news came minutes after the Israeli league leaders won 5-0 at home to Hapoel Kiryat Shmona and means the former Serbia international returns to English football after just six months away.

Jokanovic last season led Watford to automatic promotion to the Premier League, only to leave Vicarage Road after talks over a new deal collapsed.

Telegraph Sport understands the 47-year-old has been on Fulham's shortlist to succeed Symons from the outset so, after a long and uncomfortable period without a manger, owner Shahid Khan was understandably pleased to make the appointment.

"I am extremely proud to announce that Slavisa Jokanovic will be joining Fulham as our First Team Head Coach," he said in a statement.

Jokanovic led Tel Aviv to the Champions League group stage

Maccabi confirmed Fulham have paid 500,000 euros (£367,500) compensation for Jokanovic, ending a frustrating period without a manager.

The west London club initially agreed terms with Steve Clarke, only for the then-Reading manager to pull out.

Birmingham manager Gary Rowett and Rangers boss Mark Warburton were others sounded out, before former Sheffield Wednesday boss Gray was named senior coach and placed in temporary charge.

Fulham have drawn two and lost two under Gray, including the 2-0 loss at Derby on Boxing Day, and chief football officer Mike Rigg has now belatedly succeeded in bringing in Jokanovic.

The former Chelsea midfielder took on his former club in the Champions League group stage this season and thanked Maccabi for an enjoyable, if short, time at the helm.

"I apologise to the Maccabi supporters and I see that they are the most loyal fans, one of the most amazing I've seen in my football career," Jokanovic told the Israeli club's website.

"This made the games I played here at Bloomfield and on Europe great and I enjoyed the city of Tel Aviv.

"I want to thank all of the people here in Israel, including the press and friends that I've made during my time.

"There's a very important job in London coming up with Fulham and I am looking for stability and I hope to be there a very long time."

The Cottagers have failed to win any of their seven matches since Symons' exit and host fellow strugglers Rotherham on Tuesday.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/fulham/12070979/Former-Watford-boss-Slavisa-Jokanovic-appointed-as-new-Fulham-manager.html

WhiteJC

Fulham appoint Slavisa Jokanovic as head coach – 49 days after axing Kit Symons

"Slavisa's credentials and passion for the job rose to the top" said club chairman Shahid Khan

It is 49 days since the west Londoners sacked Kit Symons, having grown frustrated by their inconsistent Sky Bet Championship form.

Fulham chairman Shahid Khan said: "I am extremely proud to announce that Slavisa Jokanovic will be joining Fulham as our First Team Head Coach.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fulham-appoint-slavisa-jokanovic-head-7079240?

WhiteJC

Jokanovic: 'I hope to be at Fulham for a very long time'
by DAN on DECEMBER 27, 2015

Slavisa Jokanovic has described his appointment as the new Fulham head coach as 'a very important job' and says he hopes to with the London club for 'a very long time'.

Jokanovic's first comments after his move from Maccabi Tel Aviv was confirmed came in a hastily convened press conference that followed their league victory this evening. He told the assembled media:

I am grateful for both clubs, Maccabi and Fulham as well especially Maccabi who cared about my personal needs. I enjoyed my 6 months here in Tel Aviv. We qualified for the Champions League and we are halfway there for this season.

I apologize to the Maccabi supporters and I see that they are the most loyal fans, one of the most amazing I've seen in my football career. This made the games I played here at Bloomfield and on Europe great and I enjoyed the city of Tel Aviv. I want to thank all of the people here in Israel including the press and friends that I've made during my time.

There's a very important job in London coming up with Fulham and I am looking for stability and I hope to be there a very long time

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2015/12/jokanovic-i-hope-to-be-at-fulham-for-a-very-long-time/?

WhiteJC

Fulham finally find their man in Slavisa Jokanovic

Fulham have FINALLY ended their lengthy search for a new head coach - 49 days - following the appointment of Slavisa Jokanovic.

The Cottagers had been on the hunt for a new gaffer since sacking Kit Symons back in early November, however they can now at long last venture into a new chapter in their managerial history after announcing Jokanovic as Symons' successor in the dugout.

Jokanovic, who last season led Watford up to the Premier League, had been in charge of Israeli side Maccabi Tel Aviv, but the chance to manage in England once again proved too irresistible to turn down.

The Serb won't have long to wait for his first match at the helm, with his troops, 18th, tackling fellow strugglers Rotherham, 21st, on Tuesday at Craven Cottage.

http://www.thesackrace.com/news/27th-december-2015/fulham-finally-find-their-man-in-slavisa-jokanovic?

WhiteJC

Fulham appoint Slavisa Jokanovic: Everything you need to know about the former Watford boss

The 47-year-old joins from Maccabi Tel Aviv and comes having already forged a reputation in England as both a player and a manager in the past

New man in charge: Slavisa Jokanovic

Slavisa Jokanovic has been named as Fulham's new head coach to bring to an end a long search for Kit Symons' successor at Craven Cottage.

The 47-year-old joins from Maccabi Tel Aviv and comes having already forged a reputation in England as both a player and a manager in the past.

Symons was sacked at the start of November and Fulham fans are relieved to finally have a new man in place as they gear up for the visit of Rotherham on Tuesday night.

But who is the coach Shahid Khan has entrusted with leading the club back to the Premier League and out of Championship danger?

Here's a closer look at the career of the Serbian tactician...

Playing Career

During his Chelsea days...Slavisa Jokanovic jokes with Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink in training
Jokanovic, a defensive midfielder by trade but with an eye for goal, started his career with Yugoslavian team Novi Sad before helping neighbouring team FK Vojvodina to the domestic title.

His form led to him signing for Partizan Belgrade and secured a domestic cup in his second season before another title in his third.

He earned a move to Spanish side Oviedo in 1993 and played two seasons there before moving to Tenerife.

He joined Deportivo La Coruna in 1999 and helped them win their first ever league title after forming a partnership with Donato and Mauro Silva.

He moved to London afterwards, signing for Fulham's rivals Chelsea, but after 39 appearances over two seasons he was released.

A brief stint with Ciudad de Murcia brought the end of his domestic career; scoring 66 goals in 403 league games.

Jokanovic represented Yugoslavia six times, making his debut in 1991 and helped them top the group in Euro 1992 qualification only for the country to be barred from the tournament due to war.

He made a further 58 appearances for FR Yugoslavia, which became Serbia and Montenegro before they became separate entities, and helped them qualify for the 1998 World Cup and Euro 2000. He scored 10 goals in his international career.

Coaching career

In the hotseat: Slavisa Jokanovic
Jokanovic took his first steps into management in 2007 as he returned to one of his old clubs, Partizan, and made an instant impression by leading the Belgrade side to back-to-back domestic doubles.

After leaving the club by mutual consent and taking some time out from football, Thailand Premier League outfit Muangthong United announced Jokanovic as their new boss.

He went undefeated throughout the campaign as he added a third league title to his collection as a manager before heading back to Europe with Levski Sofia.

His time in Bulgaria was unsuccessful and Jokanovic failed to see out the season before taking on a rescue mission with Hércules' but couldn't keep the Spaniards up in their final five matches.

However, Jokanovic was to bounce back in spectacular fashion as he led Watford back to the big time after taking over in October 2014.

But the boss would never manage in the Premier League with the Hornets though after failing to thrash out a deal in Hertfordshire.

Maccabi made the most of his wages wrangle with Watford, snapping up the free agent, and their faith was repaid as Jokanovic steered the club to the Champions League group stage.

His European conquest with Tel Aviv and his previous promotion win with the Hornets was enough to convince Shahid Khan to offer him the Fulham job at the end of December.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-appoint-slavisa-jokanovic-everything-10657146?

WhiteJC

Former Watford boss appointed Fulham manager in bid to avoid relegation
RELEGATION haunted Fulham last night appointed former Watford boss Slavisa Jokanovic as their new gaffer.

THE BOSS: Jokanovic was appointed today

The Serb has been recruited from Israeli treble winners Maccabi Tel Aviv after taking the Hornets into the Premier League last season before falling out with Hornets owner Gino Pozzo.

Fulham are without a win in nine matches after losing 2-0 at Derby yesterday and lie just three points above the Championship drop zone.

But Chairman Shahid Khan today stated that Fulham "now have the best man possible for this opportunity and challenge."

Victory at Leeds on Tuesday will ensure Paul Clement's Serby side go into 2016 in top spot.

Striker Johnny Russell's good work forced Tim Ream into an own-goal after the break, while Jacob Butterfield added a second late on.

And Fulham defender Dan Burn knows Tuesday's clash with rejuvenated Rotherham now looks a relegation crunch for new boss Jokanovic.

He said: "We've matched probably the best team in the league for 60-70 minutes but conceded two sloppy goals.

"It's the same story every week and it's got to change. Rotherham are coming to us on the back of a good result, so it's a massive game – a six-pointer."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/483827/Slavisa-Jokanovic-Fulham-Former-Watford-manager-Championship

WhiteJC

Welcoming Slavisa Jokanovic
by FPTAYLOR on DECEMBER 27, 2015

Fulham's 49-day search for Kit Symons' replacement at Craven Cottage has ended; after the football club announced the appointment of Slavisa Jokanovic, after agreeing compensation with Israeli side Maccabi Tel Aviv. The Serbian's playing career spread mostly over his native country and Spain with two years in West London with our neighbours Chelsea. A highly rated coach, Jokanovic has six honours to his name in three different countries prior to the age of 47. In his first two seasons in management, Jokanovic won consecutive doubles with Partizan Belgrade; giving good game to Stevan Jovetic and Adam Ljajic at the ages of 17 and18 before the moved to Fiorentina in alternate seasons, as well as 20 year-old Zoran Tosic before he moved to Manchester United. Whilst at Partizan, Slavisa Jokanovic was named as the "Best Coach in Serbia" but refused to accept the reward due to poor results in the UEFA Cup.

Following a two and a half year absence from management, Jokanovic travelled to Thailand where he took over at Muangthong United, replacing Robbie Fowler interestingly, and he led the Thai outfit to the division title undefeated – putting together both the highest scoring attack and the most miserly defence. Then came what seems to have been an unsettled period for Jokanovic. In July 2013, he spent around four months at Levski Sofia in Bulgaria before being sacked, and in May of the following year, he coached five matches at Hercules in Spain and was unable to save the Alicante based football club from relegation to the third tier of Spanish football.

In October of 2014, Jokanovic was identified as the man to take Watford from the Championship to the Premier League as he became the fourth man in charge of the Hornets in 37 days, succeeding former Fulham coach Billy McKinlay. The Serbian fulfilled his task, taking Watford up as runners up, although a last minute goal cost them the title. Jokanovic's attacking brand of football excited Vicarage Road as they scored three or more goals in a match on eleven separate occasions in his tenure; and despite losing four of his first eight matches, it finally clicked for the Serbian and his team as 15 wins in their last 21 matches saw them pip Middlesbrough to second place. Tactically flexible, Jokanovic largely favoured a 3-5-2 at the Hornets, with a deep lying playmaker at the base of the midfield, and two less shackled central midfielders, allowed the freedom to influence the game in attacking areas, with two wing backs and two strikers, Watford were just as affective away from home, as we found to our cost in a 5-0 defeat at Craven Cottage.

After departing Watford after a disagreement over a wage increase in his potential new contract after guiding them to the Premier League for the first time in eight years, Jokanovic was appointed as the head coach at Maccabi Tel Aviv, where his record of success quickly continued as he guided the Israeli outfit to the group stages of the Champions League for the first time in eleven years, knocking out Basel in the play-off stages. The Serbian's short spell in Israeli football came to an end after Fulham made him the first manager "purchased" from another football club after agreeing a compensation package worth £368,000 with his former employers.

Jokanovic has yet to oversee a long-term project, but has a proven track record of success and developing young talent. With a pedigree at this level and a studious background, he appears an exciting appointment, who might quickly make Fulham fans forget the lengthy delay in replacing Kit Symons.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2015/12/welcoming-slavisa-jokanovic/?

WhiteJC

49 days after firing Symons, Fulham hire replacement Jokanovic

LONDON (AP) English Championship club Fulham appointed former Watford manager Slavisa Jokanovic as head coach late Sunday, 49 days after firing Kit Symons.

Jokanovic led Watford to promotion to the English Premier League last season but talks on a new contract collapsed and the 47-year-old Serb left to become boss at Maccabi Tel Aviv.

He apologized to Maccabi fans for departing now, saying the Fulham position was "a very important job" and he hoped "to be there a very long time."

If so, it will be a change to the pattern under Fulham owner Shahid Khan, who also owns the NFL's Jacksonville Jaguars.

Since buying Fulham in July 2013, Khan has gone through several managers: Martin Jol, Rene Meulensteen, Felix Magath and Symons.

http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2015/12/27/49-days-after-firing-symons-fulham-hire-replacement-jokanovic/?

WhiteJC

Reports: Liverpool interested in Moussa Dembele

Liverpool are closely monitoring the progress of Fulham's talented young striker Moussa Dembele, according to The Sun.

The 19-year-old has established himself as a key player for the Cottagers this season, featuring in all but one of their 23 Championship fixtures.

Dembele, a France Under-20 international, has scored nine league goals in 2015/16.

Such has been the promise of his displays, a number of high-profile clubs have been linked with making a move for him recently (per the London Evening Standard) and it appears as though Liverpool are the latest to show a "big interest", as per The Sun.

Read more at http://www.squawka.com/news/reports-liverpool-keeping-transfer-tabs-on-dembele/557371#LiLGJPDq1AgLkePT.99