watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My Thoughts

Started by nose, December 28, 2015, 09:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

I have been among the most vocal/hysterical about the way the club is being run.
None of that changes until we see positive action to correct the errors and make things right.

However, the appointment of a new mananger is always a gamble, no matter how brilliant the appointment. When Kit went the names that seemed to me the best were warburton JFH and Jokanovich and to be honest, jokanovich was my preference so well done the board for getting him AND as I did say in all my hysteria, the wait would be worthwhile if we did in fact get the right man, and we have. So once again, well done to mr khan.

Let us hope this is the first proper step to turning the corner.

Peabody

As long as we fans give him a chance, not much to ask for, is it?

nose

Quote from: Peabody on December 28, 2015, 09:43:18 AM

I think he will get a very good chance like roy had.
we know his reputation and we know the position he finds us in. he has a while to put it right.

unfortunate he cannot purchase anyone, where roy had that luxury and also we had a good squad then and contrary to other peoples comments, I think ours is vastly unblanced a d lacking in too many departments. Also we do have untouchable players in the first team and if that continues I will certainly be mighty disappointed with the new man.

Fulham76

Quote from: Peabody on December 28, 2015, 09:43:18 AM

Would have thought he's got the rest of this season, which is now over, next summers transfer window & should be given a proper chance with his own team next season.

All this changing of managers doesn't help so I'm happy to give him plenty of support while he turns this squad around.

nose

just been reading the wikipedia for the man his record is mighty impressive.

RaySmith

Basically -if we  win games, he'll be a hero - but as soon as we go on a losing run, let alone start with a losing run - it'll be Joko Out!

Seriously though, the crowd will be behind him at the start, and he seems a  popular appointment. I'm sure fans will give him a chance to show what he can do - they should do anyway - it can take a bit of time to adjust to a new club.

filham

Of course we must give him a chance and not expect big changes of fortune overnight.
On the other hand we are on a run of 9 matches without a win, close to the relegation zone and confidence is low. We can't be expected to go too long without a few wins.
Afraid there is immediate pressure.

nose

Quote from: RaySmith on December 28, 2015, 10:34:59 AM
Basically -if we  win games, he'll be a hero - but as soon as we go on a losing run, let alone start with a losing run - it'll be Joko Out!

Seriously though, the crowd will be behind him at the start, and he seems a  popular appointment. I'm sure fans will give him a chance to show what he can do - they should do anyway - it can take a bit of time to adjust to a new club.

I don't think that is necesarilly the case. If we see a pattern emerge and rather more organisation when not in possesion I suspect whatever the results (unless it is a total disaster and I am not anticipating that) I think he will be given every chance.   Further I suspect the players will respond well to having a decision made.

SG

A good coach improves players and thus the effectiveness of the team. Both Tigana and Hodgson took some average players, built them into an efficient effective unit and got them to play better than the sum of the parts.
That is what I will be watching for and expecting to see over the next few months. I am confident that this manager will achieve this

valdeingruo

I agree with your sentiments Nose. I think it would have been reassuring for the club to have released a statement in regards to the Jakanovic.(We are persuing our Man and it is taking longer than expected) It would have alleviated a lot of stress on the supporters.

It appears as if weve got our man. I would rather take two months to appoint the man we want, than appoint a man quickly only to fire him at the end of the season. If we are to believe our goals, Jakanovic will be the one picked to bring us up. This season would be a miracle, next season realistic.

I do hope he brings some, if not all of his staff. We have seemingly stagnated in our coaching over the last few years, I think there is a correlation between this and our defensive frailties.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Andy S

I'm more excited about this man than I have been since Tigana. The research that has gone into his appointment impressive. The money it has cost the club is impressive and the fact that they have realised that coaching is the most important part of football says it all

Tony

I just hope that Rigg does not set a target, such as a certain number of points at the end of the season, and if he fails he is then sacked.
If Khan and co believe he is the man for the job, he must be given time to build a team that can get promoted, and more importantly, to remain in the premier league.
As long as there is continuous improvement on the pitch (even if it is only slight) I believe Jakanovic should be given a decent amount of time.
I am not convinced that sacking managers every year or so achieves anything.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: nose on December 28, 2015, 12:06:58 PM
Quote from: RaySmith on December 28, 2015, 10:34:59 AM

I don't think that is necesarilly the case. If we see a pattern emerge and rather more organisation when not in possesion I suspect whatever the results (unless it is a total disaster and I am not anticipating that) I think he will be given every chance.   Further I suspect the players will respond well to having a decision made.

:plus one:
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !