watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Set pieces

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, December 29, 2015, 12:26:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby Ward-Smith

I know we are poor defensively at keeping out set pieces but we are also horrific at scoring them ourselves. We have such height and aerial threat in our squad with the likes of Burn, Smith and Stearman yet we haven't scored a goal from a corner or freekick (not including McCormack's strikes) since last season. Set pieces our such a big part of the game now especially in the Championship and we waste our set pieces so much and if we can't keep them out then we have to take our chances and we currently our not. Why don't we ever try anything new from corners like drilling it low or playing it to the edge of the box?

H4usuallysitting

At least on some of our we beat the first man, which is an improvement on the last couple of seasons - but, yep, you're correct, our set pieces are generally non existent..... A bit like us defending them

HatterDon

Quote from: Toby Ward-Smith on December 29, 2015, 12:26:55 AM
I know we are poor defensively at keeping out set pieces but we are also horrific at scoring them ourselves. We have such height and aerial threat in our squad with the likes of Burn, Smith and Stearman yet we haven't scored a goal from a corner or freekick (not including McCormack's strikes) since last season. Set pieces our such a big part of the game now especially in the Championship and we waste our set pieces so much and if we can't keep them out then we have to take our chances and we currently our not. Why don't we ever try anything new from corners like drilling it low or playing it to the edge of the box?

which goes a long way to explaining why Gray has chopped and changed corner takers since he's been care taking. Our problems aren't peculiar to us or to the Championship, though. Most of the Premier League clubs have absolutely terrible executors of dead ball situations.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel