watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Time gentleman please

Started by bobby01, December 29, 2015, 09:13:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby01

After a couple of the depressing years, where we have seen the fans on this forum and the club get more and more aggravated with each other. I suggest we give our new man the rest of the season to mould his team and his style of play, it won,t happen overnight. We have no transfer window, no realistic chance of going up, and if we did with this team I think we would be straight back down. A heartfelt please for some unity for the rest of the season especially on here, we will have different opinions but let us give the man a chance to mould the team in his ideas. I personally am delighted by the appointment as I think he was the stand out candidate.
:Happy New Year:
Let's look to a brighter tomorrow.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

PokerMatt

Agreed.

I declared in the next manager thread I'd give him until the end of next season before I criticise too harshly if things are going wrong. That's because this season's a write-off now, he won't have the January window and then it's his first full season.

I'm more than happy with the appointment and it's about time we gave someone a fair crack. His track record shows he's a bit of a mover, but I hope we can convince him to build a project here.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Chutney

The issue is, we need immediate results to avoid relegation, if he doesn't keep us up it wouldn't be his fault but many would see it that way.
C O Y W

nose

i think we are nearly all agreed (I haven't read every thread or spoken to all) that we have got the right man. if it goes wrong then it will not be for the want of getting the right person. However for me, I am now looking up; but realistically next season although I could handle a late surge into the playoffs and a last gasp winner in injury time at Wembly.

all managers a re gamble, this is the right one.

Andy S

I don't think anybody says "I'll give him 10 games and then I'll up the anti" It is how people feel at any one time. IE not just a defeat but the manner of the defeat. I think most of us would be willing to give our new head coach until the end of the season but we would like to see a lot of improvement before then, that will make us a favourite for next season

Blanco

Quote from: Chutney on December 29, 2015, 09:30:05 AM
The issue is, we need immediate results to avoid relegation, if he doesn't keep us up it wouldn't be his fault but many would see it that way.

We aren't going to be relegated. If we were relegated then of course he would be to blame. Partially atleast. We are half way through the season. He has plenty of time to gain enough points to be safe. But, as I said we're too good to get relegated. Now we have a good manager to guide us we'll be fine.

Lighthouse

Well in the spirit of the thread.

Bar Humbug.

There is nothing wrong with the new manager. But I fear that the club is being run by incompetents. It is very hard each season to see promise taken away and then we have to start again. There is a limit how many 'next seasons' we can pretend will be better.

Still this season has been destroyed already. Nothing good will happen except hoping to keep hold of our better players. Time is well and truly up.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RaySmith

I'll be a Pangloss, and say that I'm now looking up the table, though mindful that relegation is a real threat- 'too good to go down', now where did I hear that before?

Results might be slow to improve, but hopefully they will, and harmony will break out on FoF again. 049:gif