watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is it time for a complete clear out??

Started by davew, December 29, 2015, 07:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Whilst I welcome the appointment of yet another manager, we are still left with the same management who have proved they have no idea and a squad of players who for what ever reason cannot compete with other teams in the Championship. Whatever some people think and keep saying which is with our squad of players we should be challenging for a play off position, on what basis do they make this assumption? Personally I would get rid of 3/4 of our squad and start again even if we have to sign 18 "unknown" players on loan. The result tonight will not change my feelings towards the club and having seen the team selection, well I can't post what I really would like to say, except it is a joke isn't it?   
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Peabody

Let's face it, there's nothing about Fulham you like, is there?

davew

Quote from: Peabody on December 29, 2015, 07:33:11 PM
Not at the moment correct, before that I did for nearly 60 years!!! Maybe next season some progress will be made, this year is a complete write off!!

kempkong

This is the team that appointed 8 new players in the summer all of whom were their previous clubs player or the year or held similar statuses. All this club needs now is the right management and the players will get back to their best. I'm not saying we are top 2 material but I believe now we have jok we will be pushing for the play off places come April/may.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oakeshott

If the new head coach is as good as his reputation suggests, with better organisation, motivation and coaching I think we will find many of the current squad can perform much better than they have shown this season. Personally I think we have a very decent squad, though if a way can be found of getting Husband back on loan it would be even better.

Peabody

Quote from: davew on December 29, 2015, 07:36:16 PM
Not at the moment correct, before that I did for nearly 60 years!!! Maybe next season some progress will be made, this year is a complete write off!!

Well 2016 will be my 70th year and even during the Clay and Bulstrade years, I never gave up on Fulham

davew

Quote from: Peabody on December 29, 2015, 07:46:16 PM

Well 2016 will be my 70th year and even during the Clay and Bulstrade years, I never gave up on Fulham

I haven't given up, just the sheer frustration showing, sorry!!

Fulham1959

Quote from: davew on December 29, 2015, 07:23:08 PM
Whilst I welcome the appointment of yet another manager, we are still left with the same management who have proved they have no idea and a squad of players who for what ever reason cannot compete with other teams in the Championship. Whatever some people think and keep saying which is with our squad of players we should be challenging for a play off position, on what basis do they make this assumption? Personally I would get rid of 3/4 of our squad and start again even if we have to sign 18 "unknown" players on loan. The result tonight will not change my feelings towards the club and having seen the team selection, well I can't post what I really would like to say, except it is a joke isn't it?   

The joke's on you.

Logicalman

Quote from: davew on December 29, 2015, 08:01:38 PM

No apology needed mate. We all feel deflated about what's been happening at the club, and some harbour it closer than others.

Apart from the fact this IS Fulham FC we are talking about, I also feel that unless the players and staff do manage to turn things around, they can all sod off as well, and lets get players and staff in who are both good enough and have the love of the club, to get us back up again.

That may sound harsh, but like you two (to a lesser degree  though, just 50+ years under my belt), I have stood with this club all my footie life, from good to bad and back again (and back again!!) and I will never waver my support for our great club, but the players, staff and custodians need to earn our respect, only the club itself can demand it.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

love4ffc

Quote from: Logicalman on December 29, 2015, 10:31:16 PM
Quote from: davew on December 29, 2015, 08:01:38 PM

No apology needed mate. We all feel deflated about what's been happening at the club, and some harbour it closer than others.

Apart from the fact this IS Fulham FC we are talking about, I also feel that unless the players and staff do manage to turn things around, they can all sod off as well, and lets get players and staff in who are both good enough and have the love of the club, to get us back up again.

That may sound harsh, but like you two (to a lesser degree  though, just 50+ years under my belt), I have stood with this club all my footie life, from good to bad and back again (and back again!!) and I will never waver my support for our great club, but the players, staff and custodians need to earn our respect, only the club itself can demand it.

Though I have no where near all of the years of you all this says it all for me.  Great post! 

:54: 049:gif :54:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Slaphead in Qatar

We have a perfectly capable squad. All we need is a good manager/ head coach which hopefully Slavs will prove to be.

Twig

I'm another long term supporter of 50+ years and have seen the good and bad times in roughly equal measure.  I don't subscribe to those who express the view that this is as bad as it has ever been but I do understand why many supporters have been feeling pretty negative of late (I was one of them).  However, Joka was always my number one choice and I am massively excited about his appointment and that of his coaching team, whether by accident or design we took our time and got the best man possible.

Why do I say all this? Because I believe that in answer to your OP, no we will not need a massive clear out now that we have such a class coaching staff.  We will need one or two changes to adapt to the new managers's style but I think you will see just what many of these players can achieve in the coming months.

grandad

No need for a "clear out". A few positions need addressing. LB needs a permanent addition. Should they move in January or the end of the season, replacements will be needed for Hyndman, Dembele & McCormack.

I am sure Jokanovic will have players in mind but that will have to wait till the summer.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Wimbledon_White

Which specific players would you get rid of?

Three quarters of our squad? Which quarter would you keep?

Woolly Mammoth

There is no need for a clear out.
We had it under Felix Magath, and last season.
We have some good prospects coming through the Ranks, and in my opinion the players brought to the club last Summer in general were good additions.
Last night showed what we are capable of, which has occurred in other matches this season, be it only a handful. Of course we are not the finished article, but I believe the foundations are already there, it just needs a little surgery and good leaders on and off the pitch.  
Last nights victory should at least put the good feel factor back into the dressing room, let alone the club, plus that very important word Confidence.
If Jokanovic is as good as a lot of posters say he is, and our squad is as good as I think it is, although I appreciate there is room for improvement and additions that the new manager may have already identified.
Without  raising expectations too much too quickly, we could have an interesting second half of the season.  
But I feel there is definitely no need of a clear out of any kind.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

2 goalkeepers, Fredericks, Ohara, Cairney, Woodrow and of course Ross.

MikeW

Irrespective of opinions on discarding players, were we to let a few go doesn't the FP ruling stopping us doing anything - signings of any sort or even loans?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

JackyFulham90

Players who should go in summer are

Stekelenburg
Voser
Bodurov
Mitroglou

Although if contracts are not agreed Hyndman & Dembele will join them in leaving as I think will Dan Burn.

This January the only players I can see going are Dembele & maybe Dan Burn will be very surprised if we allow Ross to go

MJG

Quote from: MikeW on December 30, 2015, 08:56:41 AM
Irrespective of opinions on discarding players, were we to let a few go doesn't the FP ruling stopping us doing anything - signings of any sort or even loans?
there are restrictions but it possible to loan players.
The club kept a large squad so that this Jan they could sell and still have numbers in place,  but it may also bring in a little income.
It's time Voser and Bodurov moved on at the very least.