watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thank you to the club for the tribute to Jimmy

Started by dannyboi-ffc, December 30, 2015, 08:09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

Just want to say thank you to Mr Khan, the staff responsible for putting the tribute together and my fellow supporters.  Obviously the club received hundreds of emails asking for a special tribute for a special person. From the mini video showing clips of Jimmy's career with us to the mascots wearing his number to the flowers spelling Jimmy to Diddy Hamilton reading the tribute. We even experienced other special moments like a win which was fitting for the occasion, all the tributes from big Fulham characters in the programme including one from our Chairman and the unexpected standing ovation in the 87th minute for a true legend. We sing 'stand up if you love fulham' all the time and every time without fail half the ground can't be arsed to get up including myself sometimes lol but on this occasion everyone did. And it was a special moment I will never forget.

Mr Woodcock,  you replied saying you received both my open letter to the club and my email but said you would reply after you'd had time to digest it. I appreciate it was the festive period and I didn't expect an immediate response but actions speak louder than words. And the club acted in the best possible way. My respect for our owner has risen ten fold because of the respect shown to Jimmy and as that has coincided with the appointment of such a top manager, I am now very much optimistic and happy for the future of our great club.

Thank you  049:gif
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

west kowloon white

Well done you.
Also felt the way the applause started long before the standard"ref's whistle"made
it feel more genuine and spontaneous .
Full marks Hammy end.

Supermitch

We all criticise the club enough and often rightly so.  The way though in which we carry out such events as last night shows why we are such a special club.  Without being "over the top" they are very dignified and provide a fitting tribute.

Well done to all concerned.

cmg

Yes. 'Well Done' to all concerned.

Especially to Danny. I am sure his excellent OP was, at least partly, instrumental in getting things done in the proper Fulham manner.

mikestrand

Dan I believe your open letter so eloquently worded made a big difference last night, well done to the club and well done to you. ya ol grandad would be proud mate.

bobbo

Yeah well done Danny you put words together so well for a young'n .
Like so many others on here I watched Jimmy play so many times for us I have to admit I welled up just a bit last night he was certainly so much of an asset to the club after he packed up playing.

RIP JIMMY.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

gezkc

Pleased to hear the club put on a fitting tribute to Jimmy. Well done Danny - shows they do listen to us when it counts.

One James stannard

If anyone from the club reads this message forum and I've a feeling they do, then please pass my appreciation on to whoever was involved in last nights tribute to the great Jimmy Hill.

I throughly enjoyed myself last night at the cottage and I haven't been able to say that for a very long time.

filham

A good night for Jimmy at the Cottage, you must be pleased Danny, a good result.
The programme was very impressive.

Cottage Industry

Thank you Danny. I was a great fan of Jimmy and watched him on many occasions. A very fitting tribute by the club and a huge THANK YOU TO YOU AND THE CLUB FOR ACKNOWLEDGING HIS WORTH. Many of us have little knowledge of the inner workings of the club but occasions like this warms the cockles of your heart. Well done Mr Khan and the Board for a very fitting memory. R.I.P. Jimmy.

HV71

Thank you so much for all you did Danny. I was so fortunate to have spent time with the great man. My wife, used to have very friendly sparring matches with Jimmy - lively little discussions about Fulham' s policy of only allowing women into the Boardroom after the final whistle. She was at the game last night and was in tears , both during the official tribute and when everyone stood up and clapped in the 87th minute.  I also blubber a bit as well .He was truly loved - a normal chap , who did extraordinary things -and achieved so much in the game and for the game

Thank you FFC and thank you Danny for so eloquently making the point

bog

Well said and done Danny.   065.gif  049:gif

092.gif

Burt

dannyboi-ffc

Thanks for all the kind responses but I honestly haven't done anything. It's the club that deserves all the praise because I had no say, I only suggested what they should do and most of my suggestions to Mr Woodcock were part of the tribute. But lots of fans emailed the club, it wasn't just me.

I'm just pleased the club pulled it off in true Fulham style. Giving Jimmy the send off he deserved was all that mattered to me.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

win-dup

A fitting tribute to probably the most important man in our history.

NogoodBoyo

Not much more to say other than well done that club.  Hill was certainly one of the biggest influences on British football.  Very fitting that he should have been so well remembered by the club.
Nogood "loss of a legend, isit" Boyo

Kent Cassandra

Thanks to Dan and everyone at the football club, it brought tears to the eyes of us crumbly's who remember his playing days with us. 
Wish he was playing on Saturday, I can remember him getting a hat trick against Sheffield Wednesday.
Do you think a more lasting tribute is on the cards Dan?
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Kent Cassandra on December 31, 2015, 12:20:46 PM
Thanks to Dan and everyone at the football club, it brought tears to the eyes of us crumbly's who remember his playing days with us.  
Wish he was playing on Saturday, I can remember him getting a hat trick against Sheffield Wednesday.
Do you think a more lasting tribute is on the cards Dan?

Again mate I must point out I haven't done anything other than give fellow members the opportunity to join me in my open letter. I did send an email to Mr Woodcock explaining how important the tribute was and about 8 suggestions, such as the Jimmy flowers, I said players should come out with a top over the kit with his name and number but they had mascots do it, the mini video of clips which was suggested to me by Master Haynes,  Diddy coming back which I was very insistent on. But the club only told me they received my email and open letter, they said they needed time to digest it and would reply properly at a later date. Then it was xmas and I didn't chase it up.

So I'm guessing it's just coincidence that what I asked for actually happened because the club also had a brilliant tribute in the programme from loads of former greats so the club deserve 100% praise for this.  

But I agree it was very emotional and it made me feel so happy and honoured to be a supporter of such a special club. At times I feel we have seen signs of losing that but hopefully now Khan understands and we can move forward as a franchise he desires but also in the true fulham spirit.

As for a long term suggestion, I suggested in that same email that the hammy end should be renamed the Jimmy Hill End or for a similar recognition of his work. But like I said the club haven't actually responded yet. It's been Xmas and now I believe Mr Woodcock is out of his office until the new year so hopefully I do hear back and when I do I will let you know.

If I'm going with gut instincts I would say nothing will be done sadly. But I hope I'm wrong. We also have Cohen to think about as it's the 50th anniversary of the world cup win next season and West Ham really milk it so, so should we. We are running out of stands if we give them both one. I would suggest one gets a statue and the other a stand. That way Haynes is still recognised as the greatest even though Jimmy and George aren't far behind.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]