more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Emerson Hyndman

Started by Domino1879, December 30, 2015, 09:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: filham on December 30, 2015, 10:46:06 AM
Hyndman is looking very good and should be in the team on a regular basis.

However , it gives the Head Coach a problem as Cairney is also very good in the playmaker role, it is clearly his best position.

Playing Cairney wide is a waste of his talent and weakens the team.
Cairney next to tunni worked well against reading, and would be the way forwards for me
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Whitesideup

I thought Hyndman had a very good game against Derby as well, substituted only to try to get Cairney to do something further up the pitch. ; I don't recall him ever playing badly. When he first played along with LVC, I thought then he was a great prospect and at that time looked the stronger of the two. I hope the wish to leave is because of a lack of pitch time, which could be resolved. I think he is the real deal, and will be very disappointed to see him go.

RPhillips

Quote from: Domino1879 on December 30, 2015, 10:36:52 AM
Quote from: MJG on December 30, 2015, 10:01:20 AM
Quote from: Domino1879 on December 30, 2015, 09:48:35 AM
Quote from: MJG on December 30, 2015, 09:32:28 AM
Quote from: Snibbo on December 30, 2015, 09:24:23 AM
Not sure you can blame Symons. Klinsmann has been in Hyndman's ear for ages apparently, telling him to move on. Kit's logic would have been to play players who wanted to be with the club, which is understandable. Kit also had O'Hara playing well every week, which left less room or need for Hyndman. Be interesting to see how Jokanovic handles it. Be great if he can persuade him to stay.
Exactly what has happened. I personally think he's a lost cause contract wise,  but let's see if the new man can persuade both him and Dembele for one more exciting year.

I think Dembele has gone. Doubt we shall see him in a Fulham shirt again. Hyndman however didn't give the performance of someone looking to leave.
and neither has dembele. But its noticeable for some he has become a cause for our problems.
He's off form at the moment and injured as well, but I still think people don't take his age into account.

Didn't mean to imply that Dembele was not putting effort in, although recent games he's been a little lacklustre, or maybe just off form/injured. Each to their own opinion.
I also agree that Hyndman has been vocal in his criticism, maybe borne out of frustration, but still ill advised.
You could argue that Hyndman wants to put himself in the shop window, but even so I for one was pleased with his performance. I just hope we can get him to stay.
Game time and new manager may well help.
Nope, ain't gonna happen -- Hyndman's gone. Klinsmann, as was the case with Dempsey, has made it clear to Hyndman (and Hyndman's family) that his progression with the U.S. MNT would be 'adversely affected' were he to remain with FFC. 

Arthur

Quote from: RPhillips on December 30, 2015, 11:28:02 AM
Nope, ain't gonna happen -- Hyndman's gone. Klinsmann, as was the case with Dempsey, has made it clear to Hyndman (and Hyndman's family) that his progression with the U.S. MNT would be 'adversely affected' were he to remain with FFC.  

You may be right, but I shall cling to the hope that it's not a lost cause.

First, if Klinsmann did advise Dempsey as you say, hindsight proves what poor advice it turned out to be. Far from helping Dempsey's career, it merely hastened the end of his time as a PL player. Emerson is, of course, somewhat younger than Clint, but I would hope he would consider the potential disadvantages of swapping a regular place in our starting XI (if that's what it becomes) for a squad number elsewhere - however prestigious that other club may be.

Secondly, if Hyndmann does opt to stay with us on the basis that he is an integral part of Jokanovic's plans, I doubt that Klinsmann can afford to ignore him. To do so would certainly be a case of 'cutting off one's nose to spite one's face'.

There may, moreover, have been a context to Klinsmann urging Emerson to leave: he may have felt that neither Magath nor Symons had the right footballing ethos to best help the youngster's development; Klinsmann may have a different opinion of Jokanovic's likely impact and be happy to see Hyndmann continue to progress with us.

TheManOnTheBus

Quote from: MJG on December 30, 2015, 10:32:35 AM
http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2015/10/10/emerson-hyndman-says-he-wishes-to-leave-fulham-amid-contract-standoff/

I love the circularity here:

1. Kit doesn't play EH because EH wants to leave.
2. EH wants to leave because Kit didn't play him.

Hopefully Joka can persuade him to stay.

HatterDon

Quote from: TheManOnTheBus on December 30, 2015, 01:02:57 PM
Quote from: MJG on December 30, 2015, 10:32:35 AM
http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2015/10/10/emerson-hyndman-says-he-wishes-to-leave-fulham-amid-contract-standoff/

I love the circularity here:

1. Kit doesn't play EH because EH wants to leave.
2. EH wants to leave because Kit didn't play him.

Hopefully Joka can persuade him to stay.

eminently sensible post. Hyndman's performance in the recent World Cup was a huge boost to his career. NOT even getting on the bench the season following erased that boost. I don't think he wants to leave Fulham; I think he wants first team action. If he isn't in our plans for the future, we should ship him in January. If he IS, he just needs to play. Right now, whatever is happening behind the scenes is hurting his game and his future.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Bill2

People say game time will make these young players change their minds, well it hasn't worked for Moussa, not sure it will for Hyndman.

What they need to realise is that if they move to more successful clubs they will get less game time so any international hopes will fade, I can't see Moussa replacing Lukaka at Everton and end up like Pat Roberts getting less game time than he did at Fulham at the bigger club. The best they can hope for is moving to a Club the size of Fulham in Europe where they just might get some European football.

HatterDon

Quote from: Bill2 on December 30, 2015, 03:52:04 PM
People say game time will make these young players change their minds, well it hasn't worked for Moussa, not sure it will for Hyndman.

What they need to realise is that if they move to more successful clubs they will get less game time so any international hopes will fade, I can't see Moussa replacing Lukaka at Everton and end up like Pat Roberts getting less game time than he did at Fulham at the bigger club. The best they can hope for is moving to a Club the size of Fulham in Europe where they just might get some European football.

Just for clarification, Klinnsman was pushing for Hyndman to go to a club where he could play more -- Holland and Germany were two leagues that were mentioned. I don't think it had anything to do with going to a big club -- the exact opposite really.

Chutney

He was offered a contract, he didn't sign it. Exactly the same situation as Dembele, we need to sell them or risk losing them for tiny compensation packages.
C O Y W

One Martin Thomas

Dembele is in the public eye; he's playing, scoring goals and doing well.  Every big club appear to be interested in him.  Hyndman is no one at the moment.  Who would want a player that has only just started to get into a struggling Fulham side ?!

Play him and his advisers / Jurgen may convince him to give Fulham another 12 months.

One Martin Thomas

One Martin Thomas

...apologies MJG !!!!  Same link.

Nero

n the link MJG posted it says.

Hyndman blames the lack of action as the main reason why he wants to depart, telling American Soccer Now's Brian Sciaretta that he would like to move on.

So he doesn't want to sign a contract due to lack of playing time so what did Kit do not play him, tell me if I'm being stupid if he was played surely there was more chance of him signing a contract knowing he was playing or getting the fee up if he was to leave

fulhamben

Quote from: Nero on December 30, 2015, 10:04:04 PM

Hyndman blames the lack of action as the main reason why he wants to depart, telling American Soccer Now's Brian Sciaretta that he would like to move on.

So he doesn't want to sign a contract due to lack of playing time so what did Kit do not play him, tell me if I'm being stupid if he was played surely there was more chance of him signing a contract knowing he was playing or getting the fee up if he was to leave
if every team losts it's players that wanted to leave if they didn't get first team football then every squad would consist of just 11 players. Time will tell if hyndman is talking b@#@#;  because if he goes to a higher standard league then he will be bench boy at best. More to this than lack of game time for a kid if you ask me
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

HatterDon

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on December 30, 2015, 09:56:14 PM
Dembele is in the public eye; he's playing, scoring goals and doing well.  Every big club appear to be interested in him.  Hyndman is no one at the moment.  Who would want a player that has only just started to get into a struggling Fulham side ?!

Play him and his advisers / Jurgen may convince him to give Fulham another 12 months.

My hope is that JK will have nothing to do with USA football ... SOON!

Riverside

If they are good enough and put in effort on the pitch I would play anyone in the squad whatever the contract status

Hyndman Tuesday was both of these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheManOnTheBus

And Bryan last season - clearly wanted out but didn't stop putting effort in.

cmg

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/december/31/hyndman-great-feeling

Pretty formulaic PR stuff but interesting nonetheless. He didn't have to say anything.

These people are professionals and generally they behave pretty professionally. Hyndman knows that the best way of securing a decent away deal (if that's what he wants) is to impress on the field.

westcliff white

Quote from: Nero on December 30, 2015, 10:04:04 PM

He also said ... "It's a little difficult right now," he said. "I've told them in the past that I think it's time for me to move on. There are clubs out there that are interested and that I am excited about, so it's difficult for me right now, and I can't see myself getting too many first-team minutes.

That indicates to me he remarked about the minutes after he was aware of other teams interest. So maybe just saying the minutes is why he isn't signing doesn't give the whole picture, at least that's what I am hoping
Every day is a Fulham day

Woolly Mammoth

Emerson is an emerging talent, that will flourish, if nurtured properly, but he needs game time like everyone else.
Nevertheless, if he can hold a place down, it will be good for him and good for Fulham FC.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.