watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Emerson Hyndman

Started by Domino1879, December 30, 2015, 09:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SG

What pees me off with the two young lads is that FFC have nurtured and developed them and the club would not stand in their way if a good offer came along from a big club as with Roberts and Smalling regardless of their contractual status. Thus they could still sign a new contract enabling the club to obtain a decent fee, and a reimbursement of our development costs and still be free to move when that offer is made. Is that too much to ask?

west kowloon white

Totally agree with that SG- would be morally and the decent thing to do- say's a lot about the person or his agent.

HatterDon

Quote from: west kowloon white on December 31, 2015, 04:07:21 PM
Totally agree with that SG- would be morally and the decent thing to do- say's a lot about the person or his agent.

Well, perhaps, but would you extend a contract for a club that showed little interest in your development and didn't play you -- when you were so obviously needed?

And, if so, why on earth would you? I don't think it's moral or decent to continue to live in that kind of environment; I think it's self-defeating and silly.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

PokerMatt

It's not like he's an established player suddenly not playing. He's very young and not the finished article so why would he assume he should be a regular starter. Certainly he wouldn't be at a premier league team.

Little interest in his development is clearly not true because he's come through the youth ranks to the first team squad. You could say the same about cauley who has had very limited opportunities but extended.

It's chicken and egg - did the club not play him because he didn't want a new deal or did he not want a new deal because the club didn't play him?
Follow me: @mattdjourno

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Having watched Emerson against Rotherham
He played very well & put in a shift
He seems though to be a bit of "a lost soul" to quote Bruce Hornsby
After we scored our second he walked back down his side of the pitch on his own, also @ half time & full time I think
What I would like to see is not just Joka showing an interest & trying to play & persuade him but also his team mates - show him some tlc lads!
Involve him, make him feel a part of FFC & draw him in
When Fredericks made a deep run into the Rotherham box 2nd half thereby making our right defense exposed Scottie made a diagonal run back to cover & clear what would have been Fredericks responsibility
Fredericks to his credit went over & high fived / slapped Scotties hand in appreciation
I haven't seen this sort of mutual support, respect & appreciation in ages & long may it continue
So guys welcome Emerson into the fold, tell him he is wanted & a vital part of the team going forward
who knows, even Emerson & Moussa may change their minds!

cmg

I have been an admirer of Hyndman ever since he established himself in the u18s. In a team chock-full of young talent he soon became the obvious creative force in one of the best young teams in the country.
The ability to visualize and then execute a telling pass is a rare and valuable talent. Hyndman soon showed he had this talent even at a young age. At the time only the now departed Ruiz and David possessed similar skills.
Hyndman was very small (similar to Roberts in stature) but soon put on a growth spurt and is now of reasonable physique.

Despite my admiration, I do not feel he has been unfairly treated. When given an opportunity, perhaps too soon, he failed to make an impression. I, personally, was unimpressed with his u21 WC performances, he was, perhaps, overburdened with the captaincy. O'Hara's early form this season meant that Hyndman was unable to force his way into the side, irrespective of his future intentions.

The pattern of a young player's development is rarely a regular progression. Emmo seems to have rediscovered his top form (or near to) and has taken his recent opportunity well. To me his attitude has seemed pretty professional. OK his head has been turned and he currently sees his future elsewhere, although there seems to me to have been, in Hyndman's case, a shortage even of the vague rumours of other teams' interest that have arisen in connection with Dembele. Maybe the new situation can turn his head back again. Even a short extension would be, for us, as good a signing as we could expect even without a transfer embargo. 

WolverineFFC

Quote from: HatterDon on December 31, 2015, 06:33:27 PM
Quote from: west kowloon white on December 31, 2015, 04:07:21 PM

Well, perhaps, but would you extend a contract for a club that showed little interest in your development and didn't play you -- when you were so obviously needed?

And, if so, why on earth would you? I don't think it's moral or decent to continue to live in that kind of environment; I think it's self-defeating and silly.

I have read all the quotes in this thread and have yet to see a mention of the fact that EH's grandfather is a professional football manager. I imagine he looks at the clown car show that is FFC's 1st team football for the past 3 seasons and advises EH to get out. Especially considering how his recent professional development has been approached by the club.

Maybe a new manager can change that perspective. I hope so, because EH is the kind of player the club should be developing and playing if they intend to get back up to stay.

HatterDon

Quote from: PokerMatt on December 31, 2015, 07:16:05 PM
It's not like he's an established player suddenly not playing. He's very young and not the finished article so why would he assume he should be a regular starter. Certainly he wouldn't be at a premier league team.

Little interest in his development is clearly not true because he's come through the youth ranks to the first team squad. You could say the same about cauley who has had very limited opportunities but extended.

It's chicken and egg - did the club not play him because he didn't want a new deal or did he not want a new deal because the club didn't play him?

didn't say "regular starter" I said "not even making the bench"
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

PokerMatt

Quote from: HatterDon on December 31, 2015, 10:13:53 PM
Quote from: PokerMatt on December 31, 2015, 07:16:05 PM

didn't say "regular starter" I said "not even making the bench"
I was responding to 'your team doesn't play you'. And on the assumption that what JK told him was that he needed to be a regular starter to progress internationally.

I tend to agree with those saying if you sign a deal and if you're deemed good enough then clubs will pay good money for you. Roberts, smalling, chamberlain, etc etc. Rather than jumping ship, development is best served at the club that has developed you to this point.

By moussa and Emerson refusing to sign I'm reading that maybe they think clubs won't pay for them and only want them on a next-to-free, in which case just knuckle down and prove your value on the pitch. Certainly in dembele's case, who has seen more game time.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

kiwian

Hyndman summed up his ability with that jinking around a couple of players near the touchline and then moving infield to the applause of the crowd, simply sublime.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?