more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (31/12/15)...

Started by WhiteJC, December 31, 2015, 08:11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Slavisa Jokanovic's pre-match role revealed after rare Fulham win

Slavisa Jokanovic (Photo by Ian Walton/Getty Images)

Stuart Gray believes Slavisa Jokanovic's experience of the Sky Bet Championship will be crucial if Fulham are to avoid another relegation battle this season following their 4-1 victory over Rotherham at Craven Cottage.

Jokanovic steered Watford to promotion last season before leaving for Israeli side Maccabi Tel Aviv, who he departed on Sunday following a six-month stint in order return to England.

The 47-year-old met the players prior to kick-off before watching the game from the stands, as interim head coach Gray took charge for the final time and secured the club's first victory in 10 matches.

"He met the players an hour before kick-off and he came and introduced himself and I got two minutes with him and we'll sit down tomorrow and have a chat as well," Gray said. "I'm sure with any new manager in the stand people are always going to say it has an effect.

You cannot fault the players' application and commitment they've put in. We've just been a little bit lucky in front of goal and tonight we got that luck.

"I'm looking forward to working with him and I'll learn off him and hopefully he'll learn off me.

He got Watford promoted so he knows about the Championship and obviously I'll pass on my knowledge and experience of the Championship as well.

"You can get a little bit lacking in confidence but I never doubted these players.

"We know we've got goals in us but now we've got to start keeping clean sheets. If we start keeping clean sheets then we'll rocket up this league."

Cauley Woodrow netted his first goal in four months after six minutes before Farrend Rawson drew Rotherham level. Woodrow, making his first league start of the season, then put Fulham back ahead just before half-time and turned provider for Alexander Kacaniklic 14 minutes after the break.

McCormack completed the scoring for the hosts in the 69th minute with his 15th goal of the season.

Read more at: http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/fulham/slavisa_jokanovic_s_pre_match_role_revealed_after_rare_fulham_win_1_4362484
Copyright © LONDON24

WhiteJC

Woodrow takes his chance
by DAN on DECEMBER 30, 2015

As football fans, the idea that playing the game for a living can be frustrating strikes us as somewhat perverse. But footballers who find themselves regularly on the bench – or worse, out of the squad altogether – must find kicking their heels on a Saturday afternoon pretty tough. Consider the case this season of Cauley Woodrow. Lauded as a real prospect almost as soon as Fulham parted with a six-figure sum of money to Hitake him from Luton Town to our academy as a sixteen year-old in 2011, impressive when handed a surprise chance in the first-team as Fulham fought against relegation in 2014 and showing signs of pedigree last season, he suddenly found himself behind Moussa Dembele in the pecking order having signed a new contract in the summer.

Woodrow, who turned 21 earlier this month, has a touch of Teddy Sheringham about him. Someone who is eager to get on the ball – and has a keen eye for a pass – might appear worryingly similar to the talismanic Ross McCormack, who he partnered to great effect up front last night, but Woodrow's lack of height in relative comparison to Matt Smith counts against him in such a physical league. He has been criticised for a lack of composure in front of goal – something he put to rest with two fine poacher's finishes against Rotherham – and his history of crucial goals in a short Fulham career rather belies that impression.

The quality of Woodrow's display last night leaves Slavisa Jokanovic with a potentially tricky selection dilemma when he picks his first side for the clash with Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday if Dembele manages to recover from the slight hamstring twinge that kept him out of contention last night. Woodrow's first league appearance of the season was electrifying. From the first minute, he was chasing last causes and hassling the Rotherham defence – and his desire was typified by in which he pounced on a half chance, when McCormack dummied a Scott Parker header and rounded the goalkeeper to put the Whites ahead after six minutes.

His second goal was even better – arriving at a crucial time just a minute before the break after Rotherham had hauled themselves back into the contest and threatened to expose Fulham's defensive vulnerabilities. Sharp movement saw him steal a yard on Kirk Broadfoot and a clever guided finish converted a delicious McCormack cross. Nor was there any sign of him easing off into the second half. He run the channels with eagerness, exemplified by the way he surged onto a McCormack pass to burst down the right and send over a dangerous cross that found Alex Kacaniklic for the vital third goal. He might have a hat-trick – but the beaming manner in which Woodrow conducted his post-match interviews showed just what a fine night he'd enjoyed.

A popular man amongst the squad, Woodrow has buckled down and trained hard during his spell out of the side – something stressed by a few Fulham players on social media after last night's performance – and seized his opportunity. Some questioned the logic behind offering him such a long-term deal in the summer, but writing off a talented performer at the age of 21 is senseless and Woodrow has offered a timely reminder of what he can do at this level.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2015/12/woodrow-takes-his-chance/?

WhiteJC

Woodrow: Massive Result

The 2015/16 season has been a frustrating one for Cauley Woodrow, so he was understandably delighted to play a starring role in Fulham's 4-1 win over Rotherham United on Tuesday.

The 21-year-old, making his first league start of the campaign, scored two tidy finishes either side of a Farrend Rawson equaliser for the Millers, before teeing up Alexander Kačaniklić for number three.

His strike partner Ross McCormack then blasted home a clinical fourth to earn Fulham a first victory in 10 games.

"The result is absolutely massive for us," Woodrow told the official website. "Obviously we really needed to get a win, so for us to do that like we did out there, everyone was absolutely buzzing in the changing room.

"We need to build on that and how we're feeling and continue to get more wins, which I think we can do."

Woodrow must enjoy playing against Rotherham, as he's now scored four goals in his three matches against them.

"It's nice for me to get two goals," he admitted. "I've waited a long time for my chance and was really glad to get it.

"To score having being given the shot is great for me, especially with the way that I took them."

With Moussa Dembélé having been the preferred option to partner McCormack up top, Woodrow has featured in the last three Under-21 games, scoring in the two most recent.

"I went and played two games for the 21s away at Colchester and Brighton and scored some goals," he said. "I played in those games to get fitness and it was very important for me to do that.

"For me to get rewarded for that and get to play in the First Team was nice and then to score, it was extra special for me personally."

There was a particularly interested spectator at the Cottage on Tuesday as Slaviša Jokanović watched on prior to officially taking charge of the team.

"He came into the dressing room [before kick-off] and introduced himself and we did the same to him," Woodrow said. "He told us to be solid and show commitment and hunger.

"He kept it short and wished us luck out there."

Fulham are back at the Cottage for the first game of the New Year when Sheffield Wednesday visit on Saturday.

The Owls currently sit nine points ahead of us in the Sky Bet Championship standings, but Woodrow insists his side will take plenty of momentum from their recent win.

"We're confident after the Rotherham match," he stated. "We need to get more wins and we have the chance to do that straight away against Sheffield Wednesday this Saturday.

"The following games are going to be huge for us, to kick on from this result and move forward."

Tickets for Saturday's game are available for supporters to buy on General Sale, priced from £25 adults and £15 juniors.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/december/30/woodrow-massive-result?

WhiteJC

Fulham striker Cauley Woodrow hopes to have given Slavisa Jokanovic food for thought after brace against Rotherham

The 21-year-old marked his first start of the season with two well-taken goals in front of new head coach

Hand up: Cauley Woodrow of Fulham celebrates

Cauley Woodrow hopes his two goals in Fulham's 4-1 win over Rotherham will give new head coach Slavisa Jokanovic food for thought.

The 21-year-old marked his first start of the season with a well-taken opener after rounding goalkeeper Lee Camp and then grabbed his second with a striker's finish as he latched onto Ross McCormack's cross.

With regular striker Moussa Dembele struggling with a hamstring injury, Woodrow was given an opportunity to shine and he took it with aplomb.

"It was nice for me and great for the team more importantly to get a win," he said.

"It was my first start in the league this season. I've been waiting for my opportunity and I'd like to think I've opened people's eyes and get a chance in upcoming games."

Best foot forward: Cauley Woodrow scores; Lee Camp looks on helpless

Jokanovic met the Fulham squad briefly before the game and will get to know the players ahead of Saturday's game with Sheffield Wednesday.

Woodrow added: "He came in the changing room before the game and introduced himself. He told us to enjoy the game, be solid and express ourselves.

"I'm looking forward to working with him and showing him what we can do."

Fulham are the Championship's leading goalscorers with 40 but have conceded 42; level with Rotherham and only marginally better than Bristol City (43).

Job done: Cauley Woodrow of Fulham celebrates his second goal

Conceding from set-pieces has been a major problem for Fulham this season and they have shipped 17 goals from dead balls already.

Woodrow knows this must be fixed for Fulham to climb the table in 2016 and he believes the Serb is the man to do that.

He explained: "I think we need to keep winning and stop conceding from set pieces which we've done this season and it's been our Achilles heel. We need to get as many wins as we can and get us up the table.

"It's why the club have brought him in. He's a big name and a big manager. Hopefully he can do well for the club and take us high up."

Fulham will unveil Jokanovic to the media this afternoon.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-striker-cauley-woodrow-hopes-10665359?

WhiteJC

Woodrow hopes to have left striking first impression

Cauley Woodrow was delighted to have scored a vital brace that set Fulham on their way to victory over Rotherham United – and hopes to have left a favourable first impression with the club's new head coach Slavisa Jokanovic who was amongst the Craven Cottage crowd last night.

The England under-21 international has had to wait for his opportunities during this campaign largely due to the impressive forward of French teenager Moussa Dembele. But, with Dembele ruled out as a precaution after complaining of a tight hamstring in training, Woodrow made his first league start of the season one to remember with two terrific finishes that put Fulham in control of the contest.

It was nice for me and great for the team more importantly to get a win. It was my first start in the league this season. I've been waiting for my opportunity and I'd like to think I've opened people's eyes and get a chance in upcoming games.

Woodrow admitted he was eager to start work under the new Serbian coach, who will be unveiled as Kit Symons' successor today having left Maccabi Tel Aviv on Sunday to take over at Craven Cottage.

He came in the changing room before the game and introduced himself. He told us to enjoy the game, be solid and express ourselves. I'm looking forward to working with him and showing him what we can do.

He's in doubt as to what the team needs to do to ensure they move away from the lower reaches of the Championship table.

I think we need to keep winning and stop conceding from set pieces which we've done this season and it's been our Achilles heel. We need to get as many wins as we can and get us up the table. It's why the club have brought him in. He's a big name and a big manager. Hopefully he can do well for the club and take us high up,

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2015/12/woodrow-hopes-to-left-striking-first-impression/?

WhiteJC

Sheffield Wednesday Tickets

Kick-off the New Year with us at Craven Cottage, as Fulham return to SW6 this Saturday to take on Sheffield Wednesday (2nd January, 3pm).

The Whites will be looking to pick up from where they left off on Tuesday evening, following our 4-1 victory over Rotherham United, and with new Head Coach Slaviša Jokanović set for his first game in charge, there's plenty of optimism as we go into 2016.

Tickets for the match are on sale now, priced from £25 adults and from £15 juniors. All prices increase by £5 on matchday, so secure your seat today to save.

A number of Matchday Hospitality packages are also available to purchase, and you can start the New Year in style from only £75pp (+VAT).

Supporters can buy online at fulhamfc.com/tickets, by phone on 0843 208 1234 (option 2), or in person from the Fulham Ticket Office.
See you at the Cottage for our first game of 2016!

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/december/30/sheffield-wednesday-tickets?

WhiteJC

Jokanovic calls on Fulham to 'push ourselves'

Slavisa Jokanovic told his first press conference as Fulham's new head coach this afternoon that he 'believes in myself, the club and the people' and called on his players to 'push ourselves' forward during his time in charge.

The Serbian coach was speaking after Tuesday night's win over Rotherham that gave Fulham a six-point cushion of safety away from the Championship drop zone and said he was delighted to be in charge at Craven Cottage.

I believe in myself. I believe in this club. I believe the people. Now we must push ourselves. I am here and ready for the challenge.  need to thank the owner [Shahid Khan] and those who fought hard to bring me here.

Jokanovic, whose appointment as Kit Symons' successor was confirmed on Sunday when he left Maccabi Tel Aviv, said he would be looking at getting loan players in during the January transfer window as Fulham are banned from making permanent signings due to breaching the Financial Fair Play regulations. The former Watford boss, who took the Hornets to the Premier League last season, resolutely refused to set targets for the remainder of the season.

The target is simple – the next game: Sheffield Wednesday. Bigger targets will become clear in the next few months. Our obligation is to improve ourselves. We'll make steps in the transfer window. I've been here 20 hours. I'll speak to people. We're going to try and find some loan players as we can't sign a new player.

The new head coach said he has held productive discussions already with Stuart Gray, who was in caretaker charge before his arrival, and hopes to work with the former Sheffield Wednesday manager as part of his coaching staff.

Stuart is a great man and a great manager. I need help from him and all the people around me. We've spoken a lot in the last day. We're both here in the interests of Fulham. I expect we'll cooperate better as time goes on.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2015/12/jokanovic-calls-on-fulham-to-push-ourselves/?

WhiteJC

Jimmy Hill: A Tribute

Take a look at a short video and the best images from the pre-game tribute held in honour of Jimmy Hill prior to Tuesday's win over Rotherham.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/december/30/jimmy-hill-tribute-video?

WhiteJC

Slavisa Jokanovic claims he was always Fulham's first choice as manager
• 'I believe I was the first choice,' says former Watford manager
• Fulham agree £367,500 compensation with Maccabi Tel Aviv

Slavisa Jokanovic earned promotion to the Premier League with Watford last season but left after talks over a new deal collapsed. Photograph: Tony O'Brien/Reuters

Slavisa Jokanovic said he has long been Fulham's first choice as the manager, despite it taking 49 days to bring him in as Kit Symons' successor.

The process of appointing a manager at the Championship club has been fraught with challenges, with Peter Grant and then Stuart Gray taking temporary charge.

Talks had taken place with Steve Clarke, formerly of Reading, and a number of other candidates, but Jokanovic is adamant Fulham had wanted him for several weeks and had been working with Maccabi Tel Aviv towards that target.

"It [wasn't] an especially short period, we are talking about a few weeks," Jokanovic said after Fulham agreed to pay Maccabi €500,000 (£367,500) in compensation.

"I believe I was the first choice for the club. I especially need to say 'thank you' to the owner of the club [Shahid Khan], who made many efforts, and who pushed hard from the beginning to bring me here.

"[It was] a long process, but fortunately right now I am here, ready for the challenge, and ready to help the club."

Jokanovic played for Chelsea from 2000 to 2002 and made his name in management at Watford, who he led to promotion to the Premier League, only to leave Vicarage Road after talks over a new deal collapsed.

The former Serbia international said he expects Gray, appointed the senior coach earlier in the month, to remain at the club, but will soon be joined by Javi Pereira, who like Alberto Escobar also worked with him at Watford and in Tel Aviv.

"Stuart is a great manager, we are talking together in the last days," he said. "I need help from him and from all the people around me. We are both here in the interests of Fulham. I believe we can work all together and make a quality job.

"I come here with Alberto Escobar, we arrived [on Tuesday], and my first assistant [Pereira] will arrive after the Sheffield Wednesday game [on Saturday].

"Watford is my past. They actually play very good football in the Premier League. I wish them all the best and when I have the time I follow them too. But generally I'm going to have less time, and concentrate on what it is in front of me."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/30/slavisa-jokanovic-fulham-manager?

WhiteJC

Fulham unveil former Watford boss Slavisa Jokanovic as their new manager
Slavisa Jokanovic takes over with Fulham 18th in the Championship
Jokanovic managed Watford to Premier League promotion last season
Fulham host Sheffield Wednesday at Craven Cottage on Saturday

Fulham is never going to be an area short of cash - but new manager Slavisa Jokanovic is hoping to return some lavisher days to SW6 after treading a path of gold during the past year.

The Serbian strolled into Fulham's Motspur Park training ground having just left behind Maccabi Tel-Aviv who he guided to the Champions League group stage. He took over the job in Israel after being discarded by Watford shortly after guiding them into the Barclays Premier League.

'I made a lot of money for my ex-clubs and I want to do something similar here,' Jokanovic said. 'It's been a successful year, I'm enjoying it so much. In football, coaches are always asking for time. It's great that in two days we're going to start being on the bench. I don't have much time.

Slavisa Jokanovic is unveiled at the Championship club's Motspur Park training ground on Wednesday

Fulham's Cauley Woodrow (centre) salutes the crowd after scoring against Rotherham on Tuesday night

The Serbian strolled into Fulham's Motspur Park training ground having just left behind Maccabi Tel-Aviv

'I expect I'm going to have to be strong with the team to win the points and the games. That's it. The year is over, next year is in front of me. I expect I can be more successful than I have been in the last year.'

Fulham is Jovanovic's sixth club in the past three years and he has lived in four countries, taking charge of sides in Thailand, Spain, Israel and now in his second spell in England.

It came as a surprise when he was not kept on at Watford after guiding them to the Premier League as runners-up in the Championship. 

Ross McCormack (right) gets himself on the scoresheet with Fulham's fourth on Tuesday at Craven Cottage

Jokanovic takes over the west London Championship club 18th in the table, six points clear of relegation

Jokanovic inherits a Fulham team who sit in 18th place in the Championship table (right)

He was unable to agree terms on a contract, with a huge gulf between what he felt he should be paid and what the Pozzo family were prepared to offer him.

But he holds no grudges, explaining: 'Watford is my past. They actually play very good football in the Premier League. I wish them all the best. When I have the time I'll follow them too.

'I need to concentrate on what is in front of me at Fulham. It's an important club with many supporters who want improvement.

'I am at Fulham. I am happy with my life. I am very excited because I am here and Fulham gave me the chance to work for this club.'

The Serbian signs autographs for Fulham fans having watched Fulham beat Rotherham on Tuesday night

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3379023/Fulham-unveil-former-Watford-boss-Slavisa-Jokanovic-new-manager.html#ixzz3vsx7YbWH
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WhiteJC

Jokanović: Exciting Times

In his first press conference as Head Coach, Slaviša Jokanović revealed his eagerness to join Shahid Khan's Fulham project.

The Serbian, having watched his new team defeat Rotherham United the night before, was officially unveiled before the media on Wednesday afternoon.

"I am very excited," he told the gathered reporters. "I believe it's a great chance for me, to have a chance working for a historical club like Fulham. I believe I'm going to have an exciting time in front of me.

"My job is very clear; people expect me to improve my team, try to push this team to fight for more important targets, and I am ready. I believe in myself, I believe in this Club, I believe in these people. Let's do it and push hard."

But when asked specifically what those targets were, Jokanović said that it's important to focus on the immediate future at the moment.

"The target is simple, it's the next game, Sheffield Wednesday [on Saturday]," he explained. "And after some days, some weeks, some months, it will be clearer what our targets are. I'm ready for what's in front of us.

"I understand how Fulham started this season in the summer, like 70 per cent of the Championship teams who want to be a promoted team.

"It's not time to forget this season and start thinking about next, it's definitely not, but we need to be thinking about short steps and Sheffield Wednesday, and after that game the FA Cup, and after that the next game that is in front of us."

After Kit Symons left the Club, Fulham went seven weeks before announcing the appointment of Jokanović, who was keen to thank Mr Khan and Mike Rigg, amongst others, for their efforts throughout what was a complex process at times.

"Fulham made the first contact with Maccabi and asked for permission to start talking with me," he stated. "It's not an especially short period, we are talking about a few weeks.

"I know I was the first choice for the Club. Especially I need to say thank you for the people at the Club who made many efforts to push hard from the beginning to bring me here.

"It was a little bit complicated, a long process, but fortunately now I am here ready for the challenge and ready to help Fulham."

Jokanović – who has agreed an 18-month deal – has been joined by analyst Alberto Escobar, and will soon welcome Javi Pereira to the Club as well.

"I came here with Alberto," he said. "We arrived yesterday and my first assistant [Pereira] will arrive next Saturday after our Sheffield Wednesday game."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/december/30/jokanovic-exciting-times?

WhiteJC

Welcome Slaviša Jokanović

Watch footage from Slaviša Jokanović's first press conference and first interview since being hired as First Team Head Coach.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/december/30/welcome-slavisa?

WhiteJC

Slavisa Jokanovic: I want to stay at Fulham for many years
SLAVISA JOKANOVIC could have been managing Watford in the Premier League.

SNAPPED UP: Slavisa Jokanovic

But he insisted he is not be crying over missing out after being unveiled as the new head coach of Fulham yesterday.

Ex-Chelsea midfielder Jokanovic, 47, led the Hornets to promotion last season but left Vicarage Road after contract talks broke down.

Instead he steered Maccabi Tel Aviv into the Champions League group stages.

Now the Serb succeeds Kit Symons at Craven Cottage, where he will work with Stuart Gray, whose spell as caretaker ended with Tuesday's 4-1 trouncing of Rotherham.

"Watford is my past," he said. "I enjoyed being with the club, but I won't start crying in my home.

"I wanted to work and I chose another place and took a team to the Champions League when they hadn't played there for more than a decade.

"Football exists around the world but the best football is actually here right now. That's why I've made this step."

He becomes the seventh manager in two years at Fulham but added: "I signed for a year and a half but I expect I can find stability and stay here many years."

With Fulham under a transfer embargo, he will target loans in January as he seeks to plug the second-leakiest defence in the Championship.

"We have quality offensive players but we have to find some kind of balance.

"We are a little bit confused. We have conceded 17 goals from set pieces but not scored any and that's enough for the staff to be scared."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/484387/Slavisa-Jokanovic-want-stay-Fulham-many-years

WhiteJC

Slavisa Jokanovic has no regrets about leaving Watford as Serbian is finally unveiled as new Fulham manager
Slavisa Jokanovic took over as Fulham's full-time manager on Wednesday
The 47-year-old watched Cottagers 4-1 win over Rotherham on Tuesday
He comes to Fulham, his the sixth club in three years, from Tel Aviv
Jokanovic wanted triple the salary Watford offered before he moved on
His first match in charge will be against Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday

Slavisa Jokanovic insists he didn't shed any tears when Watford ditched him shortly after he guided them into the Barclays Premier League.

The Serbian is back in England and the Championship once again, unveiled as Fulham's new manager on Wednesday following a stint in Israel at Maccabi Tel Aviv.

It came as a shock when he parted company with Watford in the summer, but the contract he was seeking was miles apart from the one the club were prepared to offer.

New Fulham head coach Slavisa Jokanovic is unveiled at the club's Motspur Park training ground

The former Watford boss faced the media as Fulham boss ahead of his first game in charge on Saturday

It is believed Jokanovic asked for a three-year deal on a £1.5million annual salary, but the club wanted him to accept a third of that and decided to let him go, bringing in Quique Sanchez Flores as replacement.

'I don't care,' Jokanovic said. 'I try to be a real man and live a real life and I don't start crying in my home. I want to be working. I chose another place. I make interesting things happen, in making the group stage of the Champions League at Maccabi Tel Aviv after a decade away from it. I believe in myself and the people around me.'

Jokanovic is very familiar with these shores. While he was a player at Chelsea, where he spent two years, he once gave an interview to the match-day programme where it was pointed out he never smiled in club photos.

Jokanovic was in the stands when Fulham beat Rotherham 4-1 on Tuesday night in the Championship

England Under 21 Cauley Woodrow scored a double in an impressive showing for the new manager

This was put to him with the cameras turned off at Fulham's Motspur Park training ground and he replied: 'I'm a funny guy! But football is my profession, so I am serious at work.'

The 47-year-old had made Fulham his sixth club in three years. He has moved from Thailand, to Bulgaria, Spain, England then Israel. Returning to the UK, he takes over a side closer to the relegation places than they are the playoffs.

His first game will be against Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday with the club six points above Bristol City in 22nd and 13 behind Ipswich in sixth.

Watford were offering only a third of what Jokanovic wanted after he led them to Premier League promotion

Jokanovic says he has no regrets about the decision after leading Maccabi Tel Aviv into Europe

Jokanovic did not rule out aiming to make the playoffs, but he admits he needs to make the numbers add up first. They have scored 40 goals in the Championship - the most of any team - yet conceded 42, the joint-second worst defensive record.

'They have strange numbers,' he said. 'Generally football is numbers but mathematics is very simple. If you try and observe it's many strange things. Fulham score more goals than teams in the Championship but conceded more goals. We don't have the balance. We're a little bit confused and need to play football with more guarantees.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3379671/Slavisa-Jokanovic-no-regrets-leaving-Watford-Serbian-finally-unveiled-new-Fulham-manager.html#ixzz3vt0FrWIr
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WhiteJC

Sheffield Wednesday: Why Carlos is wary of new boss effect

Head coach Carlos Carvalhal has warned his Sheffield Wednesday side not to fall victim to 'new manager syndrome' when they tackle Fulham this weekend.

The Owls head to Craven Cottage on Saturday looking to arrest their poor run of form away from Hillsborough. Carvalhal's troops have failed to win any of their last six matches on the road in all competitions.

But new Fulham head coach Slavisa Jokanovic will be aiming to get off to a flying start when he takes charge of his match.

Serb Jokanovic, who steered Watford to the Premier League last season before he left Vicarage Road after contract discussions collapsed, watched from the stands as the Cottagers thrashed Rotherham United 4-1 in midweek.

Goals from Cauley Woodrow (2), Alex Kacaniklic and Ross McCormack secured Fulham's first victory in 10 outings, lifting them up to 18th in the table.

Carvalhal, who has received criticism in some quarters for rotating his Owls squad in their loss at Middlesbrough, said: "We will play in completely different conditions to what we did at Middlesbrough. We have some time to recover and prepare for the game.

"It will be a difficult game at Fulham. They have changed their coach. They have new motivation but we will be ready to discuss the three points."

Jokanovic says ex-Owls manager Stuart Gray, who had been in charge of Fulham since December 8, to remain in his role of senior coach at the club.

"Stuart is a great man and a great manager," he said. "We are both here in the interests of Fulham and I believe we can work together to do a quality job."

Read more: http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/sport/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-why-carlos-is-wary-of-new-boss-effect-1-7649445#ixzz3vt1KBYcg

WhiteJC

Slavisa Jokanovic: Fulham negotiations 'a long process'

Fulham head coach Slavisa Jokanovic has revealed negotiations over the job went on for several weeks.

The 47-year-old Serb was appointed by the west London club on Sunday, replacing Kit Symons, who was sacked as manager on 8 November.

"We talked a few weeks and it was a long process. I believe I was the first choice for the club and they pushed hard to bring me here," said Jokanovic.

"It is a great chance for me to work at a historical club."

Fulham held talks with then Reading boss Steve Clarke in mid-November about taking over from Symons, but chairman Shahid Khan said the club "had an obligation to fully explore our options" and were interested in Jokanovic "from the start".

The Championship club have paid Israeli side Maccabi Tel Aviv £367,000 compensation for Jokanovic's services and the former Watford boss will be joined at Craven Cottage by coaches Alberto Escobar and Javi Pereira.

Jokanovic expects Stuart Gray, who had been in charge of the Whites since 8 December, to remain in his role of senior coach at the club.

"Stuart has tried to give me all the information and I need help from him," he said. "I expect in the future we will collaborate better.

"We are both here in the interests of Fulham and I believe we can work together to do a quality job."

Fulham chairman Shahid Khan believes Jokanovic "will bring a winning mindset" to the club

Jokanovic watched from the stands as his new side beat Rotherham 4-1 at home on Tuesday night to record their first win in 10 games and move up to 18th in the table.

The former Chelsea midfielder won promotion to the Premier League with Watford last season, but he has not yet set himself goals for the rest of the campaign.

"My job is clear and people expect me to improve the team and fight for more important targets," he said.

"After some weeks and months our targets will be clear. We need to take short steps.

"I believe in myself, the club and the people. I am ready for the challenge."

Jokanovic will take charge of Fulham for the first time on Saturday, when they host Sheffield Wednesday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35201469