watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

McCormack transfer request

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, January 03, 2016, 10:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby Ward-Smith

Has anyone else seen the rumours today on Twitter that McCormack is set to hand a transfer request in? If we let him Dembele go we will be in massive trouble with no chance of replacing them until the summer and even then it will be tough to find the same quality. Even if he hands in a request or we get offered ridiculous money we have to decline because we can't replace them this window due to the embargo no matter how much money we make it sales, we will remain in the embargo for this window and then can trade in the summer, we could be a league 1 club by then if Ross and Moussa go.

nose

wepll if we let ross go we are in definite trouble because not only does he score he sets them up on a plate for others OR has an impact such as woodrow's first on tuesday, Ross's dummy was sublime.

Lighthouse

Today? The rumours were yesterday and I put them on the transfer window thread. Other rumours are that Watford have had a bid accepted and Boro are about to put in a bigger bid.

But rumours is rumours until they isn't. As the unedicated would say.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Blanco

Apprentice to the Maestro

Why would McCormack submit a transfer request, particularly at the start of the transfer window? He would most likely lose any loyalty payment or signing on fee available.

HatterDon

plus, its to another Championship club. Where's the gain. If he goes to one that'll get promoted, he'll be cut loose anyway. Daft silly rumors. Twits ... uh, I'm sorry Tweets ... no, wait a minute
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Holders

Unless he's really seriously taken against the new manager in the short time they've known each other I can't see any advantage to him by doing that, assuming that footballers are primarily motivated by money.

From the club's point of view, even if the manager had made the decision (again in a very short time) that Ross isn't in his plans, with the embargo I cannot see us letting him go until the summer. If he really isn't in the manager's plans, worst realistic case scenario that I can see might be a deal agreed now, enacted in the summer.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

One Martin Thomas

If a Premier League club or Boro/Derby put a bid in, he's all but gone.  Nothing to do with money; his career clock is ticking and it is the sort of thing that would eat away at a player i.e. could I do it in the Premier League?  Sorry to say this, but he would be a fool not to leave.

Mince n Tatties

According to my dear friend Hilda The Tea Lady,Ross has never been happier at a club than he
is at Fulham.. 049:gif

RaySmith

What does she put in that tea!!!!!???? :wow:

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: RaySmith on January 04, 2016, 07:09:54 AM
What does she put in that tea!!!!!???? :wow:

Yorkshire tea bags only I believe.. :kettle pot:

BigbadBillyMcKinley

To be honest, if it's true then the club will have to play hard ball and tell him to stay till the end if the season.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

alexmur

if we do lose ross I just hope we replace him with moyes ;)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

bog

Reminds me of that Fleetwood Mac LP....

092.gif

Bronaldinho

Always going to be rumours surrounding his future - he's the best player not in the Premier League.

But in reality, Club realise how important he is to the future of the club, on a long contract and we rejected £10m from Wednesday in the summer.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Logicalman

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Neil D

And there was I thinking what a yawn the transfer window would be  - somehow forgetting the vultures circling around Ross. Dembele can go - we need the money and we have an adequate replacement in Woodrow - at least adequate enough to keep us up this season.  Ross is irreplaceable.

Barry White

More than happy to sell Dembele but keeping Ross is a priority.

NogoodBoyo

I keep coming back to my worn old thread of an unhappy workplace.  It's always the most talented that tend to leave a poorly managed organisation.
Unfortunately, as much as I love the appointment of our new manager, he's still the fifth manager in two years and the 7th coach (maybe more) within that time too.  Can you imagine how frustrating it must be for the players to have yet another opinion on how to play the beautiful game?
So, I would say there's a better than even chance that Ross might be tempted to try his luck in a more stable ship.
Nogood "I never discount press rumours just because I don't like them, isit" Boyo