watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunday Times report on the Sheff Wed game

Started by Baszab, January 03, 2016, 05:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

If we had won one nil no one would have moaned, it's his first game. It's ridiculous this trying to find something to have a whine about
Every day is a Fulham day

win-dup

Quote from: Wearethewhites on January 03, 2016, 06:21:41 PM
Come the summer and next season, I guarantee, bar 1 or 2 faces, that we'll have a completely different team to the one we've had to endure for last 2 bloody seasons.
It certainly will be if we are in division three.

nose

Quote from: J.Perkins on January 03, 2016, 10:14:16 PM
Hodgson took a month to get a win. It's never a quick fix with a new manager, and it's his team. He can do what he wants with it. Easy to call the team selection wrong when you don't know if another team would've won.

I know we do not always see eye to eye, and it is usually you that comments on my posts but the truth is my objection to the team selection was not how we played and the defeat. It was changing a team that won after 10 games without and worse, as you know, dropping the MoM for an out of form player. Regardless of the individuals or whether we like them or not, I would have always said the same because it sends a very poor message to all the squad players. Regardless of what the manager may have said to woodrow or any other players he dropped the effect is a bad one in terms of managing.

Jokanovic will succede I have absolutely no doubt, he is a good manager but this was a dispointing and suprising thing to have done.

Dodger53

Quote from: westcliff white on January 03, 2016, 10:26:55 PM
If we had won one nil no one would have moaned, it's his first game. It's ridiculous this trying to find something to have a whine about
I would have! The score against Rotherham flattered. They should have been 3 up at half time.

jarv

After the shambolic mess of the last 3 years, I see this as last chance saloon for Fulham. Give this guy a chance, if he cant fix it who can.? For me, it feels like about 6 years now, hoping there are 3 teams more cr@p than Fulham.  I think there is at least 6 in this division.

Onward and upwards I say. 092.gif

jarv

Glanville? Lives on his past reputation, was ok 25 years ago but now, just looking for his next paycheque.

Nero

Dear Kit Lover,

How did Kit do in his first game?

gezkc

Quote from: davew on January 03, 2016, 09:46:38 PM
I don't blame this manager or the previous ones, the simple fact is that our squad are shite!!!

I don't think the squad are shite. We had some very impressive performances with this bunch of players under Kit and some awful ones. Inconsistency was the problem, not lack of ability.
Given time, I'm hopeful SJ will be able to get the team playing consistently well, but we do need to give him time. Judging on one game is ridiculous. We need some stability.

westcliff white

Quote from: Dodger53 on January 03, 2016, 10:35:40 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on January 03, 2016, 10:26:55 PM
I would have! The score against Rotherham flattered. They should have been 3 up at half time.
I said on another post that the Rotherham game flattered us, but can you honestly say you would have moaned about team selection if we had won against Wednesday one nil.

If you can I despair, they are / were one place out of the playoffs. it took a worldy to beat us and we didnt play well. Joka needs to work with the players, get his methods across and then we can see where we are going
Every day is a Fulham day

Stoneleigh Veteran

I have missed out on this thread, but to get back to the original comments I must say that Brian Glanville has always made favourable constructive comments about Fulham. I would almost go to the extent of calling him a Fulham supporter as he obviously has a love for the club and our ground.

leonffc

Quote from: Baszab on January 03, 2016, 05:02:26 PM
I would suggest anyone who thought yesterday was NOT pathetic reads the Sunday Times report on the game by Brian Glanville - who is probably the most respected world football writer over the past 40 years.

The most respected world football writer over the past 40 years and here he is doing little old Fulham Vs ex good team Sheff Wed in the championship.

Maybe he is just bitter!!

MJG

Quote from: Banstead White on January 03, 2016, 06:51:08 PM
Glanville has an opinion, just an opinion. Certainly doesn't make him an expert.

This

Steven Ageroad

Was Glanville really at the game? he also quotes in his report,

"Just four minutes after that came the goal for Wallace that would clinch the match, much to the joy of the large and vociferous group of Sheffield Wednesday fans behind that goal"

If I'm not mistaken they were behind the other goal at the Putney End!