more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (06/01/16)...

Started by WhiteJC, January 06, 2016, 09:03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Man Utd rocked as £12m striker deal collapses

MOUSSA DEMBELE will not be sold in the January transfer window, claims Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic.

Moussa Dembele has scored 10 times for Fulham this season

The 19-year-old is enjoying a good season at Craven Cottage and has scored 10 goals for the Championship side this campaign.

His fine performances have bumped his transfer fee up to £12million and he has attracted the attention of Manchester United, according to Sky Sports.

However, Jokanovic says Fulham have no intention of selling the young Frenchman or any of their other big names like Ross McCormack.

"I am not thinking about selling my key players like Ross McCormack or Moussa Dembele," he said.

"They are good players, I have only been working with them for two days but I expect both can offer more things than they did against Sheffield Wednesday.

"I don't plan for it and that is it. This team needs some fresh blood and we are thinking about some players who can help us in the future."

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/631592/Manchester-United-Transfer-Moussa-Dembele-Fulham-Over-Slavisa-Jokanovic

WhiteJC

Chairman Visit

Chairman Shahid Khan called in to take in training at Motspur Park on Tuesday. Watch the footage as he greets the players.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/january/05/chairman-visit?

WhiteJC

Stoke City transfer gossip: Fulham offer Steve Sidwell way out

COTTAGE COMEBACK? Steve Sidwell in action against old club Fulham in the League Cup earlier this season.

STEVE Sidwell could be offered a chance for regular football again by old club Fulham this month, according to the Mirror.

ADVERTISING

The 33-year-old has had restricted game time since he left Craven Cottage bound for Stoke to link up with former manager Mark Hughes in the summer of 2014.

The form of Glenn Whelan in particular has meant the ex-Reading, Chelsea and Aston Villa player has only meant five league starts.

"He has not featured in the league since opening day and Championship Fulham are ready to bring Sidwell back to the capital, where his family live," report the Mirror.

Read more: http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Stoke-City-transfer-gossip-Fulham-offer-Steve/story-28467443-detail/story.html#ixzz3wSBF4mj7
Follow us: @SentinelStaffs on Twitter | sentinelstaffs on Facebook

WhiteJC

FULHAM STRIKER TAGGART LOOKING TO JOKANOVIC

Fulham striker and former A-League Golden Boot winner Adam Taggart admits he doesn't know where his immediate club future lies, as he heads into combat with the Olyroos this month with Rio 2016 shimmering on the horizon.

The 22 year-old Fulham striker has yet to make his senior debut after 17 months in west London, with injuries and ill fortune taking their toll.

But fresh back from a loan spell with Scottish Premiership strugglers Dundee United, Taggart has recovered his fitness and will be looking to attract the attention of new Cottagers manager Slavisa Jokanovic, from far away Doha this month, as he hunts the goals which could clinch Olympic Games qualification for Australia at the AFC Under-23 Championship.

Taggart has trained briefly under the man who led Watford to the English Premier League last season only to quit as contract talks broke down.

And while he knows a starring role for his country could aid his cause at Craven Cottage, he also realises he could just as easily exit the club during the January window.

Newcastle Jets, for whom he scored 16 times two seasons ago, have already been rebuffed in their bid to bring him back to the Hunter and Perth Glory are also keen to bring the Western Australian back to the club where it all began.

The gun forward, who is contracted until the end of next season, doesn't pretend to know where his immediate future lies and said "The main thing for me is to get back to playing regular first team football.

"You never know what's going to happen this month. Fulham have a new gaffer in and there may be an opportunity there but I really can't say how things will go.

"I've had a few days training under him, so we will see."

Asked if the A-League was a potential option, he replied: "Everything is an option. You can't rule anything out, especially the situation I am in.

"But my long-term goal is to be playing regularly in Europe and I still think I have something to offer, whether that's in England or somewhere else.

"My heart still lies in having a career in Europe and I will take the next few weeks away with the Olyroos and see what comes up, and what Fulham's thoughts are."

http://www.fulhamweb.co.uk/news/fulham-striker-taggart-looking-to-jokanovic.aspx?

WhiteJC

Roma move ahead of United and Spurs for French starlet

Roma have offered Fulham forward Moussa Dembele a pre-contract, according to Get French Football.

Dembele, 19, has entered the final six months of his deal at Craven Cottage and is free to talk to foreign clubs.

Spurs and Manchester United were among the clubs leading the race for the highly rated teenager but may be forced to buy the youngster this month with Roma already able to tie down his long-term services on a free contract.

The Fulham starlet has scored nine goals this season and registered a further two assists in his 23 appearances in the Championship this season.

http://www.whoscored.com/News/wroyowcBaES62Twu0AJ8MQ/Show/?

WhiteJC

Are Boro really contemplating a move for Fulham striker Ross McCormack?

The player is one of the Championship's most prolific scorers :: But is there any substance to the transfer rumours?

Ross McCormack during the Sky Bet Championship match between Fulham and Sheffield Wednesday

Are Middlesbrough FC really contemplating a January move for Fulham striker Ross McCormack?

That's what the Daily Mail claims this morning, with Aitor Karanka's side reportedly ready to rival Derby County in an £11m transfer tug of war.

McCormack is one of the Championship's most prolific strikers, having scored 15 goals already this term in a Fulham side languishing in mid-table.

But is there any real substance to the reports linking the 29-year-old to the North-east?

Boro are open for business in January, with the club within touching distance of a place at football's top table next season.

However, will Steve Gibson realistically part with an eight-figure sum for another striker, given his £15m+ investment in the summer?

And equally, is another striker top of Boro's January wishlist? I'm not so sure.

With David Nugent and Cristhian Stuani both brought in last summer for a combined £7.6m, the club hierarchy may well feel that the striking department is fine - with Kike also proving his worth of late.

Indeed, only Fulham, Derby and Brentford have scored more goals than Boro in the Championship this season.

So far, Aitor Karanka's side have scored 36 goals in 24 matches - and that's with both Stuani and Nugent enduring spells on the sidelines through injury and suspension.

Do Boro really need another striker on the books, also taking into account Karanka prefers to play a 4-2-3-1 system?

That's a different debate, but one thing is for certain - Boro are well aware of McCormack's talents.

Under Tony Mowbray, it is understood that the club tabled THREE bids to land the forward in 2013, who was then plying his trade at Elland Road.

The club's desire to recruit the all-action Scot has since been confirmed by Mogga's then-assistant Mark Proctor.

"It's no secret that Tony Mowbray and I tried to bring McCormack to Boro," Proctor wrote in his column for The Gazette last season.

"And we were very, very close to pulling it off. From what I'm led to believe, he basically had one foot in the building.

"But then the goalposts moved for whatever reason, regarding the cost and the end figure. As many transfers do, it fell by the wayside and never got done.

"He's a natural goalscorer - just look at his record."

Fulham's Ross McCormack

The interest is there - and has been for a while. Now Boro must decide whether it's an area that needs upgrading, and whether it's a price that represents value for money.

You'd have to think - with the prices swirling around - that it may not be.

Another factor to take into consideration when analysing the McCormack rumour is whether Fulham would be willing to part with their prized asset.

His Cottagers partner-in-crime Moussa Dembele is reportedly attracting the interest of Manchester United, but even with Fulham under a transfer embargo, would new boss Slavisa jokanovic be happy to give away his main goalscoring weapon?

Not if you believe the ex-Watford manager's quotes on that very subject earlier this week.

"I am not thinking about selling my key players like McCormack or Moussa Dembele. I don't plan for it and that's it," Jokanovic told Sky Sports.

"This team need some fresh blood and we are thinking about some players who can help us in the future."

The January transfer window has opened and the rumours have started.

With five billion reasons why this simply has to be the year that Boro reach the Premier League, it's going to be interesting to watch the next few weeks unfold.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/boro-really-contemplating-move-fulham-10688958?

WhiteJC

It`ll Be a No for Dembele Then!

Reports in the national press are suggesting that Manchester United` plans to buy the exciting teenage Fulham striker, Moussa Dembele, have failed.

Dembele, just nineteen years of age, has more than held his own in the Championship this season, scoring ten goals even though Fulham have had a season that, so far, can only be described as below average.

The suggestion we stumbled across, courtesy of reports coming from Sky Sports, mentioned a possible bid of £12 million being made.

But it seems that although money is tight down at Craven Cottage what with a transfer embargo in place, their new manager, Slovisa Jokanovic, has no intention of selling Moussa Dembele, or indeed his strike partner Ross McCormack who has been interesting Middlesbrough and Derby County with Jokanovic remarking,

'I am not thinking about selling my key players like Ross McCormack or Moussa Dembele.

"They are good players, I have only been working with them for two days but I expect both can offer more things than they did against Sheffield Wednesday.

'I don't plan for it and that is it. This team needs some fresh blood and we are thinking about some players who can help us in the future.'

My feeling is if young Dembele had turned up at Old Trafford he`d be nothing more than a bench-warmer as he warms to the way of life at Old Trafford biding his time waiting for an opportunity to get some first team football, whereas I feel our most urgent current need is bringing in players that can go straight into the first team to make us a better, more feared unit.

http://www.manchesterunited.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=428999

WhiteJC

Commemorative Ball Bid

Supporters can now bid on one of the official matchday balls used in Fulham's fixture against Birmingham City back in November.

Used on the official remembrance weekend, all money raised will go to the Royal British Legion.

Bidding will remain open until Friday 15th January. Follow the link below to access the British Legion's eBay page.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/january/05/commemorative-ball-bid?

WhiteJC

Re-Assuring Words from Jokanovic

With the transfer window open, this is the month that Fulham supporters fear.

The recent transfer embargo imposed upon us will see our activity being extremely limited, especially when it comes to bringing players in.

However, we`ve left ourselves wide open to predators coming in to sign our better players and already there has been speculation linking Moussa Dembele and Ross McCormack with a move away from Craven Cottage.

Already we`ve seen Dembele linked with moves to other Premier league clubs, most recently Manchester United and as for McCormack, the press would have you believe that it`s only a matter of time before our leading scorer is sold to either Middlesbrough or Derby County.

But whilst those fears of ours will only ease once the transfer window slams shut, on February 1st, our new manager has tried to ease those fears by remarking about the duo recently,

'I am not thinking about selling my key players like Ross McCormack or Moussa Dembele.

They are good players, I have only been working with them for two days but I expect both can offer more things than they did against Sheffield Wednesday.

'I don't plan for it and that is it. This team needs some fresh blood and we are thinking about some players who can help us in the future.'

Keep those fingers crossed though folks.

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=429010

WhiteJC

Fulham defender insists he is a better midfielder - and so does Everton boss

Given the chance Whites right-back would switch to the second third

Position: Jazz Richards

Jazz Richards admits he's a frustrated midfielder.

The Fulham right back originally played in the middle when at Swansea under Roberto Martinez - now at Everton, but the fight for places was so intense, Richards was persuaded to drop back in order to go forward.

The player was spotted by Swans coach Alan Curtis who gave Richards new direction, but the man himself still longs to join the likes of Scott Parker in the Whites centre for the FA Cup trip to Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday.

Tackle: Richards (R)

Richards said: "Myself, I think I'm best at midfield, but I'm happy to play at right-back.

"It was always was going to be tough to break into the midfield at Swansea, so playing right-back gave me the chance to play games. Maybe, I wouldn't be where I am now if I hadn't.

"I was a midfielder under Roberto Martinez when he was at Swansea - and he was happy with it.

"He left to go to Wigan; and then we had Paulo Sousa; he really didn't know any of the players but Alan Curtis, he's the one who put me at right-back for the club because I was doing so for Wales U19s.

All in the family: Richards' cousin Eli Walker playing for Wales against Ireland

"You've got to be comfortable on the ball in midfield, and it helps in defence as well."

Richards is from good stock when it comes to sportsmen in the extended family.

The Fulham man claims there is no competition between himself and cousins Tobias Webb and Eli Walker, the former a world title boxing contender, the latter a Wales rugby international - just a hope everyone reaches their potential.

"I've also got two younger cousins, 16, 17, playing basketball in the USA at college with hopes for the NBA in the future. We all expect each to do well and all drive each other, and that's a big help to me."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-defender-insists-better-midfielder-10690104?

WhiteJC

Crystal Palace join Manchester United in transfer tussle for Fulham starlet Moussa Dembele

Palace boss Alan Pardew has the 19-year-old on his list of January targets having been impressed with Dembele's 10-goal return in a struggling Fulham side

Wanted man: Moussa Dembele is wanted by a host of Premier League clubs

Crystal Palace are the latest club to express interest in Moussa Dembele - with Fulham willing to sell their striker for £6million this month.

Palace boss Alan Pardew has the 19-year-old Frenchman on his list of January targets having been impressed with Dembele's 10-goal return in a struggling Fulham side.

Pardew is also keen on QPR's Charlie Austin and Wolves striker Benik Afobe but could sign two forwards in mid-season to boost his side's goal threat - with no Palace centre forward having scored from open play in the Premier League this term.

Tottenham and Manchester United are both long-term admirers of Dembele , who is out of contract next summer, but Palace could tempt him with the prospect of more regular first-team football.

Rising star: Dembele has scored 10 goals for Fulham this season

Fulham's new manager Slavisa Jokanovic has claimed he does not want to sell the player this month but it is believed the west London club will sell at the right place rather than lose Dembele for a much smaller compensation fee, due because of his 'homegrown' status, at the end of the season.

But Fulham are determined to hang on to another in-form forward, Ross McCormack - who has netted 15 times this season and is wanted by Bournemouth, Middlesbrough and Derby.

The Scot wants to leave the Cottage but has been told he is going nowhere until the summer, with Fulham under a transfer embargo and worried about being sucked into another relegation battle.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/crystal-palace-join-manchester-united-7122275?

WhiteJC

Shrewsbury Loans

The Club can confirm that Jack Grimmer has joined Shrewsbury Town on loan until the end of the season, while Larnell Cole will also remain at the Greenhous Meadow Stadium for the remainder of the campaign.

It's Grimmer's second loan spell with the Shrews after he impressed during the seven appearances he made for them last season, prior to being recalled by Fulham in November.

Cole's temporary deal with the Sky Bet League One outfit began on 1st September 2015, and he's since gone on to play 19 times for the club, and has scored two goals.

Their next match sees them travel to Cardiff City in the FA Cup this Sunday.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/january/05/shrewsbury-loans?

WhiteJC

Derby County to rival Middlesbrough to clinical 15-goal Championship forward

Championship promotion rivals Middlesbrough and Derby County are reportedly interested in bringing in Fulham star Ross McCormack, according to the Daily Mail.

Boro boss Aitor Karanka is a known admirer of McCormack and may turn his attentions to the goalscorer if he fails to land Patrick Bamford from Chelsea.

The Scotland international has scored 15 goals already this season, despite playing in a side predominantly struggling in the league, and Fulham may be tempted to part ways with their £11 million pound man if the price and timing is right.

McCormack, previously of Leeds and Cardiff, boasts an excellent goalscoring record in the Championship and could provide the added firepower needed to bring promotion to the Premier League.

Derby have recently added Guinea striker Abdoul Camara to their ranks, and retain an interest in Reading striker Nick Blackman, yet see McCormack as a possibility.

However Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic told Sky Sports: "I am not thinking about selling my key players like McCormack or Moussa Dembele. I don't plan for it and that's it."

Read more at http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/derby-county-to-rival-middlesbrough-to-clinical-15-goal-championship-forward/?#IMpyjKx0lexXhx5o.99

WhiteJC

Middlesbrough ready to make move for Ross McCormack

HITC Sport understands that boss Aitor Karanka has made the Scottish striker his number one target this January.

HITC Sport understands that Middlesbrough boss Aitor Karanka has made Ross McCormack his number one target this January.

Karanka is more than happy with his squad depth but the recent suspension to Dave Nugent highlighted the fact that he only had one other front-line striker on his bench in the shape of Kike, as he deploys Christhian Stuani wide on the right.

With that in mind Karanka has met with Boro's hierarchy to discuss their plans for January and although Boro would be open to putting a number of deals in place - they could do just one, with a striker their prime target.

Boro had previously bid for Jordan Rhodes in the summer but Blackburn were unwilling to do business even with a £14million bid, and they would not entertain going back unless their asking price had dropped some what.

And with former loan star Patrick Bamford making it clear he wants to stay in the Premier League, it is another former target in the shape of McCormack - the top-scorer in the Championship - who is being highlighted as their number one option.

In the summer of 2013, just prior to Karanka's arrival at Boro, they failed with numerous bids to land him with Leeds refusing to sell him before he joined Fulham in an £11million deal in 2014.

McCormack's form for Fulham has been outstanding with 30 goals coming in a season-and-a-half at Craven Cottage, and he has been made their captain - but HITC Sport understands that the Scottish international would be only too happy to listen to offers from Boro, and has made the Cottagers aware of this.

Fulham insist they do not want to sell but after being placed under a transfer embargo they are anticipating have to sell this month with possibility McCormack and Moussa Dembele looking likely departures.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/01/05/gb-middlesbrough-ready-to-make-move-for-ross-mccormack/?

WhiteJC

European giants Juventus join race for Fulham wonderkid

According to reports from the Daily Mail, Serie A side Juventus have joined the likes of Manchester United and Paris St Germain in expressing interest for Fulham's Moussa Dembele.

The 19 year-old is entering the final months of his contract at Craven Cottage and has amassed an impressive list of potential suitors all eager to land the French-man on a free transfer.

Dembele has shone this season netting 10 goals in just 22 appearances for the Cottagers – form which has made the biggest clubs in Europe pay attention.

Highly revered at international level, the striker has been capped by France at numerous youth levels and is currently a member of their U20 setup.

Serie A champions Juventus are willing to let powerful forward Simone Zaza leave and are looking to Dembele as a back up for first team strikers Pablo Dybala, Mario Mandzukic and Alvaro Morata.

The ever-growing list of clubs now interested in the youngster reads; Manchester United, Juventus, Everton, Tottenham, Paris St Germain and Napoli.

http://the72.co.uk/43883/european-giants-juventus-join-race-for-fulham-wonderkid/?