https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (08/01/16)...

Started by WhiteJC, January 08, 2016, 07:57:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham, Blackburn, Burnley & Wolves fail with McNair bids

Paddy McNair: Manchester United reject loan offers for defender

Manchester United are reported to have rebuffed a flurry of loan offers from Championship clubs to take Paddy McNair on loan this month.

McNair, 20, has started only three games in the Premier League this season, leading to approaches from clubs including Fulham, Blackburn Rovers, Burnley and Wolves, according to The Times.

However, Louis van Gaal is apparently eager to keep the defender at Old Trafford.

One player that could leave on loan this month, though, is Nick Powell, with the Daily Mail claiming the 21-year-old midfielder is wanted by Nottingham Forest, Preston, Brighton and Wolves.

Marouane Fellaini has also been linked with a move, with Inter Milan, Juventus and Roma all reported to be interested in the Belgian, but United have already rejected a loan offer from AC Milan and are unlikely to allow the 28-year-old to leave.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/fulham-blackburn-burnley-wolves-fail-with-mcnair-bids?

WhiteJC

Arsenal midfielder left in 'frustrating' limbo after Championship move falls through

Isaac Hayden of Arsenal (Photo by David Rogers/Getty Images)

Isaac Hayden remains at Hull after a fresh loan move fell through and Steve Bruce can understand the Arsenal man's frustration.

The midfielder has failed to feature for Bruce's Tigers in recent weeks and looked set to return to Arsenal before being borrowed by another Championship club, thought to be Fulham.

But a change of management at Craven Cottage has seen that loan fall through and now Hayden is left with Hull until another side comes in and promises first-team football.

And his current manager, who didn't use the Gunner in their recent win over QPR, has sympathy for Hayden.

"It's not done and dusted with Isaac," he told the Hull Daily Mail "A move for him stuttered and has fallen through at the moment.

"He wants to play, the kid, and I can understand that. It's frustrating for him because he wanted to come and play. That opportunity hasn't progressed and as far as we're concerned he stays with us.

"We've got an agreement with Arsenal that if a club can guarantee him first-team football then the boy wants to play."

Read more at: http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/arsenal/arsenal_midfielder_left_in_frustrating_limbo_after_championship_move_falls_through_1_4370618
Copyright © LONDON24

WhiteJC

Fulham midfelder believes he has been rescued by new boss Slavisa Jokanovic

Whites Finland international has struggled to make an impact since summer transfer - now Mattila believes he can kick on with a new man installed in the Cottage

Balance: Sakari Mattila (R) takes on Wednesday's Barry Bannan

Sakari Mattila reckons he has been handed a lease of life under new Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic.

The Finnish midfielder made his first Championship start in white at home to Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday six months after he joined – and wants more.

Since he signed from Norwegian club Aalesunds FK in the summer, the 26-year-old has been restricted to just four sub appearances before last weekend.

Wrap: Slavisa Jokanovic wears the colours

Now it's his turn after waiting patiently in the wings, so he hopes.

Mattila said: "I knew when I came to England I had to wait my chance. There's been many months I've had to wait to get a start in the Championship, against Sheffield was first game and I'm pleased for a fresh start."

Wednesday got the better of the first encounter at the Cottage to edge home 1-0.

But Mattila thinks Fulham have a chance to rectify that at Hillsborough in the FA Cup as the clubs meet twice in seven days.

Internatonal: Mattila in Finland action

"The second round of two? Not exactly," he said.

"It's away and it's going to be tough. But on Saturday, I think it was the first game it felt where everybody was fighting for their lives, for the first and second balls.

"There have been lots of changes at Fulham, but it's more stable now.

"He (Jokanovic) has proven he is a winner, and we need to suck everything out of him.

"If we take it one game at a time when the pieces come together we will go up the table."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-midfelder-believes-been-rescued-10698426?

WhiteJC

Away Days

Time is running out to secure your seat at Fulham's next two away matches.

First, the Whites travel to Hillsborough on Saturday (3pm) to kick-off our Emirates FA Cup campaign against Sheffield Wednesday.

Season Tickets Holders and Members can pick up tickets for just £15 adults and from £5 for concessions, while adult tickets are priced at £20 on General Sale.

Fans can buy tickets over the phone (but will need to collect in advance from Fulham or from Hillsborough on the day) or in person from the Ticket Office.

Tickets will be available on the day, with all of them priced at £20 for adults, £15 for over-65s and under-21s, and £5 for under-17s.

Three days later (Tuesday 12th January, 7.45pm), Slaviša Jokanović's men make the trip to Molineux to take on Wolverhampton Wanderers.

There will be no tickets available on the day for this fixture.

Fans can purchase these tickets online until 3pm on Friday, and these are priced at £28 for adults and from £10 concessions.

Those travelling will still be able to purchase tickets over the phone for collection at either ground or in person from the Fulham Ticket Office up until midday on the day of the game.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/january/07/away-days?

WhiteJC

Fulham to ring changes for FA Cup tie at Sheffield Wednesday – as rain takes its toll on training pitches

Whites new manager gets that rainy day feeling as he puddles his way through tactics ahead of round two against the Owls

Confidence: Slavisa Jokanovic

It's not only the north struggling with bad weather – Fulham have been up against it preparing for the FA Cup tie against Sheffield Wednesday.

Boss Slavisa Jokanovic revealed the sodden pitches at the Motspur Park training ground have not been at their best.

Still, the new manager insists he is going to Hillsborough to win, and right the wrongs of last week's league home defeat to the Owls.

He said: "I probably need a bit better field, because these last few days it's been raining so much.

Seconds out, round two: Slavisa Jokanovic (L) and Wednesday boss Carlos Carvalhal

"Our job is to find a way to win the game. We have a good team, but it's just they haven't played well in the last month and the last year.

"I expect in the future my team is going to be like me, full of confidence. I don't care about the past. Our supporters are going to expect positivity in the best competition in the world."

Last weekend's 1-0 reverse came courtesy of a 30-yard wonder strike from Ross Wallace.

Suffered: Ross McCormack feels the pain of defeat to Sheff Wed

Jokanovich believes he's not the only one in Sheffield he has to stop.

He added: "It can be very complicated for us if he (Wallace) scores like he did last Saturday, but they also have good players in (Lucas) Joao and Fernando Forestieri, and right now they are fighting for promotion.

"We don't have a particularly big squad, but I'm probably going to try and use some different players to try and win the game. I wouldn't call it an 'experiment'. An experiment is for laboratories. I am a football coach.

"But I need to check for players and find the best solution for us."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-ring-changes-fa-cup-10700234?

WhiteJC

Jokanović's Wednesday Preview

Head Coach Slaviša Jokanović wants Fulham to move on from the league defeat to Sheffield Wednesday when the two sides meet again on Saturday.

His debut match in charge ended in a narrow 1-0 loss to the Owls last time out, but he insists attentions are now firmly focused on the weekend's FA Cup encounter.

"I have been here one week, we have played one game," he stated. "We try and move and change something this week and keep working with the team. Like always, the most important game is the next one.

"The next game is the FA Cup and we're focused on what we're going to do in Sheffield. It's important, I expect we can make a better job than we made in the last game."

Ross Wallace has been in fine form against the Whites this season, claiming three assists at Hillsborough and firing in a stunning winner last week, but Jokanović acknowledged that Wednesday have plenty of individuals who can cause problems.

"It's not only one player," he explained. "Sheffield have very good players. They're a very strong, very tall team with good players, especially in the attacking line, with [Atdhe] Nuhiu, [Lucas] Joao, or Fernando Forestieri.

"This team is a good team, they're actually right now fighting for promotion or Play-Offs. We need to respect them, but it's more important for us to respect ourselves and think about what we're going to do on the field."

Jokanović reached the FA Cup Final as a player with Chelsea in 2002, and it's clearly a competition he holds in high regard.

But while he admitted that it would be 'a dream' to do something similar with the Whites, he stressed that his only thoughts at the moment are on the imminent Third Round tie.

"We're going to have an opportunity on Saturday to compete in one of the more important cups in the world," he said. "It's a very important competition and we need to respect ourselves and our supporters.

"It is nice to think about Wembley. I have my dreams but I continue living realistically. Dreams can arrive this year, in three years, in five years, in 10 years, in 15 years, I don't know.

"Sometimes I have interesting dreams but I'm going to have a real job and real life on Saturday at 3 o'clock. Our obligation, like always, is to try and do a good job and try and win the game."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/january/07/jokanovics-wednesday-preview?

WhiteJC

Carlos plots Owls cup run

Wednesday's focus is back on cup competition this weekend as Fulham return to Hillsborough in the third round of the Emirates FA Cup.

The Owls have a busy schedule of fixtures, with three at home in the space of a week and Carlos Carvalhal has hinted there may be changes on Saturday.

He told swfc.co.uk: "There are players that recover very well and there are players that don't recover so well.

"Each player is different, you have to remember this. Some are more resilient, have more speed, recover better, recover worse and this you must understand.

"I must act with this information.

"There is not a formula. It just depends on the players and their capacity to play."

Having come away from Craven Cottage last weekend with three points, Carlos' side will battle again with the Cottagers for a place in the fourth round.

Having enjoyed some terrific encounters in the League Cup earlier in the campaign, Carvalhal is keen to replicate that in the FA Cup and continued:

"We will put the best players we have available to win the game on Saturday. After, we will do the same on Tuesday and then the same on Saturday.

"If there is a player on the bench or outside the 18, maybe it's because the coach thinks that is best for the team because I want to put out the best team to play."

Read more at http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/carlos-plots-owls-cup-run-2888737.aspx#JqvC2TQmqWLXbq83.99

WhiteJC

Slaviša: Take The Initiative

Although Slaviša Jokanović is searching for defensive answers, the Fulham Head Coach believes playing attacking football is playing to the Whites' strengths.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/january/07/head-coach-video?

WhiteJC

Boro full back expected to join Huddersfield on loan

Middlesbrough manager Aitor Karanka says that he expects left back James Husband to join Championship side Huddersfield Town on loan. The full back spent the first half of the season on loan with Fulham but has struggled to dislodge George Friend from the left back berth.

The 22-year-old has been back at the Riverside Stadium for the past month following the completion of his loan deal at Craven Cottage. There had been talk of him moving back to Fulham for the remainder of the campaign, but the change of management appears to have brought an end to that possibility.

Nevertheless, Karanka says that he expects the former Doncaster Rovers man to link up with David Wagner at Huddersfield Town, mainly because of the positive relationship he has with the coach,

"I think so (Husband to join Huddersfield) because I have a good relationship with the Huddersfield manager.

I like his style and he wants James Husband. It would be a good thing for Hubby to go there because his skills could be good for that team.

He's another player who I like a lot but it's difficult for him because George Friend is playing and it's hard to play in that position.

But Hubby did well at Fulham so we're trying to send him out on loan again."

It is well-documented that the Terriers are in search for a left back after Ben Chilwell returned to Leicester City following the completion of his loan spell recently. Jason Davidson in on the books at John Smith's Stadium but has barely featured since Wagner took charge.

http://the72.co.uk/44259/boro-full-back-expected-to-join-huddersfield-on-loan/?

WhiteJC

3 players that could follow Moussa Dembele out of Fulham this month

New Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic faces a massive task during this month's transfer window, with star forward Moussa Dembele looking set to leave the London club, there are more of his squad that he could be about to lose during this month.

Dembele looks set to join a top club, with Crystal Palace and Manchester United among the candidates to sign the talented striker.

With Fulham struggling in the league they can ill afford for their top players to leave, without bringing some new recruits to help keep Fulham in the Championship.

Fulham are currently 19th in the Championship, just six points above Bristol City and the relegation zone, and Slavisa Jokanovic could face a huge rebuilding task, with many of Fulham's top players being linked with moves away from Craven Cottage.

Ross McCormack

The prolific Striker has been linked with a move away from Craven Cottage well before the Transfer window arrived.

McCormack has scored 15 goals in all competitions in 28 appearances for Fulham this season.

Matt Smith

The 6ft 6 forward may not have scored many goals so far this season, but he is still a major handful for opposition defenders and will surely have interest in his signature this month.

One goal in 13 appearances does not make great reading, with only four of them being starts – and it remains to be seen whether Smith will be a fundamental part of Jokanovic's plans this season.

Bristol City may be keen on the player after a successful loan spell at the end of last term, and they could consider making a move for the forward this month.

Ben Pringle

The attacking left winger, joined in the summer on a free transfer and he has been a bright light supplying the ammunition for strikers Dembele and McCormack, his performances may have caught the eye of several clubs in the Championship.

No formal offers have been made for the  Newcastle born midfielder, but there will undoubtedly be teams in the Championship that are looking for wingers to bolster their squad.

Pringle has scored four goals in 18 games, with only 12 starts, and is a player that can make something happen out of nothing.

Read more at http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/3-players-that-could-follow-moussa-dembele-out-of-fulham-this-month/?#5MfcIO3HWtPVqRiS.99

WhiteJC

Sky Sports pundit makes a confident claim about Ross McCormack

Former Leeds United star Ross McCormack, now at Fulham, has been linked with Middlesbrough and Derby County in the January transfer window.

Former Wolverhampton Wanderers striker Don Goodman has told Sky Sports that Fulham attacker Ross McCormack is one of the three best players in the Championship at the moment.

While claiming that the former Leeds United star is "in the top three players in the Championship", Goodman said: "I don't know what has put Premier League clubs off paying the fee to wrench Ross McCormack away from Fulham; I would not have hesitated because he is a very intelligent player, he scores goals, creates them and is vocal on the pitch.

"I think Fulham would be mad to let him go if they want to build something under a new manager, but if I were a Premier League club I would be very interested in him. I think he would be a guaranteed success in the Premier League."

Goodman seems confident that McCormack is good enough to play in the Premier League.

The 29-year-old Scotsman, who can play as a striker or as a winger, started his professional club football career at Scottish giants Rangers. McCormack then moved to Motherwell before joining Cardiff City, and made his name at Leeds.

During his time at Elland Road from 2010 to 2014, the attacker scored 58 goals in 154 league matches and established himself as one of the best players in the Championship.

McCormack scored 17 goals and created 79 chances in 44 league games for Fulham last season. So far this campaign, the Fulham man has scored 13 goals and created 42 chances in 24 Championship matches.

According to a recent report in The Daily Mail, promotion-chasing Derby County and Middlesbrough are interested in signing the 29-year-old in the January transfer window.

It does not come as a surprise as McCormack is a quality player and has been playing brilliantly this season.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/01/07/sky-sports-pundit-makes-a-confident-claim-about-ross-mccormack/?

WhiteJC

Leeds should attempt to bring Matt Smith back to Elland Road if Kyle Lafferty deal falls through

United have been heavily linked with a move for the Norwich forward during this window, but perhaps they should look at the Fulham striker instead.

With Leeds and Norwich currently struggling to come to an agreement regarding a potential deal that would see Kyle Lafferty move to Elland Road (via Daily Mirror), perhaps it is time that United considered a move for a striker that has some unfinished business with the Championship outfit.

With Fulham's current transfer embargo meaning that the Cottagers are having to work under heavy restrictions when it comes to making additions to their squad (via Get West London), they may well consider letting some of their fringe players move on to create space in their squad to allow them to make some signings to see them through until the end of the season.

With that in mind, Leeds should certainly be considering trying to bring former forward Matt Smith back to the club, who has struggled to hold down a place at Craven Cottage since his departure.

While the idea of recruiting a fringe player from a side that are six places below them in the table may have United fans concerned about the quality of the player they are signing, it is important to remember that, despite sitting 19th, Fulham are the leading goalscorers in the division this term.

Therefore, there is no shame on Smith's part that he cannot break into the side. Moussa Dembele and another former Leeds man Ross McCormack have scored 22 goals between them this season, with the Scotsman's personal total of 13 strikes making him the division's joint top goalscorer.

Smith showed during his spell at Elland Road that he is able to prove his doubters wrong. Making the move from Oldham, the 26-year-old showed that he was capable of making the step up by scoring 12 goals and bagging six assists in 39 Championship appearances in his only full season with the club. That total is all the more impressive given that Smith only started 20 of those games.

He may not be the prolific forward that is going to inspire United to the Premier League on his own, but he would certainly be a useful option for Evans to have.

Smith offers an aerial presence that would be especially useful in this current Leeds side. When he was at the club previously, he was often relying on McCormack dropping slightly deeper and whipping crosses in.

However, the side now boast a cluster of full-backs and wingers that are more than capable of putting in some wonderful crosses, meaning that someone like Smith is certain to get plenty of service.

Chris Wood's current injury arguably proves that Evans needs more depth if he wishes to continue with the current system. Souleymane Doukara looked uncomfortable playing as the sole striker against MK Dons, while Mirco Antenucci has been linked with a move back to Italy (via Yorkshire Post), and Lee Erwin appears no closer to the first-team than when he first arrived.

It makes sense therefore to recruit a forward that is happy to be the target man, either working to finish chances off or using his strength to hold the ball up for the attacking midfielders to run onto.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/01/07/leeds-should-attempt-to-bring-matt-smith-back-to-elland-road-if/?

WhiteJC

Cole Delighted To Stay At Town

Larnell looking to continue his development at Town

Larnell Cole was delighted to extend his loan at Shrewsbury Town: "I spoke to the manager and he wanted me to stay so that's brilliant and I am excited to continue my loan at Shrewsbury. I am learning every day here and I am grateful for the opportunity. Being in this league is a different experience and it is a great challenge. I need to stay fit and as long as I do that I will be happy here."

The midfielder is targeting more goals in the second half of this campaign: "I need to add a few more goals to my game so I am working really hard to try and do that. I have scored here a couple of times and each goals gives you a hunger to score more so I am aiming for a few more goals in this second half of the season. Cardiff will be a chance to play in a big stadium with huge crowds so that is what you look forward to as a footballer."

The 22-year-old is excited about linking up with Jack Grimmer once again who Cole knows from his time at Fulham: "Shrewsbury have been brilliant to me, this is my first proper loan and I have had lots of game time so hopefully I can continue to play and enjoy it. It's nice that Jack has come back here too because I know him well from Fulham. He will bring a lot to the team."

Read more at http://www.shrewsburytown.com/news/article/cole-delighted-to-stay-at-town-2889325.aspx#ZSKhiQPDQQyLOMVE.99

WhiteJC

Grimmer Happy To Be Back

Jack looking forward to helping Town push on

Jack Grimmer was jubilant to be back at Shrewsbury for his second loan spell at The Greenhous Meadow: "I am very grateful for the opportunity that the manager has given me. I just want to come here and fight for my place and win as many games as possible. I was lucky to go back to Fulham and play quite a bit but this season I have only played one 90 minute game as I have been injured so I am very grateful for Shrewsbury giving me the chance to come here and get some game time. Hopefully we can turn the season around and get the club higher up the table where I believe they belong. Since I have arrived here I have been made to feel very welcome just like last time. I obviously know quite a few of the boys and that makes the move a lot easier."

The defender feels back to full fitness and is confident he can improve the squad: "I have managed to get a few weeks training under my belt so I am raring to go. The manager spoke a lot about getting pacy players in and I want to come here and use that to good effect. I want to keep the defence tight and help create as many goals as I can. This afternoon will be my first training session but I am hoping to be selected for Sunday. The game would give me a brilliant chance to show everyone what I can do."

The 21-year-old showed gratitude to the fans who are excited about Grimmer returning to Shrewsbury: "I was overwhelmed by all the support from the fans. Last season they were brilliant with me and yesterday I had such an amazing reception from the supporters when they found out I was returning. It does add a bit of pressure because fans will be expecting me to hit the ground running like I did last time but I don't mind the pressure it will motivate me."

Read more at http://www.shrewsburytown.com/news/article/grimmer-happy-to-be-back-2889334.aspx#SPGqYjk2DgwfGpIJ.99

WhiteJC

Taggart and Maclaren eyeing goals for Olyroos

One is a former Hyundai A-League goal-machine, the other is a current A-League goal-machine. Together Adam Taggart and Jamie Maclaren hope they'll provide the Olyroos a cutting edge in Qatar.

Fulham striker Taggart believes his partnership his mate from Brisbane Roar Maclaren could be the crucial element the Olyroos need to book their ticket to this year's Rio Olympic Games later this year.

The pair is set to form a speedy and lethal attacking combination at next week's 16-team AFC U-23 Championship in Qatar.

The tournament doubles as the qualifiers for Rio 2016, so needless to say, Australia will be hoping the pair hit a purple patch in Doha.

"Me and Jamie's main focus is on scoring goals and it will be nice to link up and have that attacking force and have a direct way of going forward against these teams," Taggart told www.footballaustralia.com.au on Thursday.

"It's another element we can add to our game as a team.

"We're expected to win and sometimes [being direct] is going to be the better option. It would be really good if we can do that and if the opportunity comes I'm sure we'll both relish it."

The Olyroos' group games in Doha:
• UAE next Thursday January 14
• Vietnam January 17
• Jordan January 20

The Olyroos are currently in a week-long training camp in Dubai and are set to fly to Qatar on Sunday.

Taggart admits he's excited to be back in amongst the group of which the core has been together for the last five years.

The Fulham striker admits he's endured a "tough transition" in Europe over the last 18 months but says it's given him a lift to see so many of his Olyroos team-mates doing well at club level.

Leading the way is Maclaren, who is in the best nick of his career having scored seven goals for Hyundai A-League leaders Brisbane Roar.

"He's [Maclaren] had some tough times with the start of his career in the A-League so it's nice to see a mate doing well and scoring goals," Taggart said.

"There's no better feeling than scoring goals each week so I'm happy for him and hopefully he can continue it and show everyone his qualities in the A-League."

"It's always good to see everyone progressing in their own individual and coming together for such an important tournament at this important time is exciting for all of us,"  the Fulham attacker added.

With the majority of Aurelio Vidmar's squad to be too old to remain in the Olyroos set up following the Olympic, this will be the last campaign this group will be together.

That's motivation enough for Taggart to make every day count over the next couple of weeks to ensure the side qualify for Rio.
"We all know how special it's going to be in Brazil," Taggart said.

"I was lucky enough to experience it before [at the World Cup in 2014] and the culture over there and how football crazy that place is, the experience that all of us will be able to get if we make it will be really good.

"At the same time we can't get too far ahead of ourselves. There's a lot of talk about qualifying but the most important thing is to focus on each day.

"We have to make sure we're improving in training, make sure we get the most out of each session because if we don't do that and only think about qualifying it will turn our biting us in the butt."

Read more at http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/article/adam-taggart-and-jamie-maclaren-eyeing-goals-for-olyroos/1txh3eqh0f0rq1xvuiieilynxt#3aKzTHUvT7WdQ7G2.99

WhiteJC

Klopp keen to bolster Liverpool's forward line with Fulham's Dembele

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is believed to be a huge fan of Fulham striker Moussa Dembele, who continues to edge closer to an exit from Craven Cottage.

Dembele – no relation to his namesake at Tottenham – has been in blistering form in the Championship this season, scoring nine goals in 22 appearances for a team currently struggling for form and sitting 19th in the table.

The 19-year-old has been in west London since 2013 but is enjoying a fine breakthrough season in 2015/16 and has subsequently attracted interest from a number of clubs around Europe.

Klopp sealed his first signing as Reds boss this week after finally getting a deal for Red Star Belgrade midfielder Marko Grujic over the line and the German is said to be a big admirer of Dembele according to the Mirror, whose contract at Fulham is up at the end of the campaign.

Liverpool are seeking more options in attack with the likes of Daniel Sturridge, Danny Ings and Philippe Coutinho all suffering with injuries this term and they have reportedly identified the Cottagers' 19-year-old starlet as a target, according to the report.

With Birmingham's Demarai Gray moving to Leicester this week, Moussa Dembele is currently the best-performing teenager in the Championship.

The teenager's precarious contract situation means he is not short of offers though, with the likes of Juventus and Manchester United keeping tabs, per the Daily Mail, whilst Get French Football News believe that Roma have already offered him a pre-contract deal to move to Italy.

Fulham's new manager Slavisa Jokanovic insisted this week that Dembele is not up for sale this January, per the Mirror, as the Cottagers look to hold onto their prize asset until the summer, at which point they could be resigned to losing him on a free transfer for next to nothing.

Read more at http://www.squawka.com/news/klopp-keen-to-bolster-forward-line-with-fulhams-dembele/565989#EmEBww6BLIBvGVmY.99

WhiteJC

Match Day Officials - Wednesday Vs Fulham FA Cup Round Three

The FA have now announced the Match Day officials that will take charge of our game against Fulham in the FA Cup on Saturday January 9th.

Sheffield Wednesday v Fulham
Referee - Gavin Ward
Assistant Referees - Matthew Dicicco & Alan Clayton
Fourth Official - Peter Wright

Match Referee Ward is set to take charge of his second Wednesday game this season after taking charge of the Owls visit to Charlton. He has so far taken charge of 19 games this 2015/16 season and handed out a total of 69 yellow cards and sent off two players. he may well not meet Sam Hutchinson this week due to the Owls priority on the league and he has predominately taking charge of Championship and League One fixtures so far this season.

http://www.sheffwed.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=429176

WhiteJC

Spurs and Manchester United told to forget bids for impressive Championship striker

Moussa Dembele of Fulham (Photo by Clive Rose/Getty Images)

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic confirms he has no plans to sell Moussa Dembele this month.

The striker has found some impressive form this term and is attracting interest from Spurs, Palace, Manchester United and PSG.

Out of contract in the summer, Dembele has a big decision to make but at this time it looks unlikely to he will sign a new deal.

Reports this week suggested Moncao and Roma have already been in contact with the striker, as they can now talk to him six months before his contract expires.

Jokanovic admits he doesn't want to sell his key players though and that he is even looking to bolster the squad despite a transfer embargo.

"I want to keep my key players and not sell," Jokanovic said.

"We are looking for the loan market because of the transfer embargo, that's it. I don't want to sell our key players."

Read more at: http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/tottenham/spurs_and_manchester_united_told_to_forget_bids_for_impressive_championship_striker_1_4371901
Copyright © LONDON24