official now we can concentrate on the league thread

Started by alexmur, January 09, 2016, 05:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexmur

sure it's only the cup

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Buffalo76

ron

Let the foxes start saying that the grapes hanging from the cup were probably sour anyway, and that the league is the most important thing......

On the other hand.......

Oh for a decent run in the cup one of these years. The continuing gloom of recent seasons lit by firecracker displays on cup days to cheer us all up. But I was forgetting where I was for a moment.....

Baszab

Yeah - it's great news - and as a fan I'm delighted

westcliff white

TBH couldn't care about the cup result today, a win would have been nice but mainly I wanted to see an improved performance and one where we could see Joka's ideas coming into the team play, and today it seems we saw that, lost too two good strikes, Bannan's in particular.
Every day is a Fulham day

Hoppus

Again excuse my English, I am Norwegian.

I am also really tired of these bad results, but I am also very happy we finally got a decent manager and I really hope we can give him time to prove himself. When Jokanovic came to Fulham he knew we had a transfer embargo, so his job now is to get to know the team and find out what we need for the next transfer window (summer 2016). If we perform like this in October 2016 I would also be unhappy with the guy, but please be patient and don't blame him for the mistakes made by the board the last two years.

Nose, Lighthouse and all the others: Don't misunderstand; you can criticize Jokanovic all day long if you want to. I am not an expert, I just want to be patient and give the guy some time. Our current squad is not good enough, we all know that. Jokanovic got his style of play, and need to be given time to sign players that fit his football.

westcliff white

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 09, 2016, 05:57:07 PM
I have heard it all now, so losing again is good for the club the team and the supporters, I suppose all the supporters who made the trip up there today we're all pleased we lost and couldn't care less either. What a marvellous attitude, what strange aspirations to have.
Do you think the manager couldn't care less and is as chuffed, I think not.
If that is at my comment, I think your misunderstanding me to a degree. I was more concerned with how we played today, if we are changing the style and Joka's instructions and methods coming thru, we aren't going to win the cup so for me the result was less important. I never said losing was good for the club., I always on the tipping league put us down for a win or draw at worse never go against us
Every day is a Fulham day

peaty

Quote from: Hoppus on January 09, 2016, 05:58:50 PM

I am also really tired of these bad results, but I am also very happy we finally got a decent manager and I really hope we can give him time to prove himself. When Jokanovic came to Fulham he knew we had a transfer embargo, so his job now is to get to know the team and find out what we need for the next transfer window (summer 2016). If we perform like this in October 2016 I would also be unhappy with the guy, but please be patient and don't blame him for the mistakes made by the board the last two years.

Nose, Lighthouse and all the others: Don't misunderstand; you can criticize Jokanovic all day long if you want to. I am not an expert, I just want to be patient and give the guy some time. Our current squad is not good enough, we all know that. Jokanovic got his style of play, and need to be given time to sign players that fit his football.

You're right, we need to be patient. And your English is very good!

Lighthouse

The only thing we can say without going over old ground. Is we played better than we have done for a while. Very frustrating and after a run of so many games with only one win. I do wonder if this will ever end.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HV71

Quote from: peaty on January 09, 2016, 06:49:08 PM
Quote from: Hoppus on January 09, 2016, 05:58:50 PM

You're right, we need to be patient. And your English is very good!
[/

Well said -both of you.

I didn't go today but listened to the commentary. I know he can be biased but Gentleman Jim certainly thought we were a lot better today and that we bossed the game for long periods - particularly in the second half. In fact but for a couple of missed chances we might have won. The manager has to try different things under real match conditions as this squad is basically all he has got. We have to be patient, he needs time to evaluate fully what he has to work with.

dannyboi-ffc

Why do I keep reading fans saying "I wish we would have a good cup run one of these years". We did reach a European final and to date hold the record for most games played in order to get to the Europa League final. That was only 5 years ago.

We are now a championship side and how many championship sides make the semi finals of the FA Cup? 1 every 2 years, if that.

It's a disappointing result and we all naturally dream of winning a cup one day. But can we really complain about lack of cup runs given the Europa League.  Why should we have a good cup run? By rights you make the last 16 and then you have to be extremely lucky to avoid prem teams and we shouldn't be expecting to beat any of those.

I moan constantly about teams like Liverpool and Arsenal who moan about lack of major trophies as if they have some God given right. And 3 quarter finals in 4 years dating back to the time we were on route to Hamburg is stuff clubs in league two can only dream of.

We may be failing as a club but come on let's be realistic. A win would have been fantastic and we should be playing our best team to win every match but Sheff Wed away wasn't an easy game and it sounded like we were getting better. 

I would rather us slowly develop into Jokanovic's mould then have a new manager bounce and then slip away again. The players have no confidence and it's Joka's job to rectify that somehow.

Hopefully one day we do get to Wembley again, that would be the most special thing. It'll beat premier league football for me every time.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: ron on January 09, 2016, 05:18:28 PM
Let the foxes start saying that the grapes hanging from the cup were probably sour anyway, and that the league is the most important thing......

On the other hand.......

Oh for a decent run in the cup one of these years. The continuing gloom of recent seasons lit by firecracker displays on cup days to cheer us all up. But I was forgetting where I was for a moment.....

Wow Ron!

Quoting from Aesop's Fables

Good on you sir!

& now time to climb that league table

Exit Snagglepuss stage left - "who threw that lantern, who threw that lantern?"

Lighthouse

Just watched brief highlights on the BBC. Ross missed a chance he would normally score as did Dembele and a few others. Two good Wednesday goals. So despite the gloom I feel we were a might unlucky.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope