https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jokanovic post match reaction

Started by Lighthouse, January 09, 2016, 08:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Jokanović Reaction
Saturday 9 January 2016 17:45

Slaviša Jokanović was disappointed after watching his Fulham side squander a hatful of chances in Saturday's FA Cup defeat by Sheffield Wednesday.

A Barry Bannan wonder strike and Atdhe Nuhiu volley either side of Moussa Dembélé's equaliser earned progression for the Owls with their only efforts on target, while the Whites saw a number of golden opportunities pass them by.

"We played very good football for 70 minutes but missed many chances," Jokanović admitted. "It's always disappointing. We played a good game against Sheffield in our stadium for 60 minutes [last week] but generally at the end of the game we are without energy.

"We are without power, and we aren't in a position to change our situation in the last 20 minutes. We need to push ourselves."

Dembélé looked as though he was set to put the Whites in front just after the restart when he connected with Jazz Richards' cross, but his close range header was brilliantly saved by Joe Wildsmith.

And when asked if that was the turning point in the game, Jokanović replied: "It could be, but before this situation and after this situation we missed many, many chances.

"In my opinion we played better football for 70 minutes. They were very clinical – they scored a fantastic first goal and then in the right moment they scored a second, and that's it.

"This situation happens in football. We missed many chances. We need to play with more confidence. I believe Fulham can play good football.

"If you are in a situation like us and you are in some kind of problem, all the missed chances can affect our confidence. But we need to be strong and we need to push.

"We are not in our best moment but it's important we recuperate and get back to what we believe is our level. We play in a game on Tuesday [at Wolverhampton Wanderers] and it's important we fight for the points."

For the second week in a row, Wednesday opened the scoring against Fulham in sensational style.

"Sometimes this happens," Jokanović said. "They scored a fantastic goal and I am not very happy but people come to the stadium to watch this kind of goal. This is part of football. We will keep going to try and change our situation."
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Baszab

Onwards and upwards then

Can't get any worse

Only Hull away next anyway

Fulham76

Quote from: Baszab on January 09, 2016, 08:53:39 PM
Onwards and upwards then

Can't get any worse

We've already lost up there! Got them at home in a few games time. Regardless, I don't see us winning again this month & our first game next month is against Derby... Followed by a trip to the ha ha's

Wearethewhites

Onwards and upwards then

Can't get any worse

What? We've Wolves and Huddersfield away next, before a home game with Hull. If I was Jokanovic, I'd be targeting a minimum of 4 points from that lot.

Fulham76

Quote from: Wearethewhites on January 09, 2016, 09:34:06 PM
Onwards and upwards then

Can't get any worse

What? We've Wolves and Huddersfield away next, before a home game with Hull. If I was Jokanovic, I'd be targeting a minimum of 4 points from that lot.

We'll be very lucky to get 4 points from them 3 games. They're all above us, (I know not many teams aren't!). Wolves are on form, winning their last 3 league games, Huddersfield will be too tough for us & hull pushing for automatic promotion. Just can't see a win from either of those 3.

Baszab

er... that will be the 5 games everyone talks about then to sort us out

west kowloon white

One said it took him 5 matches to sort Watford out- not everyone .
For gods sake give him time.

Oakeshott

"but generally at the end of the game we are without energy."

Given that we no longer have an elderly squad, this is surely saying that the team isn't fit enough, something that J should be able to remedy reasonably quickly. If so a poor legacy of Kit's time as manager and perhaps explains why we often concede late goals.

davew

Onwards and upwards then

Can't get any worse

I would settle for 1 point.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

filham

Onwards and upwards then

Can't get any worse

He will do well to take a point from that lot , we are running into a tough fixture list at a bad time and could pay dearly for the delay in appointing the new Head Coach.

Joka. could soon find himself in a serious relegation battle with players, chosen by others, that will find things not at all to their liking.                                                         

jarv

No point complaining any more. He has inherited a team which cannot defend (goals against in last 3 years confirms that) and according to many on here, lacks a captain on the field. Neither can be fixed because of transfer embargo so let's all just hope the lads keep playing well and nick a few unexpected results.

davew

If Ross and Moussa leave at least that will allow the opportunity to play 2 more defenders. I just hope the teams below us don't start picking up points or we will more than likely finish in the bottom 3.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)