more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

David Bowie - RIP

Started by WhiteJC, January 11, 2016, 11:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

KingsRoadStar

Terrible news, another legend taken by cancer. RIP.

westcliff white

I was never a massive fan, probably only like 3 maybe 4 of his songs, one being the clip above.

Still a shame. RIP
Every day is a Fulham day

PokerMatt

RIP Bowie.

But what a life. You have to go a long way to find a better song than Life On Mars in my opinion.

One of the few artists to bring together generations of music fans - there will never be another Bowie.

9739.gif
Follow me: @mattdjourno

love4ffc

Love his music and will sad to hear of this.  RIP Ziggy! 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Mince n Tatties

Lighthouse

Great versatility and crossing so many years and songs. One doesn't have to be a fan to realise what a wonderful writer and performer he was. It is becoming very empty of talent down here.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Domino 1879

Saw him live at Earls Court - Station to Station tour.
No warm up act, just performed for two and a half hours.
He was mesmeric.

hovewhite

sad when your musical heroes head off for the starman in the sky R.I.P DAVID.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Genuinely gutted when I heard this morning. Only 35 but the Labyrinth is a childhood film. Plus his music is class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

st andrews

The best live singer ive seen. Wont be another like him.never made a bad record ,way above todays muppets.
Singer , song writer and actor, the man could do it all. Great loss
RIP DAVY JONES

colinwhite

Amazing artist .Very sad about his passing .RIP David

jarv

Sad news. Every time I read about another passing of my generation, I see my youth disappear a little further in the distance. Never bought much of his music but liked most of it.

Baszab

I see my youth disappear a little further in the distance

Bloody hell that's depressing - worse to think about than 1 win in 10 since KS sacked

RaySmith

Lemmy and David Bowie going in within a couple of weeks of each other - both as English as a cup of tea.

Bowie was massively influential and talented, and also someone who probably wouldn't make it in today's music industry - with several goes at it before he found success, and probably nor would Lemmy either - both were true originals.

But Bowie's songs will resonate down the years for future generations - RIP.

malc

The words Genius and Legend are ridiculously overused these days but David Bowie was both of these,his music was the soundtrack to my youth. I remember when punk rock was at it's zenith a reviewer on one of the music papers wrote "there's new wave,there's old wave and then there's David Bowie",that sums him up for me-a complete one-off.RIP Ziggy

Burt

*sigh*

Another hero from my yoof passes away...

RIP to a true legend  :Haynes The Maestro:

NogoodBoyo

No doubt he was a total legend - right around the world.  Rightly so too as nearly everything he did was totally original and classy.
The strange thing is that when he was a struggling young artist, he used to hang out in Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese just off Fleet Street (Boswell and Johnson's local but a bit of a tourist pub by then).  He spent many hours talking to the landlord, a man with a wicked sense of humour, thin legs and a bowling ball belly. 
Nogood "strange bed-fellows, isit" Boyo

St Eve

Massive fan. Very sad news

beijing ben

There is a picture of Bowie on the front of the Global Times newspaper in Beijing today. If it's the main news here then it must be about a world famous star. Very unusual to have a foreigner on the front page here.

A true musical tightrope walker that never lost his balance..