watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Blackpools Fulham Hell?

Started by os5889, August 07, 2010, 09:17:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

So Blackpool are allowing the dreaded vuvuzela at Bloomfield Road, indeed they are encouraging them. Although they may prove a fad we have the dubious honour of being the first visitors to their quaint seaside home and as such you can guarantee their population of inebriated chickens and does will be keen to honk their horns in the name of "atmosphere".

What affect will this have on the boys? Will we just suck it up and play through it? Will we slump to defeat inspiring the tangerines on a Hull-esque run?

Should it be allowed? Should we take vuvzelas too?

Your thoughts Gents and not forgetting the occasional lady?

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

the vuvzelas issue is a hard one to work out,I'm not against them in priciple but if someone sat behind me blows one down my ear for 90 minutes I would want them removed or my money back :013:
The Wolves manager Mick McCarthy said that he expects them to last only till the bad weather starts, and then they will be forgotten because a) they will freeze onto your lips and b) you can't blow a vuvzela and drink Bovril at the same time :dft012:

os5889

I think that was partly my point Mr Syd, I'd seen the Mcarthy interview and agree entirely with him that they wont be popular come mid November, the issue I do have with these blasted horns is that we're going to be the first victims of their impact.
By the time fourth or fifth game of the season the league or all the Blackpool fans will be deaf and fed up with them and the will be banned but it will be too late we may have dropped points due to players distracted and in pain from their infernal racket!
Three points lost there could make a huge impact on our season!

TheDaddy

It will be a passing fad like skateboards and action man i don't use either now !  :011:
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

HatterDon

I've never had the "pleasure" of attending a sporting event along with several thousand folks blowing vuvuzelas and, thereby, creating ear pollution, BUT, I have had the severe displeasure of being in sports arenas that featured clappers. They were also irritating and distracting. Fulham used to distribute them to their supporters to make irritating and distracting noises from our own terraces. Was there this much of an uproar over clappers? Just asking.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

richardhkirkando

I don't understand why so many clubs have banned vuvuzelas.  Do they think people will actually bring them?  I could see maybe a handful of fans bringing one as a joke, but I can't imagine it would last long.

It could be worse - they could be bringing thundersticks.

Jimpav

It's worth remembering that Blackpool themselves will be new to the Vusuvela also. I don't expect  it to spur on either side because it's not the same as having 5000 fans chanting you on. It's just an irritation- whether you play in Orange or White.

richie17

Quote from: HatterDon on August 08, 2010, 06:07:34 AM
I've never had the "pleasure" of attending a sporting event along with several thousand folks blowing vuvuzelas and, thereby, creating ear pollution, BUT, I have had the severe displeasure of being in sports arenas that featured clappers. They were also irritating and distracting. Fulham used to distribute them to their supporters to make irritating and distracting noises from our own terraces. Was there this much of an uproar over clappers? Just asking.

Completely different, Don.  The Clappers, while not to everyone's taste, made a far more 'natural' sound.   The vuvzelas are impossible to filter out and ruin the watching experience if you are unlucky enough to be sitting near to them.  Clappers are annoying in the same way that 'goal music' is annoying, not so much because of the aural pollution.