https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Marcello Trotta

Started by Robertw, January 14, 2016, 09:35:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robertw

simplyfulham

Get out of here.

Trots signing for Juventus. Hoesen signed for Ajax. Whatever next?!

Tankovic for Real Madrid?
Frei for Barcelona??
Smalling for Manchester United.... Oh wait

cmg

Good old Marcello!
My favourite "He's useless. He never does anything....er, except score goals" player.

Actually he may even be in danger of losing that tag. Not only does he have a decent 9 goals in 21 Serie B and Cup matches, but he is also credited with a useful 5 assists.

I have no idea of the standard of Serie B but I can't imagine it being notably inferior to the Championship. I know that the complex structure means that virtually every club is in contention for either promotion or relegation (sometimes both!).

FPT

Possibly the best Fulham youngster to not get a run of games? Patrick Roberts did feature in 9 of our first 11 matches of last season but just two starts, Muamer Tankovic played 6 from his January debut to his leaving in that May after not wishing to stay at Fulham.

Marcello was as good a goalscorer at academy level as I've seen and it's probably Moussa with the both the U18s and U21s that tops him in the around 8 years I've been taking an interest in our academy. I would've liked to have seen more involved and tasting more football with us at some point but alas. Best of luck to him at Sassuolo/Juventus - would like to think we retained a sell on clause or something as the ability to find the back of the net was always there.

What we are starting to see though is the growing of a portfolio that will make our academy known as one of the best in the country. We all know what it is, but we want to get people talking about the quality of player that we produce - since Sept 2013 Fulham have seen 19 debutants, some have left to 'better things,' some have left for 'lesser things' but 13 are still contracted to the football club.

nose

I never saw him play to the best of my knowledge.
The term 'just a goalscorer' is interesting. If you watch players like Gerd muller, denis law, england's gary linekar and even Ian rush, those 'just a goalscorers' also had amazing work ethic/rate when you saw play and their team was attacking,  they were constantly on the move anticipating where the ball was going or trying to create space for themselves and keeping the defenders guessing.

Just hanging about the penalty spot for the odd tap in is quite a different thing. Having not seen marcello I cannot comment on how he fits in to this but i suspect if Juve are really interested in him, he must have something about him. On the other hand, if both we and Brentford didn't want him, maybe he is just a tap in merchant.

MJG

Quote from: nose on January 15, 2016, 01:07:47 PM
The term 'just a goalscorer' is interesting. If you watch players like Gerd muller, denis law, england's gary linekar and even Ian rush, those 'just a goalscorers' also had amazing work ethic/rate when you saw play and their team was attacking,  they were constantly on the move anticipating where the ball was going or trying to create space for themselves and keeping the defenders guessing.

Just hanging about the penalty spot for the odd tap in is quite a different thing. Having not seen marcello I cannot comment on how he fits in to this but i suspect if Juve are really interested in him, he must have something about him. On the other hand, if both we and Brentford didn't want him, maybe he is just a tap in merchant.
I think it's modern player issues. Everyone has to be a glorified attacking midfielder. Just goalscorers are looked down. Rhodes.... Just scores goals doesn't offer anything else. Defoe the same. These players can  win games,  they are key and sadly being overlooked at times.

love4ffc

Quote from: MJG on January 15, 2016, 02:30:44 PM
Quote from: nose on January 15, 2016, 01:07:47 PM

I think it's modern player issues. Everyone has to be a glorified attacking midfielder. Just goalscorers are looked down. Rhodes.... Just scores goals doesn't offer anything else. Defoe the same. These players can  win games,  they are key and sadly being overlooked at times.

This  0001.jpeg
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?