more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (15/01/16)...

Started by WhiteJC, January 15, 2016, 07:58:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

QPR Away Tickets

Fulham travel to Loftus Road next month to take on Queens Park Rangers in a lunchtime kick-off on Saturday 13th February, 12:30pm.

Owing to expected demand, the Club have taken the maximum allocation available, with tickets priced at £27 for adults and from £12 for under-18s in the lower tier, and £32 for adults and £15 for juniors in the upper tier. Under-8s can attend this fixture for free in certain blocks, however must be accompanied by a paying adult.

Tickets for the London derby will go on sale from 10am on Monday 18th January, with seats for this fixture sold on a loyalty points basis, with on sale dates listed below.

Seats will be sold from the central blocks outwards, with Restricted View tickets sold last, once all standard allocation has sold out. A seating plan of Loftus Road can be viewed here.

Supporters are advised that this fixture will be all ticket - no tickets will be available to purchase on matchday.

Date   Who
Monday 18th January   Season Ticket Holders and Members   600 or more
Tuesday 19th January   Season Ticket Holders and Members   550
Wednesday 20th January   Season Ticket Holders and Members   500
Thursday 21st January   Season Ticket Holders and Members   400
Friday 22nd January   Season Ticket Holders and Members   200
Monday 25th January   Season Ticket Holders and Members   100
Tuesday 26th January   Season Ticket Holders and Members    All
Wednesday 27th January   General Sale   N/A

Back the boys at Loftus Road - COYW!

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/january/14/qpr-away?

WhiteJC

Arsenal should hijack Tottenham Hotspur's transfer move for Fulham star Moussa Dembele

Moussa Dembele is expected to leave Fulham at the end of the season (Picture: Getty Images)

As if having one Mousa Dembele at your club isn't enough, Tottenham Hotspur are said to be the favourites with the bookies to land another as they are linked with a transfer move for Fulham's 19-year-old front man who bears the same name as the midfielder they already employ.

This one, however, comes with an extra 'S' in his name, just so there's no confusion. Obviously.

Out of contract in the summer, Dembele is said to have also attracted the attentions of Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester United, Everton, Aston Villa, Monaco and Crystal Palace.

The Gunners have fallen away on the gossip pages recently, but don't rule them out just yet.

Dembele would seem to be the perfect Arsene Wenger signing when you look at him. He's young, French and available on a free.

He would also come accustomed to life in England and already settled in London.

About the only thing going against him on first glance is the fact that he is a forward and not an attacking midfielder.

With 11 goals and two assists in all competitions this season, including the Championship where he has played in all but two of Fulham's 26 games this season, he's not exactly pulling up trees.

However, the raw talent is there for people to see and under the tutelage of Le Professuer he would surely blossom.

Dembele's agent recently met with Monaco to discuss a move but, should Arsenal develop their interest in the player who signed for The Cottagers in 2012 from Paris

Saint-Germain, they would surely offer an extremely attractive package the French under-20 star.

Able to play as a centre forward or on either flank and with a strong eye for the finish, he's a player just waiting to be moulded by the right manager.

Will that be Wenger or Mauricio Pocchetino? We'll find out for sure in the summer.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/14/arsenal-should-hijack-tottenham-hotspurs-transfer-move-for-fulham-star-moussa-dembele-5620868/#ixzz3xIX8AvES

WhiteJC

Fulham boss says side doesn't know what it's meant to be doing

Whites gaffer will issue 'confused' side with simple instructions ahead of clash with Huddersfield and dismisses comparisons with previous club Watford

Direction: Slavisa Jokanovic

Slavisa Jokanovic thinks he's nailed the reason Fulham are hit and miss this season.

The fourth man in charge since August and the seventh in two years, believes the stuttering Whites have no real guide as to what they should be doing on the pitch.

The no-nonsense Serb believes his first task is to sort that out.

He said: "They need someone to tell them exactly what they're going to do on the field.

"Right now, they are a little bit 'confused' – and need to get simple instructions."

Jokanovic reckons sins of the past will take time to be erased and any comparison with former club Watford is null and void, according to the man in charge.

"Watford is part of my history, but they are two different clubs; two different organisations," he said.

"Watford made a team over the last three years and made the important move in the summer (to the Premier League).

"Fulham didn't have the same situation. In front of us is half a job.

"My dream is to have time to do the same as Watford. But I live in the real time and it's always what's next."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-boss-says-side-doesnt-10732292?

WhiteJC

Five key quotes from Fulham press conference with Slavisa Jokanovic

A quick overview of the media briefing by Whites boss ahead of clash with Huddersfield - full stories to follow

Looking ahead: Slavisa Jokanovic

Fulham's boss was quizzed on a number of topics at the Whites training ground - and here is a snapshot of Slavisa Jokanovic's replies.

On finding a replacement for stricken forward Cauley Woodrow
Woodrow out for the rest of the season? It could be true. We are trying to be stronger in this position and are looking in the loan market. We are halfway through January and we are taking steps to get someone in the next week or so who can help us.

On speculation linking hot property Moussa Dembele with a move during the transfer window.
I have a TV in my hotel room, and I see and read all these stories, but I'm not interested.

One in and one out: Cauley Woodrow is injured and Steve Sidwell (R) could be on his way back to Fulham

Steve Sidwell to Fulham on loan from Stoke City?
I'm not going to talk about individual names, but right now we need players with character and experience.

On what is needed to end a barren run
After the last three games, people can detect I'm here and can see changes.

If you ask me am I going to put Moussa Dembele and Ross McCormack always in defence? It's no. But we have to try and keep clean sheets but we also need to be brave, and I have to be bold with what I have in my hands.

Fulham are a 'confused team
It's not a surprise the team is confused. They had to wait 49 days for a new direction (manager).

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/five-key-quotes-fulham-press-10734896?

WhiteJC

Jokanović's Huddersfield Preview

Slaviša Jokanović believes he has seen improvements in his Fulham team since taking charge, but admitted that counts for little having suffered three defeats in a row.

"I've been here two weeks," he said. "After a few games we made some improvements, we pushed to be a little bit more organised, a little bit more compact, a little bit more competitive, but in this moment this is not enough to win the games and we cannot be satisfied.

"I believe we have improved, I believe we've found a little bit more balance, I believe we have a more clear idea of what we need to do in the field. But it's simple, in this moment it is not enough to win the game.

"If someone had the opportunity to watch our three games they probably can detect that I am here. I want to play a little bit differently and I'm going to try and push my team to follow these plans."

The Whites' next outing seems them travel to the John Smith's Stadium to face an in-form Huddersfield Town on Saturday afternoon.

The Terriers' form has picked up recently under new head coach David Wagner, and Jokanović is a fan of how he's got his side playing, stating: "Huddersfield is a good team, a team who want to play the football, who start from the back and build up.

"With a new coach it's a little bit different to how they played last season. They made a fantastic result [a 5-0 win on Tuesday] against Charlton.

"It's the Championship, easy games don't exist and I'm not expecting anything to be easy for us, but we'll arrive with confidence that we can do what we need to win the game.

"We must believe we are a good team, we must work all together. Okay, we need to improve, definitely, and I'm going to push my team.

"I came here because I believe I can be successful here. It's a great club with a great history and I'm going to push myself to be a part of the great Fulham history."

Cauley Woodrow will be out of contention for the immediate future as he continues his rehabilitation from a metatarsal injury, and Jokanović admitted he is looking to add to his forward line in response.

"We are thinking about some options to be stronger in this position," he stated. "We are thinking about the loan market and about people who can help us in the future. We are going to continue looking and try to improve this position.

"Half the January window is done and we have not made steps. I expect next week we can make some important steps for us and bring some players who can help us in the future. We need players with character, with personality, with experience."

On the subject of strikers, Jokanović was quizzed yet again on the stories linking Ross McCormack and Moussa Dembélé with moves away from Craven Cottage.

"I don't want to speak about speculation," he said. "I said before in my first press conference I did not come here to sell people. I came here to work with the people that I have in my hands actually right now.

"I am going to fight to not lose any key players. Our strikers have had a good season and I did not come here with the ambition of selling these players."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/january/14/jokanovics-huddersfield-preview?

WhiteJC

Tottenham in talks with Fulham over signing teenage forward Moussa Dembele
Mauricio Pochettino is closing in on Fulham forward Moussa Dembele
The 19-year-old Frenchman has impressed scoring 11 times this season
A Spurs youngster could go to Craven Cottage as part of the deal
Move for Dembele means Saido Berahino transfer is further in doubt

Tottenham have opened talks with Fulham over a proposed player-plus-cash move for highly-rated forward Moussa Dembele.

The White Hart Lane club have made the capture of a new forward a January priority - with manager Mauricio Pochettino keen to take the goalscoring burden off Harry Kane.

And Spurs have made their move for the 19-year-old, with the Cottagers now formally aware of their intention to land Dembele this month.

Fulham's French teenager Moussa Dembele could be on his way to White Hart Lane this month

Spurs have informed Fulham they are willing to let one of their youngsters head in the opposite direction as a potential sweetener.

Fulham director of football Mike Rigg is currently weighing up which Spurs fringe players could form part of the proposed deal.

Spurs' need for a new striker was underlined on Wednesday night as they slumped to a surprise home defeat to fellow high-fliers Leicester.

West Bromwich Albion striker Saido Berahino remains a target for Spurs, but the move for Dembele places further doubt on the protracted transfer.

Dembele would go straight into Pochettino's first team squad if a transfer is successful.

The 19-year-old Frenchman joined Fulham as a youngster from PSG in 2012 where he won the Premier Academy League with the youth side in his first season.

Dembele made his Premier League debut as a 17-year-old when he came on as a substitute against West Ham in November 2013.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3399520/Tottenham-talks-Fulham-signing-teenage-forward-Moussa-Dembele.html#ixzz3xIZe1S2l
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WhiteJC

Fulham scouting report: Can Jokanovic plug the gaps in The Whites' defence?

Much has changed since Huddersfield Town last faced the Cottagers

LONDON, ENGLAND - JANUARY 02: Slavisa Jokanovic the Fulham Head Coach looks on before the Sky Bet Championship match between Fulham and Sheffield Wednesday at Craven Cottage on January 2, 2016 in London, England. (Photo by Ker Robertson/Getty Images)

Last August, Cauley Woodrow salvaged a point for Fulham with a last minute equaliser to deny Huddersfield Town a famous win in west London.

That goal means that Town's search for a first win against the Cottagers since 1993 continues - but it has been all change for both sides since their last meeting at the beginning of the season. Both clubs are under new management, with Town going from strength to strength under

David Wagner, the man who has provided the injection of excitement that the Terriers craved.

Meanwhile, the jury is still out on Slavisa Jokanovic, who was only appointed as Fulham Head Coach on 27 December after Kit Symons was sacked in early November. The new man ended a winless run of nine matches with a debut victory against Rotherham, but the Whites have now lost their last three on the bounce, going down to Sheffield Wednesday in both league and FA Cup as well as losing to Wolves on Tuesday night.

However, Jokanovic has proven Championship pedigree after guiding Watford to automatic promotion last term and has two top quality strikers to work with.

Ross McCormack needs little introduction in these parts following his spell at Leeds United, and he already has 14 league goals to his name this season.

Meanwhile, Moussa Dembele is attracting attention from the Premier League and across the continent with his current contract due to expire in the summer.

Still only 19, the forward is closing in on half a century of appearances for the club's first team, and has nine goals this season so far. Playing in an advanced position, all of those strikes have come from inside the box - a rarity in a team that likes to shoot from distance.

Four points and three places behind Town in the Championship, Fulham have been the busier of the two sides in both penalty areas.

While they've scored 42 goals to Town's 35, they've also conceded more (46 compared with Huddersfield's 36) and clean sheets have proved a real issue for the Cottagers, who have kept just two in the league all season.

They have been less successful in the tackle than the Terriers (winning 68.4% compared with Huddersfield's 72.4%) and have let in more than one goal in seven of their last nine games.

So are we set up for a multi-goal thriller? Fulham have failed to score in just six matches in 2015/16, but three of those have been since the start of December.

The midfield battle should be especially intriguing, with Saturday's visitors traditionally setting up in a 4-4-2 formation - while the dangerous duo of McCormack and Dembele may present some defensive dilemmas, Town's central midfield pairing (likely to be Jonathan Hogg and Emyr Huws) could profit in the resulting match-up.

They'll need to as well - Fulham average 53% possession and their propensity for long range shots puts an extra onus on the defensive midfielders to provide cover for the centre backs. Plus, the Cottagers have been very successful at making their efforts on goal count, having taken fewer shots to score seven more goals than Town have managed in the Championship this term.

However, if you want reasons for optimism, a quick hark back to Tuesday night's thriller against Charlton should be enough.

Only the Addicks have conceded more Championship goals than Fulham, and were it not for the five that Town put past the relegation strugglers only a few days ago then the Cottagers would be bottom of that particular heap.

Ahead of kick off that day, Charlton had conceded the joint-highest number of goals from corners, and both Mark Hudson and Nahki Wells profited. The other team? Fulham.

If Wagner's men can contain the Cottagers in their own penalty area, then they should be well-placed to go on and claim a third consecutive league victory.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/fulham-scouting-report-can-jokanovic-10736697?

WhiteJC

Manchester United and Liverpool rocked as Tottenham open talks to sign striker target
TOTTENHAM have opened talks with Fulham about a deal for Moussa Dembele.

TALKS UNDERWAY: Tottenham want to sign Moussa Dembele this month

The 19-year-old has been subject to interest from a host of clubs after an impressive campaign in the Championship.

Manchester United and Liverpool had both scouted the Frenchman ahead of a possible summer move with Demebele out of contract at the end of the season.

But Tottenham have now made a move to land the striker this month to help ease the goalscoring burden on Harry Kane, according to the Daily Mail.

It is claimed Tottenham are prepared to offer a player-plus-cash deal to try and persuade the Cottagers to do business.

Fulham's director of football Mike Rigg is now assessing possible options which Spurs could include in the proposed deal.

Should a deal be completed, Dembele would link up with namesake Mousa Dembele who moved to White Hart Lane from Fulham in 2012.

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic refused to be drawn on the speculation surrounding Dembele's future.

"I don't want to speak about speculation," he added.

"I said before in my first press conference I did not come here to sell people.

"I came here to work with the people that I have in my hands actually right now."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/487648/Tottenham-open-talks-Fulham-Moussa-Dembele-transfer-Manchester-United-Liverpool-rocked

WhiteJC

Huddersfield Town v Fulham: Key battles

Examining where Saturday's Championship clash could be won or lost

David Wagner will take charge of his Huddersfield Town team against Fulham on Saturday looking for his first run of three consecutive league victories.

The Terriers have now climbed to 16th in the Championship table following the 5-0 thumping of Charlton Athletic on Tuesday night and will be hoping to extend an excellent run of form stretching back to early December.

Here's three individual match-ups that could help determine the outcome of this contest.

Joel Lynch vs Ross McCormack

More than a few eyebrows were raised at the £11m Fulham paid Leeds for Ross McCormack's services in 2014, but without his influence Fulham's 2015/16 stats would make for rather grim reading.

The Scotland international has scored 14 and assisted a further six in his 26 league starts this season - meaning he has had a direct role in nearly half of the Cottagers' total of 42 strikes so far this term.
Joel Lynch is likely to be the man charged with keeping a close eye on the forward, who is so instrumental to his side in terms of goals and his propensity for a key pass.

The Town defender will be keen to keep tight to his man, who has a habit of shooting from distance and making those efforts count - six of McCormack's tally have come from outside the area.

However, Lynch, who has impressed under David Wagner since returning from injury, should be wary of too much tough tackling in his efforts to stifle his opponent. McCormack himself is a dab hand at free kicks and will need no second invitation to try his luck against Jed Steer.

Nahki Wells vs Dan Burn

Any scouting report presented to Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic is likely to have the name Nahki Wells underlined several times with a red felt tip pen.

The Bermudian is in frightening form, with five goals in his last five games and a craving to reach 20 strikes by the end of the season.

Playing up top in Wagner's 4-2-3-1 formation supported by a rotating cast including the likes of Harry Bunn and Jamie Paterson has reignited the striker to the point where Wells himself has had to comment on recent speculation linking him with a move to Wolves.

The Cottagers will be relying on 23-year-old centre-back Dan Burn to stop Wells in his tracks this weekend, and he has been one of their most consistent performers under Jokanovic and his predecessor, Kit Symons.

Strong in the air and in the tackle, the 6ft 7in defender will have his hands full, but will believe if he can stifle the threat of Wells it will go a long way towards a positive result for Fulham.

Jason Davidson vs Tom Cairney

Forced to sit on the bench and admire the youthful potential of Ben Chilwell for the first part of Wagner's reign in Yorkshire, Jason Davidson has started the last two games despite the loan signing of James Husband from Middlesbrough.

He has performed well, particularly in the attacking third, but is likely to face a tougher challenge at the opposite end of the pitch in the shape of Tom Cairney, and will be keen to take the opportunity to prove he is the long term solution for Huddersfield at left back.

Second only to McCormack in Fulham's assist charts, Cairney possesses a good cross, neat set piece delivery and eye for a through ball. In fact, he's a shade unlucky to have only four assists to his name after creating a total of 37 chances for his teammates.

A right winger who favours his opposite foot, Davidson should be alert to any cutting inside - two of the former Blackburn man's three goals have been scored with his left foot from outside the box.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/huddersfield-town-v-fulham-key-10736974?

WhiteJC

Match Day Officials v Fulham

The Football League have now announced the Match Day officials that will take charge of the game against Fulham this weekend.

Huddersfield host Fulham on Saturday January 16 for the game at the John Smith's Stadium and the match carries a 3pm kick off.

Referee: Christopher Sarginson
Linesmen: Steven Copeland and Matthew McGrath
Fourth Official: Tony Harrington

Match Day referee Sarginson (Staffordshire) is yet to officiate a Huddersfield game this season.

He has however already taken in eighteen other matches so far in 2015-16 and in those games, across all competitions and Football divisions, he has handed out a total of 59 yellow cards and zero red cards.

He was most card happy in the match between Rochdale and Swindon Town on November 7 with a total of eight yellows being shown.

Let`s hope it`s not another repeat and more of our players edge closer to automatic bans.

http://www.huddersfield.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=430507

WhiteJC

Fulham boss outlines game plan against Huddersfield – with news on Scott Parker

Whites man in charge reckons if the side is 'soft' without the ball - they ought to hang on to it longer. Simples!

Fit: Scott Parker

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic has demanded his players hog the ball longer because they can't tackle.

The Whites manager has come to the conclusion the best form of defence is attack, and that starts with the match at Huddersfield tomorrow.

Jokanovic reckoned his side was 'soft' without the ball in the 3-2 defeat at Wolves on Tuesday, and right now believes the longer Whites hang on to the ball, the more confidence it will breed through the side.

The man in charge supposed there was little you can do when the opposition score 30-yard screamers – and it's happened in the last three games – but Fulham can do more to make sure they don't get the opportunity in the first place.

Possession: Slavisa Jokanovic

Joka explained: "Sometimes it happens, and maybe we can get luckier.

"But we need a solution to stop people shooting from 30 yards for a start. We need to mark better and erase stilly mistakes.

"To do that, we have to get more possession. What's all important is we take the next step."

Scott Parker has only played an hour of the last three matches – all defeats – but the manager has the veteran in his thinking for the trip to the Terriers.

He said: "Scott is fit and he's working with us and in training this week. Yes, he's part of my plans for the weekend."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-boss-outlines-game-plan-10737421?

fulhamben

Quote from: WhiteJC on January 15, 2016, 08:22:08 AM

Fulham boss outlines game plan against Huddersfield – with news on Scott Parker

Whites man in charge reckons if the side is 'soft' without the ball - they ought to hang on to it longer. Simples!

Fit: Scott Parker

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic has demanded his players hog the ball longer because they can't tackle.

The Whites manager has come to the conclusion the best form of defence is attack, and that starts with the match at Huddersfield tomorrow.

Jokanovic reckoned his side was 'soft' without the ball in the 3-2 defeat at Wolves on Tuesday, and right now believes the longer Whites hang on to the ball, the more confidence it will breed through the side.

The man in charge supposed there was little you can do when the opposition score 30-yard screamers – and it's happened in the last three games – but Fulham can do more to make sure they don't get the opportunity in the first place.

Possession: Slavisa Jokanovic

Joka explained: "Sometimes it happens, and maybe we can get luckier.

"But we need a solution to stop people shooting from 30 yards for a start. We need to mark better and erase stilly mistakes.

"To do that, we have to get more possession. What's all important is we take the next step."

Scott Parker has only played an hour of the last three matches – all defeats – but the manager has the veteran in his thinking for the trip to the Terriers.

He said: "Scott is fit and he's working with us and in training this week. Yes, he's part of my plans for the weekend."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-boss-outlines-game-plan-10737421?
ffs Parker back to protect the back 4 then. Suppose it has worked so well in the last 2 and a half years.we've barely conceded a goal with captain fantastic sitting in front of them
I thought Khan said Jokanovic was well prepared in his interview, starting to look like he has never seen us play before if you ask me.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

cmg

UEFA Statement

The President of UEFA, Herr Umschlag Braun, has issued a statement clarifying the European Clubs' position regarding Fulham starlet Moussa Dembele.

"Those few clubs in Europe who have not yet been mentioned as 'being interested' in Moussa Dembele are naturally feeling as if they are being ignored. We recognize that all clubs in Europe are keen to sign the young man (with the possible exception of Fulham) but in accordance with 'Sky's Law' the really important clubs are, at present, being given preference in the tide of publicity. Just because Hajduk Split have not been mentioned does not mean they are not keen on him too."