more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team in

Started by fulhamben, January 16, 2016, 02:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J

Quote from: J on January 16, 2016, 02:39:17 PM

As much as Smith has his qualities, he really doesn't fit into the energetic aggressive style that Joka is looking for, so I doubt he will get any starts under him unless we have no other options. I think he will be gone in the summer (and only not in this window because we can't sign a replacement).

just going to leave this here...

MJG

I don't usually go back to a thread like this when I have been to a game but had a look and wow.

Firstly Smith was not fit.  He did do a bit of running on the sideline prior to the main team coming out.  I reckon he had a fitness test earlier and failed and this was him keeping loose.

I also think it may have been one reason Dembele was dropped to bench. If you only have two strikers maybe best to keep on on bench and change to two if chasing a game,  instead of lose one in a game and have no replacement.

As for the comments about who are real fans. This keeps cropping up from some people on here and on Twitter.  If you support Fulham your a fan end of.
I do have issues on people who have an opinion on things they haven't actually seen either live or on a full replay but that's a subject for another day.
But don't act superior just because you have a ST and go to  a few games,  others have their reasons for not being able to go,  from financial to living thousands of miles away.

bobby01

Quote from: MJG on January 17, 2016, 08:50:26 AM
I don't usually go back to a thread like this when I have been to a game but had a look and wow.

Firstly Smith was not fit.  He did do a bit of running on the sideline prior to the main team coming out.  I reckon he had a fitness test earlier and failed and this was him keeping loose.

I also think it may have been one reason Dembele was dropped to bench. If you only have two strikers maybe best to keep on on bench and change to two if chasing a game,  instead of lose one in a game and have no replacement.

As for the comments about who are real fans. This keeps cropping up from some people on here and on Twitter.  If you support Fulham your a fan end of.
I do have issues on people who have an opinion on things they haven't actually seen either live or on a full replay but that's a subject for another day.
But don't act superior just because you have a ST and go to  a few games,  others have their reasons for not being able to go,  from financial to living thousands of miles away.

:plus one:
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

davew

Quote from: MJG on January 17, 2016, 08:50:26 AM

Firstly Smith was not fit.  He did do a bit of running on the sideline prior to the main team coming out.  I reckon he had a fitness test earlier and failed and this was him keeping loose.

I also think it may have been one reason Dembele was dropped to bench. If you only have two strikers maybe best to keep on on bench and change to two if chasing a game,  instead of lose one in a game and have no replacement.

As for the comments about who are real fans. This keeps cropping up from some people on here and on Twitter.  If you support Fulham your a fan end of.
But don't act superior just because you have a ST and go to  a few games,  others have their reasons for not being able to go,  from financial to living thousands of miles away.
All quite pathetic really, totally agree with your comments!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Burt

Phew... This is FOF... For a moment I thought I had stumbled across the kindergarten.com message board.

I can only echo MJGs comments about the nature of being a supporter. But as he has said it already I won't repeat it :)

Lighthouse

I think once again we are ignoring the Fanorter. God bless em
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

YankeeJim

Harken yee all!

I am holier than thou.

Will this silliness ever end?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

filham

We should always give a big welcome to anyone who shows the slightest weakness towards Fulham , fan, supporter, sympathiser call them what you will. Compared to other clubs there are not that many of us but we have something a little magic in common and it is good to develop this and swell our ranks.

We will of course have different opinions on players, tactics , managers, management. team kits etc. and to discuss this is healthy and interesting but no way must we let it develop into bitter and personal quarrels.

St Eve

I personally think Smith should be starting at the moment. He has scored goals throughout his career, even when on loan to B City. He can also defend at corners. Frankly he tries harder than Dembele and we need that at the moment

love4ffc

Quote from: St Eve on January 17, 2016, 07:31:53 PM
I personally think Smith should be starting at the moment. He has scored goals throughout his career, even when on loan to B City. He can also defend at corners. Frankly he tries harder than Dembele and we need that at the moment

This  0001.jpeg
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

fulhamben

I would of said it's goals we need more than tries harder.just to try and overcome our defensive frailtys
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

love4ffc

Honestly wish we could combine both Dembele and Smith into one player.  A big fast lug who can drive the ball down their throat. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: love4ffc on January 17, 2016, 08:06:54 PM
Honestly wish we could combine both Dembele and Smith into one player.  A big fast lug who can drive the ball down their throat. 

sounds a bit like super Micky Conroy

filham

Quote from: love4ffc on January 17, 2016, 07:35:16 PM

This  0001.jpeg
Me too

Chutney

its a real shame woodrow is injured I thought he was about to push on and make the starting space his own
C O Y W

Tonywa

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on January 17, 2016, 08:15:53 PM
Quote from: love4ffc on January 17, 2016, 08:06:54 PM

sounds a bit like super Micky Conroy

Conroy had many attributes, sadly speed was not one of them!

MJG

Ok so this could look like picking on Matt Smith. But those Bristol City goals

20 appearances in League, FA Cup and JP Trophy

13 goals

Great return.....But

6 of them cup goals across 3 games
7 in 3 games against Gillingham

3 against teams placed 18,21,24th in the league.

Now he has a place as a plan b or c for me. But I very much doubt SJ sees him more than that. He does not have the pace or even movement for the style he seems to want to play. 

As I wrote yesterday, it looks like he was injured on Saturday and that's why he was not in the 18.

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on January 18, 2016, 12:21:12 PM
Ok so this could look like picking on Matt Smith. But those Bristol City goals

20 appearances in League, FA Cup and JP Trophy

13 goals

Great return.....But

6 of them cup goals across 3 games
7 in 3 games against Gillingham

3 against teams placed 18,21,24th in the league.

Now he has a place as a plan b or c for me. But I very much doubt SJ sees him more than that. He does not have the pace or even movement for the style he seems to want to play. 

As I wrote yesterday, it looks like he was injured on Saturday and that's why he was not in the 18.
but he did score 12 goals in one season for leeds. He has never been prolific at any club so I don't know where the myth that he scores goals comes from. Obviously he gets the odd goal but when it's suggested that a striker gets goals you automatically expect 20 plus or else you would say Collins john gets goals in the prem because he also scored 12 once

westcliff white

From Wikipedia, this is what they show for Matt Smiths apps and goals, not saying its correct just easiest source for info.

Years   Team   Apps        (Gls)
2008–2009   New Mills   23   (13)
2010–2011   Redditch United   11   (9)
2010   → Littleton (loan)   3   (9)
2010   Droylsden   2   (2)
2011   Solihull Moors   14   (12)
2011–2013   Oldham Athletic   62   (9)
2012   → Macclesfield Town (loan)   8   (1)
2013–2014   Leeds United   42   (12)
2014–   Fulham   27   (6)
2014–2015   → Bristol City (loan)   14   (7)
Every day is a Fulham day

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on January 18, 2016, 02:54:01 PM
From Wikipedia, this is what they show for Matt Smiths apps and goals, not saying its correct just easiest source for info.

Years   Team   Apps        (Gls)
2008–2009   New Mills   23   (13)
2010–2011   Redditch United   11   (9)
2010   → Littleton (loan)   3   (9)
2010   Droylsden   2   (2)
2011   Solihull Moors   14   (12)
2011–2013   Oldham Athletic   62   (9)
2012   → Macclesfield Town (loan)   8   (1)
2013–2014   Leeds United   42   (12)
2014–   Fulham   27   (6)
2014–2015   → Bristol City (loan)   14   (7)
I take it back. He was prolific in the non leagues.