watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

BT Sport camera angle

Started by dannyboi-ffc, January 19, 2016, 07:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

Just turned on the Bristol City vs WBA game and I thought James McCLean was in my bloody living room. That's how close the camera is to the pitch. First of all why is it so close? And secondly I can't stand it. It will actually bug me so much that I might turn over. It's not the first time either that they've done it. It happens quite alot.

I very rarely praise Sky but the way they film the game is a million times better and they don't have Robbie Savage!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Blanco

It might be more to do with the stadium and the location where they have to place the camera. BT do get all the lower league team games which is where the angels tend to look different.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Blanco on January 19, 2016, 10:11:11 PM
It might be more to do with the stadium and the location where they have to place the camera. BT do get all the lower league team games which is where the angels tend to look different.

But take Fratton Park for example. Pompey used to be in the prem not that long ago and Sky never filmed games the way BT do. I use that example because the first time I saw this was earlier in the season at Pompey.

If this was a one off I'd put it down to that side of the Bristol City ground being under construction still but it happens a lot.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

valdeingruo

I don't think the stand at Ashton Gate are very high. BTs angle looks alot like the ones we get when we are away. I think the angle lends to the knowledge that it is a FA cup clash.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on January 19, 2016, 07:50:30 PM
Just turned on the Bristol City vs WBA game and I thought James McCLean was in my bloody living room.

Are you sure he wasn't ?
That's some strong stuff you smoke
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on January 19, 2016, 10:32:21 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on January 19, 2016, 07:50:30 PM
Just turned on the Bristol City vs WBA game and I thought James McCLean was in my bloody living room.

Are you sure he wasn't ?
That's some strong stuff you smoke

He wants to start worrying if he finds him in his bedroom.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

King_Crud

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on January 19, 2016, 10:19:42 PM
Quote from: Blanco on January 19, 2016, 10:11:11 PM

But take Fratton Park for example. Pompey used to be in the prem not that long ago and Sky never filmed games the way BT do. I use that example because the first time I saw this was earlier in the season at Pompey.

If this was a one off I'd put it down to that side of the Bristol City ground being under construction still but it happens a lot.

Pompey has had a low angle for a few years now. In much the same way White Hart Lane was always from a very high angle until recently, different grounds can force different angles

Burt

Having been at Ashton Gate a few weeks ago to watch their match v. Hull, where they put the cameras is on the side of the pitch which is being redeveloped. There is just the shell of a stand taking shape, so if the match I was at was anything to go by then the camera positions were on low-rise scaffold platforms.