more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Marcello Trotta

Started by ealex40, January 20, 2016, 04:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ealex40

SASSUOLO SIGN TROTTA

Serie A club Sassuolo have signed former Fulham and Brentford striker Marcello Trotta.

The 23-year-old was briefly a trainee with Manchester City and scored 12 goals during a season on loan with Brentford, before leaving Fulham for Avellino last January.

Now Sassuolo, who announced his permanent capture on their official website, can include him in their squad for Wednesday's league meeting with Torino at the Mapei Stadium.

Jamie88

Good luck to him.

Always thought he would get a chance with the first team but it wasn't to be

cmg

Fee of around €2.8 being mentioned.

Came off the bench on Saturday to score the winner for Avellino.
What's the Italian for, "All he does is score the goals that notch us 3 points."?

sunburywhite

Wasn't SaSSuolo a hit for Phil Collins?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

MJG

Quote from: cmg on January 20, 2016, 07:07:39 PM

What's the Italian for, "All he does is score the goals that notch us 3 points."?
:plus one:

grandad

Good luck to him. He never got a real chance with us. Shame really.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Neil D

'No fa altro che segnare i gol che ci guadagnano i tre punti'.

And I share your sentiments entirely.  We should never have let him go.

aaronmcguigan

He was never going to get a chance in the prem and when we were relegated he only had a year left and wanted out. Bad timing but don't see what he could do differently that the guys currently here can't do. He's scored a few in the second tier, good luck to him in serie A

There's talk of Sassuolo and Juventus working together to get this deal done and may end up playing for Juve in the future

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/eng/marcello-trotta-a-new-synergy-between-juventus-and-sassuolo-but-watch-out-for-frosinone/

Wimbledon_White

His involvement with us was always hampered by the others we had in place ahead of him.

Only in his last year did he realistically have a chance of playing for us in the league and, on all accounts, he had told the club he wanted to leave.

Shame really but the club is not at fault.

gerrys

Non fa altro che segnare i gol che ci danno i tre punti.

Neil D

Quote from: gerrys on January 21, 2016, 08:54:00 AM

Equally acceptable   :54: though I prefer  the use of 'guadagnare' in my version in this context

Chutney

Wish him all the best, it would be interesting to do a "where are they now?" of our past youth prospects. Players like Green (the fullback), Omozusi, Pratley etc...

I think Trotta might be our most successful academy graduate in a decade?

Thinking of it that way really shines a light on the excellent work we've done to now have a consistent crop of talent coming through.
C O Y W

cmg

Quote from: Chutney on January 21, 2016, 09:29:38 AM
Wish him all the best, it would be interesting to do a "where are they now?" of our past youth prospects. Players like Green (the fullback), Omozusi, Pratley etc...

Thinking of it that way really shines a light on the excellent work we've done to now have a consistent crop of talent coming through.

Interesting. I'll give it a bit of thought when I knock-off work.

It might be a bit premature to give Trotta this accolade. And, as with all young players the situation is liable to rapid change.
Trotta, Tankovic, Woodrow and Dembele all passed through the Academy within a few years and all could be described as strikers - albiet very different ones. They all scored lots of goals.
Trotta, after a successful spell in Serie B has secured a £1m+ move to Serie A, but has yet to make an appearance.
Tankovic has had two seasons in Eredivisie without, as yet, fully establishing himself. He has 7 goals at this level.
Dembele has established himself as one of the leading scorers in the Championship and would probably be valued higher than Trotta.
Woodrow is behind Dembele in the pecking order but does have a PL goal to his name.

They are all International age group players (Tankovic actually had a full Swedish cap when with us).
Not sure which one could be deemed the most successful at present.

gerrys

Quote from: Neil D on January 21, 2016, 09:20:35 AM
Quote from: gerrys on January 21, 2016, 08:54:00 AM

Equally acceptable   :54: though I prefer  the use of 'guadagnare' in my version in this context
Hadn't read down to your tranlation when I did it...........guess that "notch" doesn't really translate, nearest could be " ci aggancia" but then that wouldn't be a very Italian sentence! 

Chutney

Quote from: cmg on January 21, 2016, 10:16:29 AM

It might be a bit premature to give Trotta this accolade. And, as with all young players the situation is liable to rapid change.
Trotta, Tankovic, Woodrow and Dembele all passed through the Academy within a few years and all could be described as strikers - albiet very different ones. They all scored lots of goals.
Trotta, after a successful spell in Serie B has secured a £1m+ move to Serie A, but has yet to make an appearance.
Tankovic has had two seasons in Eredivisie without, as yet, fully establishing himself. He has 7 goals at this level.
Dembele has established himself as one of the leading scorers in the Championship and would probably be valued higher than Trotta.
Woodrow is behind Dembele in the pecking order but does have a PL goal to his name.

They are all International age group players (Tankovic actually had a full Swedish cap when with us).

Remember Sean Doherty? when we signed him at 16 he was considered one of the best young players in England, even got 7 caps for England u21's, now he's 30 and playing in the irish league... Trotta getting a move to Serie A has really made me think about our past prospects and how few of them actually made it despite having plenty of talent. As you say though, he's yet to play a game in Serie A, if he does, and regulary, surely that will make him the most successful to date in terms of the level reached (of the modern generation)?

Darren Pratley and Mark Hudson have both played against us recently and solidified themselves as solid championship level players.
C O Y W

cmg

The progress of junior players is extremely unpredictable and the fall-out rate is high.

Having given it a bit of thought, just looking at some random names that come to mind (Alex Smith? Mesca - now plying in Cyprus I think), I think it's very complicated even to define what one means by success/failure.
Keeping going in the leagues is a form of success. Matt Briggs - certainly a disappointment, but a failure?

Pratley is a really good example of someone who has made a really good go of his career. His departure was not much lamented by us - but we have had many who have turned out to be of less use than him.
I note that the Eastleigh keeper, Ross Flitney, is ex-Fulham Academy.

Smalling was an u18 for us (I know he came from Maidstone, but they all have to come from somewhere) and his success is undeniable.
But if we don't want to set the bar too high, what about looking for an Academy product who goes on to make 250+ PL appearances, gets International capped by a top-10 (-ish) nation, commands a transfer fee of £3.5 million. We could call it the Zat Knight standard.

res

Fee of 2.8 Euros? That's about £2.60

Always suspected that he wouldn't physically cope with the English Leagues, despite his predatory goal scoring instincts. Also suspect that this was the view of others which is why he was not picked up other English sides despite reasonably successful loan spells with Brentford and Wycombe. I think we got a decent fee for him (£650k?)

ealex40

Quote from: cmg on January 21, 2016, 10:16:29 AM

They only signed him yesterday!