watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Steve Milton

Started by Plodder, January 30, 2016, 04:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plodder

When did Steve Milton leave, and to which club was he transferred?  What did he do later in life?  A Google search does not unearth much.

SP

Quote from: Plodder on January 30, 2016, 04:47:40 PM
When did Steve Milton leave, and to which club was he transferred?  What did he do later in life?  A Google search does not unearth much.

Sorry, no idea but I recall he stayed working & playing for my local non-league club Whyteleafe (I think) rather than turn pro with us as he earnt more money - how times change.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: SP on January 30, 2016, 04:57:55 PM

Sorry, no idea but I recall he stayed working & playing for my local non-league club Whyteleafe (I think) rather than turn pro with us as he earnt more money - how times change.

Didn't we originally buy him from Whyteleafe? (if my memory serves me right)

Mince n Tatties

What about Steve the Hippy Groundsman?

beijing ben

Quote from: Wearethewhites on January 30, 2016, 05:00:47 PM
Quote from: SP on January 30, 2016, 04:57:55 PM

Didn't we originally buy him from Whyteleafe? (if my memory serves me right)

I remember us signing Milton from Whyteleafe. My dad was living in Whyteleafe at the time so it was a big thing for us when he signed.

I remember watching Whyteleafe at home to Canterbury in an FA Cup qualifying round in the eighties. I used to always look out for their results when I lived in England

ffc73

Was Steve Milton a Fulham supporter before he signed for us?

If so he might be a poster on here

Tonywa

Steve Magee the long-haired groundsman has for years now been kitman for London Broncos Rugby League

Plodder

In the words of Cyril from That's Life, "I am indebted" to "Bad Boy" on The Fulham Independent for supplying the folowing information:

Steve Milton....joined Woking in '91 for £15k to team up with Laurence Batty. Milton became mgr of Astrology World at Gatwick Airport in 1998. Thanks Fulham Facts and Figures, 1879-1998

Dennis Turner was an excellent and assiduous chronicler of all things Fulham.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Tonywa on January 30, 2016, 05:58:42 PM
Steve Magee the long-haired groundsman has for years now been kitman for London Broncos Rugby League

Thanks for that,often used to chat to him after games.