more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (01/02/16)...

Started by WhiteJC, February 01, 2016, 08:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Tigers Transfer Talk: Ross McCormack the latest player linked with Hull City
With just one working day left of the transfer window, here's a round-up of the past weeks news, rumours, denials and outright lies!

Are Hull City about to pull one out of the hat as the transfer window draws to a close? I doubt it but Simon Jones of the Daily Mail has suggested that Derby County and The Tigers are interested in Fulham's Ross McCormack who looked set for a big money move to Middlesbrough before that fell through this week. This one would be a hell of an investment - at least £9m - and City have shown no signs of spending anything significant this month.

One player definitely not joining City is Patrick Bamford. He completed a loan move from Chelsea to Norwich last night - as expected.

http://boothferrytowembley.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/tigers-transfer-talk-ross-mccormack.html

WhiteJC

Roy Hodgson book now on Amazon

Hi

Still here.  I will write more soon.

I just wanted to give a heads up: my Roy Hodgson book is now available as a paperback on Amazon.  It's a proper paperback format, and I'm pleased with how it's come out.

The link's here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Roy-Hodgson-Football-biography-Englands/dp/1499640773/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1454240532&sr=8-2&keywords=roy+hodgson

The initial self-published paperbacks sold out, so this is your chance.  I've re-read it, and I think it still stands up quite well.

https://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2016/01/31/roy-hodgson-book-now-on-amazon/?

WhiteJC

Moussa Dembele joins Mousa Dembele at Tottenham

Fulham striker Moussa Dembele is undergoing a medical ahead of a permanent move with Tottenham, according to reports.

Sky Sports claim that all parties have reached an agreement on the transfer, and the striker will be loaned back to the Championship club till the end of the season.

He signed for the Cottagers from Paris Saint-Germain as a 16-year old in 2012, but only managed to cement his spot in the first-team during the current season.

After failing to find the net for last two seasons, he has scored nine goals in 26 appearances this season.

The Cottagers were reportedly reluctant to let go of their striker, but his refusal to sign a new contract has forced their hands. Dembele is currently in the last year of his contract and could have walked away from the club for free in the summer.

Sky Sports have failed to report a transfer fee, but the BBC claim that the transfer will cost Spurs £5 million.

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino has been looking for a striker to play back-up to Harry Kane for some time now and it looks like he has finally got his man.

To clarify: Moussa Dembele is in no way related to the Spurs' Mousa Dembele.

http://www.adifferentleague.co.uk/2016/01/premier-league/moussa-dembele-joins-mousa-dembele-at-tottenham/

WhiteJC

Fulham go moneyballing for gold

Football and analytics fight!

This has been going on forever in baseball, so no shock to see it happening here, now, either.  Worse, much of what the likes of Bill James discovered in the 70s and 80s was more or less indisputable, but it still took until relatively recently for his ideas to take hold.  Now all baseball teams (it really is all now, I think) embrace analytics, looking for an edge anywhere they can find it.

Football is harder.  Anyone unconvinced with the whole notion will tell you that: instead of discrete batter v pitcher matchups, football is a fluid game with indefinite happenings.  Chain reactions abound. There's more noise than... not noise.  It's a minefield, it really is.  But still, you look for edges where you can find them, right? Better to spend £250k on a middle of the road midfielder from Slovakia than £2m for a middle of the road midfielder from Leeds.  If you can pull it off.

Anyway, much excitement on twitter over this recent piece.  I won't go into the details, but what fascinates me is what the powers that be can have seen in Madl and Mattila in the first place.

Now, we can't retro-fit these two at all.  The data that must be in use is not in the public domain as best I can tell, so we must go top-down (e.g. look at a team level).  I don't think this is the worst idea, anyway: after all, a top down approach means you're looking at what happened to the team the player played in.  It takes a brave man to see a poor defensive side and decide that there's a centre-back in there who's doing a fabulous job.

So...

I can't see anything.  Have a look at these numbers, which are the games Mattila played in before we signed him.

This is what I'm getting at.  Here we have a team that, in 2015, was beaten by five goals twice and four goals twice.  Now that could be a systematic failure from any number of perspectives, but from an analytics POV, what can you see in there that makes you think a defensive midfielder is worth a punt?  He's making lots of tackles?  I bet he is! His team's being attacked relentlessly.  He passes well?  Maybe, but if so he must be a lone beacon of positivity in what seems to be a very poor side.  We know, we think, that even the best players are only worth a few points over an average player a season, so it's possible he has been playing brilliantly, but using a top-down viewpoint at least, it's a mess, to the point where I'd be nervous about unpicking an individual's contributions.

The sensible retort might be that the team has used several years of data, which I hope is the case.  The comeback might be that he's bounced around from team-to-team for a while, only settling in his recent stint at Aalesund, which itself is confusing.  There must have been pedigree there or Udinese wouldn't have bought him in the first place (they are scouting masters), but after that, nobody seems to have been convinced.  A true diamond in the rough if he works out.  From here, it's hard to see.

Michael Madl is half-similar: he's come from a team (Sturm Graz) that appears to have been comfortably top half for the last couple of seasons.  They've scored and conceded goals at a perfectly normal rate in the last couple of seasons.  So what do we take from that?

This uses standard deviations to unpick where a team's strength lies.  I can see here that Sturm Graz have been a better defensive side than might initially have been guessed: they were a pretty good side in 2014-15, and much of that was because they had the second best defensive team in the league.  Now, sometimes there's an alarm bell around this, because the attacking play isn't all that.  What it could mean is that this is just a team that sets itself up defensively (e.g. keep men behind the ball even in possession): goals dry up and so any top-down measure will make defenders look good and attackers less so.   This could be what we see here, as the Sturm Graz games have been among the lowest scoring in the league for the last couple of seasons, implying more closed, cagey games.

All of which is a long way to say that I really don't know.   Madl, I can see, maybe there's a sniff of something, and if Fulham got Opta numbers to probe further maybe they did see that Madl's leading a defence that is perhaps a bit better than average in Austria.  It's a reach though.   As noted from the outset, it's very hard to unpick an individual contribution from his team's performance, and there's nothing I can see (which doesn't mean much, of course!) that suggests we might be on to some kind of dynamite.

The key here is scouting.  If the club have enough analytically to peer deeper, watch the player a few times, then that's fabulous, and hopefully what's happened.  Otherwise, well, your guess is as good as mine.

We do know that previous signings have had an analytical 'calling card', e.g. the key passing acquisitions of the summer, and to an extent Ream and Stearman doing their thing (what was it, blocks?  I can't remember), so perhaps it's as simple as that: they've found players who, in ways I can't see, are statistical outliers, and, at lowish cost, have taken a punt.  Time will tell.

https://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2016/01/31/fulham-go-moneyballing-for-gold/?

WhiteJC

Bristol City continue pursuit of Fulham striker

Championship strugglers Bristol City are continuing to pursue Fulham striker Matt Smith according to The Bristol Post.

It is understood that The Robins have had at least one transfer bid rejected by the West London club but Fulham's firm stance is not believed to have ended City's interest in the forward with the club set to push The Cottagers' resistance all of the way in the lead up to tomorrow night's 11pm transfer deadline.

Smith had an extremely successful spell on loan at Ashton Gate last season and scored 13 goals in 23 appearances for The Robins. The possibility of the striker's return to the club could hinge on whether fellow strikers Ross McCormack and Moussa Dembele remain at Craven Cottage beyond the current transfer window.

Championship promotion chasers Middlesbrough have previously shown an interest in McCormack although the Teesside club had a bid for Blackburn Rovers striker Jordan Rhodes accepted yesterday and are discussing terms with the player while Dembele could be set for a switch to Tottenham Hotspur.

Fulham signed Smith from Leeds United in September 2014 for a reported fee of £800,000. The 26 year old is contracted to The Cottagers until next summer and with Fulham also in danger of relegation Bristol City are likely to have to produce an astounding bid for the striker to force Fulham to sell.

http://the72.co.uk/46728/bristol-city-continue-pursuit-of-fulham-striker/?

WhiteJC

Ross McCormack transfer saga goes to the wire as Middlesbrough pull out of Jordan Rhodes deal

Boro have been linked with the striker over the past week but were unable to agree a deal with the west Londoners so turned their attention to the Blackburn striker

Ross McCormack with the matchball after scoring a hat-trick against Boro last season

Fulham may have felt like they had done enough to keep hold of talismanic striker Ross McCormack but could face a deadline day battle after Middlesbrough pulled out of a deal for Jordan Rhodes.

Boro have been linked with the striker over the past week or so but were unable to agree a deal with the west Londoners so turned their attention to the Blackburn striker.

However, they were unable to agree terms with the striker and have since pulled out of the deal, meaning they ponder a late bid for the Fulham striker.

A Middlesbrough club statement read: "The club can confirm that we have held talks with Blackburn Rovers striker Jordan Rhodes over the weekend but have failed to agree terms."

Blackburn manager Paul Lambert said: "After a fee was agreed between the two clubs, Jordan asked to go and speak to Middlesbrough.

"This is the third window now where he has wanted to go and we felt it was right to give him that opportunity.

"After securing a good deal for the club, which would have enabled me to rebuild the squad, we allowed him to leave the team hotel on Friday night, but it appears that he could not agree personal terms with Middlesbrough.

"We had a terrific victory yesterday over Oxford United in the FA Cup, with some great performances by the players who came in, and we'll continue to try and do that."

Fulham, though, are unlikely to countenance any offers for their talismanic striker.

They are in 19th position in the Championship and can't sign anyone on a permanent transfer due to their embargo.

The Whites could receive close to £10million for the striker but they can only sign replacements on loan or on free transfers, meaning those funds can't be reinvested in the final hours of the window.

Fulham are set to confirm the £6m departure of Moussa Dembele to Tottenham, but the young striker will be loaned back to Craven Cottage for the rest of the season.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/ross-mccormack-transfer-saga-goes-10814430?

WhiteJC

REVEALED: MCCORMACK SET TO HAND FULHAM HUGE BOOST

Ross McCormack is set to make a major U-turn – by signing a new Fulham contract, Football Insider sources understand.

The club's prize asset has indicated he will commit to improved terms just days after the west Londoners rejected his transfer request.

Fulham have turned down two bids from Middlesbrough for the forward in January, the second of which amounted to £10million.

The Championship strugglers have refused to allow their 17-goal top scorer to leave after being slapped with a transfer embargo that means they can only sign players on loan.

McCormack signed a new Fulham contract only last summer that runs until the summer of 2019 but that will be replaced by a more lucrative agreement.

The west Londoners are 19th in the table and just four points above the drop zone, with a young team reliant for goals from McCormack and 11-goal Moussa Dembele.

As revealed by Football Insider on Saturday, Dembele has agreed to join Tottenham. The latest Fulham transfer news is that the 19-year-old striker has passed a medical with the club ahead of a move for an initial fee of £1.7million.

http://www.footballinsider247.com/mccormack-set-to-sign-new-fulham-contract/?

WhiteJC

Middlesbrough back for Ross McCormack

HITC Sports understands that Boro are expected to make new bid after pulling out of Jordan Rhodes deal.

Middlesbrough are set to make a renewed bid for Ross McCormack after they dramatically pulled the plug on their move for Jordan Rhodes.

Boro had pulled back from a deal for McCormack on Friday and pushed ahead with a move for Rhodes, who was on Teesside for talks on Saturday morning.

However, the Championship club stated on Sunday that they could not agree personal terms but HITC Sport has been told by Rhodes' camp that this is not the case.

HITC Sport understands Middlesbrough chairman Steve Gibson personally pulled the plug on the deal and has now given the green-light to once again try to prise McCormack away from Fulham.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/01/31/gb-middlesbrough-back-for-ross-mccormack/?

WhiteJC

Ross McCormack close to agreeing new contract with Fulham

Ross McCormack had a transfer request rejected by Fulham earlier this week

Ross McCormack is close to agreeing an improved extended contract at Fulham, Sky sources understand.

The 29-year-old striker has been heavily linked with a move to Middlesbrough this transfer window and did not play in Fulham's last league fixture - a 1-0 home defeat to Hull.

The former Cardiff and Leeds forward handed in a transfer request earlier this week which was rejected by Fulham.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10150588/ross-mccormack-close-to-agreeing-new-contract-with-fulham?

WhiteJC

What to expect from Fulham in the final hours of the January transfer window

The Whites have just over 24 hours to complete any permanent deals, or they will have to wait until the emergency loan window opens

The January transfer window closes at 11pm on February 1 and Fulham are expected to be active on deadline day.

The Whites have had a difficult month and have had to fight to resist offers from Middlesbrough for talismanic striker Ross McCormack.

Moussa Dembele departed for around £6 million to Tottenham - but immediately loaned back until the end of the season.

Right you, Spurs fans, altogether now: 'There's only TWO Moussa Dembeles!'

Defender Jack Grimmer has joined Shrewsbury on loan, scoring the winner against Sheffield Wednesday. Larnell Cole joined him at New Meadow, while Sean Kavanagh has joined Mansfield for the rest of the season.

They now have just over 24 hours to complete any permanent deals, or they will have to wait until the emergency loan window opens.

Below is a handy guide of what we can expect to happen ahead of the 11pm deadline.

INS

Target: Serge Gnabry in action for Arsenal against Coventry

Slavisa Jokanovic has brought in Michael Madl (central defender); on loan from Sturm Graz - and 'loan' is the key word here. Fulham are under transfer embargo and can only borrow players or sign them on free transfers.

Reports suggest Fulham are interested in Anderlecht winger Ibrahima Conte. They face competition for the 24-year-old's signature with Gus Poyet's AEK Athens also interested, along with Stade Reims of France and Belgian team KV Oostende.

Serge Gnabry has also been linked with a loan move to Craven Cottage, but the Whites have rivals in Charlton for his signature.

Arsene Wenger said after Arsenal's 2-1 FA Cup win over Burnley: "I am tempted to give him some competition because he has not played at West Brom.

"I am tempted to let him go somewhere to do with him what I did with Coquelin, somewhere for a month or two."

OUTS

Ross McCormack

Ross McCormack has handed in a transfer request, with eyes on a move to Middlesbrough and it appeared there would be no move after Boro agreed a fee for Jordan Rhodes. However, Boro pulled out of the deal on Sunday and may yet try again for McCormack.

Is there another club out there with the same amount of money to add Mac to their attack? Hull have been mooted as a possible destination but GetWestLondon understand Fulham will dig their heels in over the striker.

Boro had been chasing McCormack in January but the promotion chasers eventually turned their attention to Rhodes.

The Whites have refused to countenance any offers for their star striker in January as selling him could see the club suffer relegation to League One; they are only four points clear of the drop zone.

The club's resistance has been strengthened due to their transfer embargo and they couldn't bring in a like-for-like replacement.

Dan Burn to Sheffield United on loan could go through, with Madl replacing him in the squad. In the same vein, Shaun Hutchinson could get a slew of games elsewhere.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/what-expect-fulham-final-hours-10813750?

WhiteJC

Report: New twist in Tottenham deal for Fulham's Dembele

Tottenham's move for Moussa Dembele has hit a snag.

Tottenham Hotspur's deal to sign Moussa Dembele from Fulham is off, according to SkySports.

Sky reported on their live transfer feed at 5.50pm on Sunday that the Frenchman is looking unlikely to move to White Hart Lane before the transfer deadline.

The brief report read: "Striker Mousa Dembele's move from Fulham to Tottenham is off, according to Sky sources."

The BBC reported on Saturday that a deal had been struck for Spurs to sign the Frenchman, whose contract expires at the end of the season.

Their report claimed he was due to undergo a medical at Tottenham, and would be loaned back to the Championship side until the end of the season, even though Spurs would prefer him to join up immediately.

Fulham are also battling to keep striker Ross McCormack at the club, with the forward handing in a transfer request amid interest from Middlesbrough, The Mail reported late last week.

Dembele has impressed for Fulham this season, establishing himself as a first team player and striking up a good partnership with McCormack.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/01/31/report-new-twist-in-tottenham-deal-for-dembele/?

WhiteJC

Moussa Dembele's Tottenham move off, Sky sources say

Moussa Dembele's proposed move to Tottenham is off, according to Sky sources.

Dembele, 19, had a Spurs medical on Saturday, according to Sky sources, after Fulham accepted an offer for a striker in the final six months of his contract.

But it is understood Spurs' reluctance to loan back the teenager to Fulham until the end of the season has scuppered the deal.

Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino has been searching for back-up options to Harry Kane in the January transfer window but Fulham, who are 19th in the Championship table and four points above the relegation zone, have been unwilling to allow Dembele to leave.

Fulham wanted to structure a deal similar to the one Spurs did when they bought for Dele Alli last January when the midfielder was loaned back to Karl Robinson's side until last summer but Pochettino wants him now.

Dembele joined Fulham from Paris Saint-Germain as a 16-year-old in 2012 before making his debut the following year against West Ham in the Premier League.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10150736/moussa-dembeles-tottenham-move-off-sky-sources-say?

WhiteJC

Moussa Dembele's Spurs Move Off After Tottenham Can't Do Fulham Deal

Moussa Dembele's move from Fulham to Tottenham Hotspur has collapsed.

The young forward, who has also been attracting attention from Monaco and Juventus, had been set to sign for Mauricio Pochettino's side this month and then be loaned back to Fulham to finish the season.

The Cottagers were desperate to keep hold of Dembele until the end of the campaign as they bid to stay clear of relegation worries in the Championship.

And Dembele now looks certain to remain at Fulham after his move to Spurs collapsed, according to the Press Association.

Spurs were unable to agree terms with Fulham and the deal is now off.

Dembele's contract with Fulham expires at the end of the season and he is expected to move on from Craven Cottage in the summer.

It remains to be seen whether Spurs will try to resurrect the transfer in the dying hours of the window, or instead focus on other targets.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2016/01/31/moussa-dembeles-spurs-move-off-after-tottenham-cant-do-fulham-deal/267516/?

WhiteJC

EXCLUSIVE: FULHAM IN ADVANCED TALKS TO SIGN INCE

Fulham are in advanced talks to sign Brighton midfielder Rohan Ince, Football Insider sources understand.

The Championship strugglers are working on a deal to land the midfield enforcer on loan for the rest of the season.

Ince, the nephew of former England international Paul Ince, has been a fringe player at Brighton this season and is keen to find a new club before the transfer deadline on Monday night.

The 23-year-old has fallen down the pecking order under Chris Hughton and will be allowed to leave the Seagulls temporarily.

Fulham can only recruit signings on loan in the January window after being slapped with a transfer embargo by the Football League.

A source has told Football Insider that Football League regulations do not allow them to pay new loan players more than £12,000-a-week.

In other Fulham transfer news, Moussa Dembele's proposed transfer to Tottenham has hit a snag after he underwent a medical on Saturday.

http://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-fulham-in-advanced-talks-to-sign-ince/?

WhiteJC

Fulham call off Moussa Dembéle's £6m move to Tottenham over loan-back
• Spurs wanted striker now but Fulham said he must stay until summer
• Jordan Rhodes's move from Blackburn to Middlesbrough also off

Moussa Dembélé underwent a medical at Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday but the striker's move from Fulham is now off. Photograph: Richard Sellers/PA

Fulham have angrily called off Moussa Dembélé's proposed £6m move to Tottenham Hotspur after a row over the centre-forward's loan-back arrangement.

The west London club have insisted all along that Dembélé cannot and will not be allowed to play elsewhere for the remainder of the season given their precarious position just above the Championship relegation places and the imperative to keep hold of one of their few goal threats.

Their position has been thrown into sharper focus by the club being under a Football League transfer embargo.

Fulham negotiated a deal with Tottenham that would allow the 19-year-old to sign off on the deal now but return to Craven Cottage until the end of May. Dembélé's Fulham contract expires at the end of the season and even though he would then be permitted to move as a free agent, they would still receive a fee for him at tribunal if he were to join an English club.

Dembélé underwent a medical at Tottenham on Saturday and the transaction looked set to be confirmed. But Tottenham have continued to push for the player to be allowed to join them straight away to the point where it became a deal-breaker. There is understood to be precious little chance of the deal being revived before the window shuts on Monday night.

Amid acrimony and accusations of agreements being reneged upon, Dembélé has been left disappointed and Tottenham will have to look elsewhere for the cover up front for Harry Kane that they need immediately. They could make a move for West Bromwich Albion's Saido Berahino, the striker that they unsuccessfully tried to sign last summer.

Fulham are also set to tie their other main forward, Ross McCormack, to a lucrative, new long-term contract. The club rejected a £9m offer for McCormack from Middlesbrough and then turned down a transfer request he submitted. But he has been appeased by their offer of increased terms and he is expected to sign on Monday.

Another transfer which has seemingly fallen through is Jordan Rhodes's move from Blackburn Rovers to Middlesbrough. Rhodes was quoted as being "baffled and disappointed" by Middlesbrough's decision to withdraw from the deal. The forward said he passed a medical and agreed personal terms on a switch to the Riverside Stadium on Saturday, but was informed on Sunday morning that Middlesbrough had cancelled the move. However, Middlesbrough have claimed the deal broke down because they were unable to agree terms with Rhodes.

"The club can confirm that we have held talks with Blackburn Rovers striker Jordan Rhodes over the weekend but have failed to agree terms," a statement from the club's official website read. On Friday Middlesbrough released a statement confirming they had agreed a fee with Blackburn for Rhodes, who is contracted at Ewood Park until July 2019. The transfer fee was reportedly worth £11m – £9m up front and £2m in add-ons. But Rhodes now looks set to see out the 2015-16 campaign with Blackburn. Rhodes has scored 85 goals in 169 matches for Blackburn since leaving Huddersfield, where he netted 87 times in 148 games, in a deal worth up to £8m in August 2012.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jan/31/fulham-call-off-moussa-dembeles-6m-move-to-tottenham-over-loan-back?

WhiteJC

Fulham star agrees contract extension at Craven Cottage

In demand Fulham striker Ross McCormack has agreed a contract extension at Craven Cottage to end speculation that the striker could leave the West London club according to The Daily Mail.

It is understood that the striker has signed a one year extension to his deal at Fulham which includes improved terms and will see the player remain in West London until summer 2019.

The 29 year old Glasgow born striker joined The Cottagers from Leeds United in July 2014 for a transfer fee reported to be in the region of £11 million. McCormack enjoyed an excellent first season at Fulham scoring 19 goals in 51 appearances whilst also contributing 11 assists.

The striker has been just as effective this season netting 17 goals in just 30 appearances for The Whites and his exceptional form has attracted the attention of Premier League clubs Norwich City and AFC Bournemouth and Championship promotion chasers Middlesbrough and Derby County. The clubs have been linked with multi-million pound bids for McCormack although Fulham have been reluctant to sell the player with the club being penalised with a transfer embargo.

Fulham are currently enduring a tough season in the Championship with the club lingering just 3 points above the division's trap door. With the club currently restricted to loan additions due to the ongoing transfer embargo star striker McCormack remains a crucial player in The Cottagers' survival bid.

http://the72.co.uk/46774/fulham-star-agrees-contract-extension-at-craven-cottage/?

WhiteJC

Tottenham £5m move for Moussa Dembele stalls over Fulham loan-back demands
Tottenham's move for Fulham forward Moussa Dembele has stalled
Cottagers want £5m teenager to stay at club on loan until end of season
Spurs recieved an approach from Stoke for defender Federico Fazio

Tottenham's proposed £5million move for Moussa Dembele from Fulham has stalled after the Championship club insisted on the 19-year-old being loaned back for the season.

Dembele had a medical on Saturday and the deal could yet be revived, although the Cottagers are determined to keep hold the teenage striker as they sit just above the relegation zone - a stance that has been strengthened by the club being under a Football League transfer embargo.

Dembele's contract expires at the end of the season and although he would then be allowed to leave the club on a free transfer, Fulham would still receive a fee for him at tribunal if he were to join an English club.

Tottenham's bid for Moussa Dembele has broken down over Fulham's loan-back demands

The 19-year-old Frenchman has reportedly been left disappointed after the deal broke down

Spurs have reportedly continued to push for  French forward to join them with immediate effect, which has caused the deal to break down - leaving the player disappointed.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3425773/Tottenham-5m-Moussa-Dembele-stalls-Fulham-loan-demands.html#ixzz3yu48v95t
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WhiteJC

Tottenham will seek to revive Moussa Dembélé deal

Get French Football News can reveal that contrary to reports, a deal between Fulham and Tottenham Hotspur for the transfer of French striker Moussa Dembélé has not totally fallen apart.

It is our understanding that the two clubs will continue to negotiate a potential deal today.

The reason why there is no current agreement is because Tottenham Hotspur do not want to loan the player back to Fulham until the end of the season, instead they want the player to join them permanently and immediately to act as cover for Harry Kane.

Fulham, up until now, refuse to do any deal unless they can have the player for the rest of the season.

However, Tottenham have not given up and will negotiate with Fulham right up until the deadline for this transfer.

One to watch with us in the forthcoming hours for certain.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2016/tottenham-will-seek-to-revive-moussa-dembele-deal/?

WhiteJC

Report: Fulham wanted Tottenham's Milos Veljkovic in part-exchange for Moussa Dembele

Tottenham have been trying to do a deal for Fulham's Moussa Dembele.

Tottenham and Fulham appear to have reached a halt in negotiations over Moussa Dembele.

The Guardian report the deal for the French striker is off, with Spurs being unwilling to loan him back to Fulham.

The Championship strugglers are under transfer embargo, restricting them from signing players other than on loan deals.

The Mirror report Fulham wanted to acquire a Spurs player on loan as part of a potential Dembele switch, targeting Serbian prospect Milos Veljkovic.

The under-20 World Cup winner can play in midfield and defence and like Dembele is out of contract at the end of the season. He has previously been on loan at Middlesbrough and Charlton.

A deal is not likely however, with Veljkovic electing to move to German side Werder Bremen.

German outlet KreisZeitung reported a deal to take the youngster to Bremen is imminent, although the Bundesliga transfer deadline only passes on Tuesday at 5pm.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/02/01/report-fulham-wanted-tottenhams-milos-veljkovic-in-part-exchange/?

WhiteJC

BRISTOL CITY: Middlesborough ready to bid £12m for Ross McCormack as Robins' Matt Smith hopes fade

BRISTOL City's interest in Fulham striker Matt Smith will finally come to an end if Middlesbrough's last-ditch attempt to sign Ross McCormack ends in success on deadline day.

The Robins have had at least one bid for Smith knocked back by the London club, who are reluctant to sell to a relegation rival at a time when Championship promotion hopefuls Boro are pursuing top-scorer McCormack.

The Scottish striker looked set to sign a new contract at Craven Cottage just 48 hours after his request t leave was turned down by Fulham officials.

But the dramatic collapse of Jordan Rhodes' transfer from Blackburn to Middlesbrough means all bets are off and the Teessiders are today preparing to table a £12m bid in a final attempt to lure McCormack away from London.

Boro chairman Steve Gibson pulled the plug on Rhodes' proposed switch from Blackburn Rovers after claims the Scotsman's representatives insisted on a series of financial clauses that would have taken their client's contract above the Teessiders' wage ceiling.

However, with the Rhodes camp insisting Boro's negotiating team had agreed to all of their demands before unexpectedly calling off talks, it is understood the ongoing interest in McCormack played a part in yesterday's developments.

McCormack has long been Aitor Karanka's preferred choice of attacking acquisition this month, and the breakdown of the Rhodes deal has created an opportunity for Boro to make a final offer to Fulham.

The Teessiders are expected to offer £12m for McCormack, who joined Fulham in an £11m move from Leeds United in July 2014, with Kike potentially being used as part of any deal.

Fulham are prepared to offer the Scotsman a new contract in order to keep him at Craven Cottage, but sources close to McCormack claim he is extremely keen to move to Teesside.

He submitted a formal transfer request in an attempt to force through a deal last week, and Boro's willingness to table a deadline-day offer reflects a confidence that personal terms can be agreed swiftly if an agreement can be reached with Fulham.

Although City officials last night refused to completely rule out a late swoop for Smith, their chances will be wrecked if McCormack exits Craven Cottage before the 11pm deadline.

Read more: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/BRISTOL-CITY-Boro-ready-bid-12m-Ross-McCormack/story-28645664-detail/story.html#ixzz3yvABVAAi
Follow us: @BristolPost on Twitter | bristolpost on Facebook