watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - David Beckham

Started by BigbadBillyMcKinley, February 03, 2016, 07:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigbadBillyMcKinley

To me, he's god. But there is a big deal being being made of him buying a paramedic and patient a hot drink each. What's so amazing about a man with close to £200 million quid, spending a fiver? Yes, he didn't have to. But I've done the same on numerous occasions and didn't do it for recognition.
Maybe it's me being a cynic, and that its 7am and I hate mornings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

RaySmith

I think a lot of stars wouldn't have thought to do something like this. It's the thought that counts rather than the money.

Presumably he didn't just do it for favourable publicity. Well, I think he would know that his action could well be misinterpreted by the cynical out there on social media.

As far as I can tell, he does seem a decent bloke.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Don't get me wrong, I think he's the perfect role model for kids. They should watch him and his behaviour, rather than someone like John Terry.
Maybe I'm just looking into it a bit deeply.

Everything is difficult before it's easy!

alexbishop

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on February 03, 2016, 07:36:07 AM
Don't get me wrong, I think he's the perfect role model for kids. They should watch him and his behaviour, rather than someone like John Terry.
Maybe I'm just looking into it a bit deeply.

I do think you're reading into it a bit deeply. Good man does good thing. End of story really. People like actions that reaffirm their views on a celeb.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Mince n Tatties

I think he is a superb father  as well,and has brought
his kids up to respect people no matter what their status.
And regardless of his wealth they are not spoiled.

Dr Know

Anything the Beckhams do is for publicity.

dannyboi-ffc

I love him. He is such a great role model and comes across as a great person. It wouldn't even cross my mind that he did this for good PR. It's just a nice thing to do regardless of your wealth. We have to be careful criticising attention for a good deed. I remember a couple of years ago his wife was over with the kids and didn't tip the watress in pizza express.  The watress sold the pointless story to the media and said she couldn't believe how tight she was. So either way they can't win if we moan.

I do agree though that a celebrity is made to be a Saint for the simplest of things. Beckham gave up a fiver to be kind where as I could give a homeless person my very last pound and be left with nothing. Yet the fiver is more generous because it's more money despite the fact that to him a fiver is nothing.

But that's the way it is. Celebrities are hyped over everything. And alot of them do it to look good where as Beckham doesn't seem that type.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

VicHalomsLovechild

A few years ago the company my brother worked for built some motor bikes for  Tom Cruise (he ordered one for DB as well) The bikes where delivered to Spain. Where Tom and JLow were finishing a film. Along with the bikes went several of the mechanics as the bikes where to be used in a bit of press/tv release. Tom, JLow and DB came out waved at the crowds faced the cameras talk to the press etc. Then DB turned round shook the hands of the mechanics asked them about the bikes and chatted away. My brother was impressed with the fact that he spent some time with them despite the calls of photographers etc.
   In an age where so many are waiting for people to slip up and a camera is rolling to record the event. He manages to avoid the pitfalls, stay grounded and as Dannyboi says is a great role model.
   Lots of people don't get recognition for doing a simple kindness and that's the issue. We don't praise the kindness in people as much as we all should.

FPT

Who's to say David Beckham did it for recognition? He's a superstar, I believe that when he does things like this he's being David Beckham at the heart.

You can't stop the press reporting what they want to report - it's news because its David Beckham doing a nice thing. That doesn't take away from the average Joe doing the same, just a global superstar doing such a genuine thing.

CincyFulham1

The paramedic tweeted the picture not Beckham, so how did he do it for publicity

nose

Is it good PR or him being a good bloke? I think the good bloke is much more likely because he doesn't really need the publicity. So the story made me feel good and I want to believe well of him.

Dr Know

Quote from: CincyFulham1 on February 03, 2016, 11:49:39 AM
The paramedic tweeted the picture not Beckham, so how did he do it for publicity
He could have asked the paramedic not to tweet it  to keep it private !

Barry White

Quote from: Dr Know on February 03, 2016, 12:33:32 PM
Quote from: CincyFulham1 on February 03, 2016, 11:49:39 AM
He could have asked the paramedic not to tweet it  to keep it private !

Would you keep it private if you just met David Beckham !?

Love the man and stuff like this is why he is a proper national treasure.

Dr Know

I wouldnt want to meet him at all.With the beckhams its all about them.As a footballer he irritated the hell out of me and with that wife of his why cant they bugger of to the usa for good.

terryr

Quote from: Dr Know on February 03, 2016, 03:13:49 PM
I wouldnt want to meet him at all.With the beckhams its all about them.As a footballer he irritated the hell out of me and with that wife of his why cant they bugger of to the usa for good.
Was your milk sour in your cereal this morning?
Lighten up......the little story is far from negative and regardless shows DB is a decent Bloke.
Nice to have a decent story for a change

Logicalman

Quote from: Dr Know on February 03, 2016, 08:40:02 AM
Anything the Beckhams do is for publicity.

Not quite.

Anything the Beckhams do IS publicity, as with most celebrities, the difference between Becks and a large number of others, he so very rarely does anything that courts bad publicity or places him in a bad light.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: TerryR on February 03, 2016, 04:00:41 PM
Quote from: Dr Know on February 03, 2016, 03:13:49 PM
Was your milk sour in your cereal this morning?
Lighten up......the little story is far from negative and regardless shows   DB is a decent Bloke.

Why thank you Terry. I do try............ :dft011:
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

YankeeJim

The rich & famous never get credit when they should and far to much credit when they shouldn't.
One of the most vilified men of the past few years, George W Bush, never left Washington DC over the Christmas holidays until Dec 26. That enabled his entourage (Secret Service, housing staff, reporters, etc.) to spend Christmas with their families. A simple, human touch by a man thought to be horrible by many.
Becks has lived in LA for some time now and I haven't noticed any bad press. Apparently, Posh tips on this side of the pond.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: YankeeJim on February 03, 2016, 06:01:05 PM
The rich & famous never get credit when they should and far to much credit when they shouldn't.
One of the most vilified men of the past few years, George W Bush, never left Washington DC over the Christmas holidays until Dec 26. That enabled his entourage (Secret Service, housing staff, reporters, etc.) to spend Christmas with their families. A simple, human touch by a man thought to be horrible by many.
Becks has lived in LA for some time now and I haven't noticed any bad press. Apparently, Posh tips on this side of the pond.

Nice touch by Bush,there will be others that do the
same.
But lots only want to see or read about the bad side
of folks..Sad really..

New Kid on the Block

If the Secret Service were spending time with their families, who was protecting him?