more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (06/02/16)...

Started by WhiteJC, February 06, 2016, 08:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Garbutt Aiming To Prevent Derby From Implementing Their Style

Luke Garbutt says Fulham need to be on the 'front foot and aggressive' from the first whistle in order to stop Derby County playing their own game when the two sides meet this afternoon.

Paul Clement's Derby make the trip to Craven Cottage to face a Cottagers team that have endured a contrasting campaign.

Fulham reside 19th in the Sky Bet Championship – three points above the relegation zone – and are working through a period of change after Slaviša Jokanović was appointed as the club's new Head Coach just a few days after Boxing Day.

Jokanović is still waiting for his first victory since being named as Kit Symons' successor, but Garbutt says he and players have taken to 'high intensity' methods.

It is that style that Clement and his squad will have to be prepared for when they face the Cottagers this afternoon, kick-off: 3pm.

Garbutt told the media ahead of the game: "The new Head Coach has had a good period to work with the team to try and put his methods and his ideas across to the players.

"That high tempo and pressing game is what he wants, and a lot of energy, so that's why the training's been at the intensity it has.

"The lads have taken to it. It's different but taking it into the game tomorrow hopefully we can put his ideas across and have a positive impact in the match.

"I think he's been pleased with how we've reacted in training. If we can implement his ideas then that's going to breed confidence in the players."

On Derby, he added: "I don't expect anything different from Derby.I think they're going to play their style, their way. For the majority of the season it's been successful for them.

"We just need to focus on ourselves and we know on our day we can beat anyone. I just think confidence has been a little bit low.

"But the new coach has come in and said to all the players that we need to express ourselves and be positive and aggressive, so that's one thing we need to take into the game tomorrow; be on the front foot, be aggressive, and don't let them play their game."

Jokanović also spoke to the media ahead of the Championship clash in the Capital.

His side faced the Rams promotion rivals Hull City last time – in which they narrowly lost 1-0 – and the Serbian boss has challenged his side to build on and better their performance against the Tigers.

Jokanović said:  "Derby have been trying to be a promoted team for a few years, and it is not an easy job.

"They made some important investments and they are one of the teams who very clearly want to make this step.

"Actually right now in this moment, we have different targets, but I believe we competed very well in our last game [against Hull City].

"I am an optimist; I believe we can make something similar with a different end of the game."

"I believe we are going to be stronger, more solid, and more competitive," he said. "I repeat many times how my team is in a process.

"We made a good game against Hull two weeks ago, but I expect we can still be better and, what is more important, I expect we can start to win the games.

"We are a Championship team in 19th position and the first target is to do everything to push this team to make us a little bit safer in the table."

Read more at http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/garbutt-aiming-to-prevent-derby-from-implementing-their-style-2941107.aspx#XxDK7DuHmcUc8zwp.99

WhiteJC

#FFCRadio

Lasse Vigen Christensen is the exclusive feature interviewee on Saturday's #FFCRadio show, with the youngster discussing the threat posed by Derby County and the two weeks of intense training in the build-up to the game.

We'll also be hearing from Zakaria Labyad, Rohan Ince and Michael Madl following their arrivals at the Club on loan, while Jesse Joronen speaks to #FFCRadio following his return to action for the Under-21s.

We shall be catching up with Press Association Sports Reporter Simon Peach as well to get his take on the latest goings on at Fulham, and presenter Sammy James will be getting the thoughts of a Derby County fan.

Sammy will be with you an hour prior to kick-off, before handing over to Gentleman Jim and Sean Davis for live commentary of the game.

Don't forget you can catch up on all the best bits from our previous games by visiting our Omny page.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/february/05/ffcradio-derby