https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (06/02/16)...

Started by WhiteJC, February 06, 2016, 08:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

WhiteJC

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic has reinforcements at his disposal

Boss Slavisa Jokanovic has a host of new faces at his disposal for Fulham's home clash against Derby.

The Cottagers signed midfield pair Zakaria Labyad and Rohan Ince on loan from Sporting Lisbon and Brighton respectively on transfer deadline day and brought in defender Michael Madl from Sturm Graz.

Centre-back Fernando Amorebieta is also in contention after his loan at Middlesbrough was cut short and the Venezuela international returned to west London early.

Young striker Moussa Dembele saw a proposed move to Tottenham collapse on Monday and he is likely to be involved.

Darren Bent and Andreas Weimann will return to the Derby squad.

Neither player has featured since the FA Cup win at Hartlepool on January 9 but head coach Paul Clement, who began his coaching career at Fulham and spent seven years at the club, will include both on Saturday as he looks at more attacking options.

Clement will make changes after the goalless home draw with Preston in midweek. Bradley Johnson was replaced by Jeff Hendrick in the only change on Tuesday night and he will be pushing for a recall in midfield.

Recent signing Markus Olsson is an option in defence as he awaits his Derby debut while Johnny Russell is also vying for a starting role.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/english-league-championship/match/423148/fulham-derby-county/preview

WhiteJC

Clement More Determined Than Ever To Turn The Tide

Paul Clement says he and his squad are 'more determined than ever' to set the record straight when he returns to familiar surroundings this weekend.

Derby County will make their way to the Capital to take on Fulham at Craven Cottage on Saturday afternoon, kick-off: 3pm.

The Rams will go into the game looking to arrest a six-game run without a win in the Sky Bet Championship after they were forced to settle for a 0-0 draw at home to Preston North End on Tuesday evening.

The result, though, moved Clement and his side up a place to fourth in the league standings, but after a 'frustrating' run of results, the Derby Head Coach has set his sights on the club maintaining and betting their lofty position through their own form rather than others.

Speaking to Rams Player HD, he said: "We know that January was very, very frustrating and that run has gone into the first game of February as well.

"Things can still change very quickly, though, in this league. Even though we didn't perform particularly well the other night in terms of chance creation in the game, we picked up a point and moved up a place in the table.

"It was a very strange evening, but we know that we have to get back to winning ways.

"The fact we are where we are in the league table is down to some of the other results that have happened around us.

"I believe that those things are going to happen right up until the end of the season. The focus has to be on us, though, and making sure that we are getting the right results.

"I have got a good dressing room, we're all disappointed about the current run of results, but it makes us more determined than ever to put things right."

This weekend will see Clement travel to Fulham – a former employer of his – for the first time as a Head Coach.

The Derby boss holds fond memories from his seven-year spell at Craven Cottage, where although he worked in the club's Academy set-up, he got his deep insight into the life of a Head Coach.

"I started there in 2000 and had seven years at the club – all based in the Academy," Clement said.

"I had lots of different jobs, but also got to see at very close quarters at how Jean Tigana managed the side during the time that they went up as First Division Champions.

"They played excellent football, scored a lot of goals and had players like Steed Malbranque and Louis Saha in the team.

"I learned a lot from a coaching point of view there because it was my first real look at a foreign influence.

"Jean was excellent on the training field, really good technique and then after that Chris Coleman came in and took the club even further. It was a really good time."

Derby will be looking to complete their first double of the season this weekend when they take on Fulham, after they ran out 2-0 winners at the iPro Stadium on Boxing Day – their last victory in the league.

Clement and his side will be backed by over 4,000 travelling supporters when they make the trip to Craven Cottage.

He believes they have a big part in helping the side overcome their recent winless streak.

On Saturday's game, Clement added: "We played Fulham recently and put in a decent performance on Boxing Day.

"It was a game that we won and at that moment we were at the top of the table.

"We have fallen down since then, but I think it will be a game that is open, that will have chances and a win is going to give us the confidence that we really need at this point.

"The majority of the more open games we have played have been away from home.

"Our record on the road is better than that at home and a big reason for that is the way teams set-up against us when they come to the iPro Stadium."

On the travelling support, the Head Coach added: "I have heard that there will be 4,000, which will be the most that we have had for an away game.

"That's fantastic. The support all season, home and away, has been amazing.

"The turnout week in, week out, has been fabulous and I completely understand the frustration of the supporters with the performances that we are showings, particularly at home. They can help us get through this."

Read more at http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/clement-more-determined-than-ever-to-turn-the-tide-2938987.aspx#gTuDH1oPVELgusI0.99

WhiteJC

DEMBELE WANTS FULHAM EXIT
MAN UNITED SET TO MOVE FOR TOTTENHAM TARGET FOLLOWING CONTRACT SNUB

Manchester United have been boosted in their chase to sign Tottenham Hotspur target Moussa Dembele from Fulham, Football Insider reports.

The 19-year-old was linked with both clubs during the January window and was believed to have already reached an agreement over a switch to Spurs.

However, his transfer broke down on deadline day after Tottenham refused to let the striker remain with his current side until the summer.

WANT MORE? >> Manchester United Transfer News | Tottenham Hotspur Transfer News

Following the collapsed transfer, Fulham offered Dembele a new four-year deal, but saw their attempts rejected as he was keen to complete a move elsewhere.

Should they fail to agree terms over a new contract, they could miss out on a full compensation fee if he decides to join a foreign club in the future.

Both mentioned clubs were keen to add another forward into their squad and could reignite interest in the services of the France Under-20 star at the end of the season.

He has featured 27 times in all competition for his side this term, so far scoring 11 goals while providing another two assists.

http://www.footballfancast.com/football-news/man-united-set-to-move-for-tottenham-target-following-contract-snub?

WhiteJC

Keogh Calls For Braver Approach At Fulham

Richard Keogh has called on Derby County to 'loosen the shackles' when they resume their Sky Bet Championship campaign with a trip to Fulham tomorrow.

The Rams will head to the Capital looking to arrest their six-game winless run in the league after they were forced to settle for a 0-0 draw at home to Preston North End on Tuesday evening.

For Keogh and the rest of the back four, they were able to keep their first clean sheet since Boxing Day after conceding 10 goals in their previous three outings.

"We have proved this year that defensively we are very strong," Keogh toldRams Player HD.

"We went through a stage that has been unlike us in general as a team, where a few freak things happened, and things didn't happen for us individually.

"It's about reacting, though, and it was important on Tuesday that we got back to how we have been and being solid at the back and keeping a clean sheet. That was a big positive for us."

As Derby look to record their first victory of the new calendar year, Keogh has also reflected on a hugely frustrating period for the club.

With confidence naturally a big talking point surrounding the club, the 29-year-old defender admits the squad need to be 'a bit braver' and show their evident attacking quality.

He added: "It has been frustrating and that's something that everyone is feeling. As players, we understand that it hasn't been as good as it has been since the turn of the year.

"Teams are coming with a different plan having played us once. It's a compliment to us that teams who play us are more defensive, but we have got to be a bit more fluid at times and be a bit braver.

"At times maybe we are too safe, but that happens when you are searching for something and don't want to mistake.

"We have got so much quality up front and, again, we have shown that already this season. We just need to loosen the shackles a little bit.

"We dominated the game on Tuesday and on another day, if we had got the first goal, it would have been a completely different outcome.

"The longer it went on, Preston had something to hold on to. We need to be able to find the answers to that."

With that, Keogh believes that playing away from the iPro Stadium could be benefit to the side on that front.

Fulham are amongst the second tier's leading scorers, but by the same token have conceded the second most amount of goals on home soil so far this season.

Keogh, though, insists that when Derby find a way of opening the door they won't look back.

"We have been away from home and the home team has played like an away side when we have visited," the Republic of Ireland international said.

"As the season goes on and teams are fighting for the different things, whether that is promotion or trying to stay in the league, teams are going to have to come out and be a little more open.

"We have shown when teams open up against us, that's when we are a very dangerous team. When we faced Wolves at home is a prime example of that.

"From that game, teams have looked at that and have seen they can't be open so it is down to us as players to take on board what we need to do to try and open the door because when we start doing that, we won't look back."

Read more at http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/keogh-calls-for-braver-approach-at-fulham-2939510.aspx#TXe0uw2PLc21u7fQ.99

WhiteJC

Fulham fancied to beat Derby

Fulham to beat Derby is one of our top tips for the Sky Bet Football League this weekend.

Fulham: Boosted by Dembele and McCormack staying

Back Fulham to beat Derby

Derby's stumble continued in midweek as a 0-0 draw at home to Preston made it six Sky Bet Championship matches without a win. The Rams now sit fourth with a five-point gap to second-placed Middlesbrough and I can't be backing them as big favourites to bag three points at Fulham on Saturday afternoon. The Cottagers need to get going quickly but nearly 3/1 looks worth considering for the home win with the big boost of star duo Ross McCormack and Moussa Dembele remaining at the club after deadline day. Slavisa Jokanovic has plenty of work to do in order to keep Fulham clear of relegation trouble but this looks like a good time to back his side.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/league-two/news/article/422/10154922/-?

WhiteJC

Rhythm Section

Lasse Vigen Christensen is itching to feature against Derby County on Saturday and banish the memories of his most recent outing in a Fulham shirt. With the Whites not in action last weekend, the Dane has had far too long to reflect on the penalty he gave away late on against Hull City that saw the Tigers snatch an unjust win in SW6.

Abel Hernandez slotted home from the spot with 10 minutes left after Christensen had slipped in the area and pulled Moses Odubajo to the ground. It led to a 1-0 defeat for Fulham that the midfielder took some time to get over.

"The mistake I made was obviously letting him [Odubajo] get that yard on me," Christensen told the official matchday programme. "I knew he was quick and at that stage in the game I didn't have the same legs that I'd had in the first half when I thought I dealt with him well. As I was trying to get with him, my legs went and I slipped. I didn't really mean to put in a challenge, but that's no excuse.

"It was very disappointing, especially as we'd played well in the game and deserved to get something out of it. Yeah, I was upset afterwards. I'd put a lot into the game, as had the other boys, and we felt we were closer to winning it than losing. Scott Parker came over to me in the dressing room and said, 'It might actually be a good thing for you, because you'll learn from it. These things will happen to everyone at some stage and it's how you deal with it.'

"But at the time it was tough to take and I thought about it for the next few days. That's when it's nice to have another game to quickly focus on, but we didn't in this case. But I've moved on now and I'll do better in the future."

It wasn't that long ago that newspaper speculation repeatedly linked Christensen with a move away from SW6 to the top flight. This year it was the turn of Ross McCormack and Moussa Dembélé to dominate the column inches, but the pair remained Fulham players when the winter transfer window slammed shut on Monday.

"They're both quality players, really important for us," said Lasse. "They can score a goal out of nothing and those kind of players are hard to find. It was important to keep them here and it was a good statement from the Club in showing we want to keep hold of our best players."

To read the full interview with Christensen, pick up a copy of Saturday's award-winning matchday programme.

Other highlights in the only matchday magazine that matters - which is also available to download digitally from 9am on Saturday - are:

Head Coach Slaviša Jokanović pens his programme notes
Captain Scott Parker assesses Fulham's dealings in the winter transfer window
Derby's Chris Baird looks ahead to his first return to SW6 since his departure in 2013
Shaun Hutchinson answers some random questions in the 'Name Game'
Rory Hamill recalls his eventful spell in SW6
Youngster Jerome Opoku is profiled in 'Through The Ranks'
Les Strong brings fans his latest column
And we continue to take a walk down memory lane to the 1998/99 promotion-winning season

Priced £3.50, the 84-page publication is available from various sellers on Stevenage Road from two hours before kick-off. Or order it online from ProgrammeMaster.

For just £1.99, the programme is also available as a digital download with added video content from 9am on Saturday, so whether you're at home or away, you need never be without it on your iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, PC or Mac via Apple's Newsstand or Pocketmags.

Or to ensure you don't miss a single copy of the official matchday programme, purchase an annual subscription. Head here for full details.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/february/05/rhythm-section?

WhiteJC

Derby County Factfile

Fulham and Derby County will both be going for a first league win of 2016 when the sides meet at Craven Cottage on Saturday afternoon.

The opposition

After a slow start to the season, Derby really hit their stride come September and a 10-game unbeaten run, which included eight victories, saw them firmly establish themselves in the Play-Offs places, just one point off top spot.

A sequence of just one defeat in the subsequent nine matches continued their excellent campaign, with the 2-0 win over Fulham on Boxing Day taking them to first position in the Sky Bet Championship.

That was their most recent league win, though, and a points tally of just three from a possible 18 has seen them slide to fourth.

Team news

Head coach Paul Clement has said Darren Bent and Andreas Weimann will be back in his squad for the trip to Craven Cottage after the pair were left out of Tuesday's goalless draw with Preston North End.

Tickets

Tickets are still available for fans to purchase on General Sale, priced from just £25 for adults and £15 for juniors. Prices will increase by £5 on matchday.

Weather

It will be overcast in SW6 on Saturday, and there is potential for rain between 3-5pm. Temperatures will be around the 11-degree mark.

Coral match odds

Fulham: 13/5

Draw: 12/5

Derby: 21/20

Last time we met

In a tight game, an unfortunate own goal from Emerson Hyndman and Jacob Butterfield's late strike sent Derby top of the league as they beat Fulham 2-0 on Boxing Day.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/february/05/derby-county-factfile?

WhiteJC

DEMBELE DOESN'T WANT FULHAM STAY...
SPURS TRANSFER BOOST... JANUARY TARGET REJECTS QUADRUPLE MONEY CONTRACT OFFER

Moussa Dembele has turned down a contract offer from Fulham, which would have seen his salary quadrupled to £20,000-per-week, according to reports from Football Insider.

The 19-year-old Frenchman was heavily linked with Spurs throughout the winter transfer window, but his proposed move across London collapsed late on.

With the teenager in the last six months of his contract at Craven Cottage, Fulham are, naturally, eager to tie him down to new terms, but a free transfer this summer beckons after he rejected their latest offer.

Reports claim that the Cottagers were willing to increase Dembele's earnings from £5,000 to £20,000-per-week for the next four years.

However, the player himself appears eager to keep his options open, with a Bosman move possessing the potential to get him back into a top division on a lucrative deal.

Even if he does leave on a 'free transfer', Fulham would be due a compensation fee due to his age.

http://www.footballfancast.com/premier-league/tottenham/spurs-transfer-boost-january-target-rejects-quadruple-money-contract-offer?

WhiteJC

Enterprise Challenge

Burntwood Academy is representing Fulham Football Club in the Play-Offs of the Premier League Enterprise Challenge 2015/16, in the hope of reaching the Final in London and being crowned champions.

Twenty-nine school groups representing Premier League and Football League Clubs have made it through to this year's Play-Offs. The business and skills based challenge is run by the Premier League and Sport Relief, which this year tasked pupils with working on a strategy to help encourage fans to spend more time at stadiums on match days. Six of these groups – one from each Play-Off – will progress to the Final, where they will go head-to-head to pitch their idea to a panel of judges from the world of sport and business.

The Play-Offs will this year be hosted by Stoke City, Newcastle United, Manchester City and Arsenal, with the latter two clubs each hosting two days of judging. The winning team from each day will then be invited to present at the Final in London on 9 March 2016.

Since its introduction in 2009, 10,000 young people aged between 13 and 17 have taken part in the programme which uses business models of professional football clubs to deliver enterprise education, with another 1,000 set to take part in this year's competition.

Premier League Executive Chairman, Richard Scudamore, who set this year's task, said: "I am sure this year's challenge, our eighth, will produce even better ideas generated by even more enthusiastic and engaged young people. Our successful partnership with Sport Relief, Premier League and Football League clubs, to deliver education with football as the backdrop, continues to bring new and exciting entrepreneurs to the fore. I look forward to seeing the six Play-Off winning groups at the Final in March."

Comic Relief Chief Executive Officer, Kevin Cahill, added: "We're very proud to be working alongside the Premier League once again as part of this exciting initiative. The Premier League Enterprise Challenge uses the power of sport, in this case football, to engage and excite young people to learn about business. The skills they learn will be invaluable in later life and ultimately this is what Sport Relief is all about – bringing the entire nation together to help change lives."

Businessman and Sport Relief supporter Theo Paphitis will be back in the Judges chair for the second Final in a row. He commented: "Enterprise is what I do, it's what I believe in. This scheme is excellent. We have got engagement, passion, community, entrepreneurship and youngsters. That's an incredibly powerful cocktail to send messages out to your community."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/february/05/enterprise-challenge?

WhiteJC

Fulham v Derby preview

Rohan Ince: Set to make his Fulham debut

Boss Slavisa Jokanovic has a host of new faces at his disposal for Fulham's home clash against Derby.

The Cottagers signed midfield pair Zakaria Labyad and Rohan Ince on loan from Sporting Lisbon and Brighton respectively on transfer deadline day and brought in defender Michael Madl from Sturm Graz.

Centre-back Fernando Amorebieta is also in contention after his loan at Middlesbrough was cut short and the Venezuela international returned to west London early.

Young striker Moussa Dembele saw a proposed move to Tottenham collapse on Monday and he is likely to be involved.

Darren Bent and Andreas Weimann will return to the Derby squad.

Neither player has featured since the FA Cup win at Hartlepool on January 9 but head coach Paul Clement, who began his coaching career at Fulham and spent seven years at the club, will include both on Saturday as he looks at more attacking options.

Clement will make changes after the goalless home draw with Preston in midweek. Bradley Johnson was replaced by Jeff Hendrick in the only change on Tuesday night and he will be pushing for a recall in midfield.

Recent signing Markus Olsson is an option in defence as he awaits his Derby debut while Johnny Russell is also vying for a starting role.

http://www.skysports.com/football/fulham-vs-derby/preview/339885?

WhiteJC

Derby County: Anton Rippon says there have been some Fulham thrillers but we'll take a scruffy win

BOXING Day already seems a world away. There we were, more than 32,000 of us – the biggest crowd of the season at that point – packed into the iPro Stadium to see the Rams beat Fulham 2-0 to take over at the top of the Championship.

An own goal and a late strike from Jacob Butterfield sent the vast majority home in happy mood to face cold turkey.

The Rams were on their way. Thoughts of the play-offs had been replaced by talk of automatic promotion.

But this is football – and this is Derby County. Today the Rams travel to Craven Cottage looking for their first League win since Boxing Day.

Matches between the clubs have often produced lots of goals. Twice in eight weeks alone in 2014 Derby scored five against Fulham, in the Championship and in the League Cup respectively.

Fulham loom large in my Rams memory bank.

In August 1957 I hung around Spalding railway station – I was staying at my grandmother's – waiting for the evening paper.

At Fulham the Rams were starting their first season after winning the Third Division North. The papers arrived, I bought one and turned to the stop press: "Fulham 2 Derby County 0". Oh well.

Eighteen months later, on a blustery February day at the Baseball Ground, Fulham's "Brylcreem Boy", Johnny Haynes, never got a look-in as the Rams' little George Darwin ran the show in a 2-0 Derby win. George scored one, Johnny Hannigan the other.

In May 1983 I was called as a witness at an FA-Football League hearing when promotion-chasing Fulham wanted their final match of the season replayed after Rams fans had invaded the Baseball Ground pitch.

The Cottagers never had a hope of the match – abandoned with 78 seconds remaining with Derby winning 1-0 – being restaged.

Derby were already assured of their Second Division place. Fulham had to stay where they were too.

We need some Rams goals – a rare commodity these days – at Craven Cottage this afternoon.

A similar scoreline to that of January 1951 would do nicely.The Rams scored plenty that season, including six against Middlesbrough and Sunderland (who got five in reply), five against Charlton Athletic – and five at Fulham.

The Derby Telegraph reported: "The Rams played brilliant football to gain a magnificent 5-3 win against Fulham in a match that was charged with thrills and suspense.

"The performance of the attack was as bright and colourful as the lights that flashed and twinkled in Piccadilly Circus before the power cut. The leading light was Jack Lee, whose electrifying bursts of speed and deadly shooting earned him his third hat-trick of the season."

Jack Stamps opened the scoring in the first minute. Arthur Stevens equalised four minutes later. Only 60 seconds after that, Lee restored Derby's lead. Before a quarter of an hour had been played it was 2-2, thanks to Fulham's Arthur Brennan. Lee made it 3-2 in the 21st minute. Stamps scored Derby's fourth in the 25th and although Brennan found the net again 10 minutes after half-time, with nine minutes remaining Lee completed his hat-trick.

"This was a game that the fans dream about but seldom see. Midfield play was cut down to a minimum, action being confined almost exclusively to first one penalty area and then to the other," said the Derby Telegraph.

Forget the excitement. Today we'll settle for the scruffiest of 1-0 wins.

Read more: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Anton-Rippon-says-Fulham-thrillers/story-28678592-detail/story.html#ixzz3zNGxgAGR
Follow us: @DerbyTelegraph on Twitter | derbytelegraph on Facebook

WhiteJC

Fulham v Derby County
BBC Coverage
How To Follow :
Listen on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio; text commentary on the BBC Sport website

TEAM NEWS
Fulham's new midfield pair of Zakaria Labyad and Rohan Ince will be available to face Derby after signing on loan from Sporting Lisbon and Brighton.

Defender Fernando Amorebieta returns to Craven Cottage after he was recalled from his loan at Middlesbrough.

Derby's strike force of Darren Bent and Andreas Weimann will return to Paul Clement's side as the Rams boss looks to strengthen his options up front.

Defender Marcus Olsson is available after signing from Blackburn.

MATCH FACTS
Fulham are unbeaten in five home league meetings with the Rams (W2 D3), last losing 1-0 in April 1969.
Although they haven't won at Craven Cottage in a league game since 1969, Derby won 5-2 there last season in a League Cup tie.
Fulham have conceded in all of their previous 17 games - the longest streak for goals conceded in the Championship this season.
Derby County are still looking for their first Championship win of 2016 (D2 L3).
The Cottagers have won just one of their last 14 Championship games (D5 L8).
Derby have conceded 12 of their 25 goals this season in their last six games.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35447259

WhiteJC

Jokanović's Derby County Preview

Although Fulham and Derby County may have different objectives in the league at this moment, Slaviša Jokanović is confident his side can emerge with three points on Saturday.

Despite the fact Derby are enduring a winless run of their own, the Rams still find themselves firmly in the Play-Off mix, but our Head Coach has backed his side ahead of the Craven Cottage fixture.

"Derby have been trying to be a promoted team for a few years, and it is not an easy job," he said in his pre-match press conference. "They made some important investments and they are one of the teams who very clearly want to make this step.

"Actually right now in this moment, we have different targets, but I believe we competed very well in our last game [against Hull City]. I am an optimist, I believe we can make something similar with a different end of the game."

There were plenty of positives to take from the narrow 1-0 defeat to the league-leading Tigers last time out, and Jokanović insists his side will continue to improve.

"I believe we are going to be stronger, more solid, and more competitive," he said. "I repeat many times how my team is in a process.

"We made a good game against Hull two weeks ago, but I expect we can still be better and, what is more important, I expect we can start to win the games.

"We are a Championship team in 19th position and the first target is to do everything to push this team to make us a little bit safer in the table."

Tickets for Saturday's game are still available to buy, priced from £25 adults and £15 juniors.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/february/05/jokanovics-derby-preview?

WhiteJC

Fulham will build a team around Ross McCormack, promises boss Slavisa Jokanovic

Whites intend to keep their top scorer who missed out on a money-spinning move to Middlesbrough as side prepare to battle Derby and avoid relegation

Long term: Ross McCormack

Fulham not only plan to keep Ross McCormack long term - they intend to build a team around him and improve their fortunes.

So claims Slavisa Jokanovic who insists the club's top striker has got over the disappointment of missing out on a £9 million move to Middlesbrough.

Jokanovic believes things are 'calm' now the transfer window has shut despite leaving the Scotland international battling to avoid relegation rather than looking towards the Premier League with Boro.

His manager added that McCormack will play a pivotal part in Whites fortunes, now, starting with a home fixture to Derby tomorrow, and in the future.

"Now everything is calm (after the transfer window). Ross McCormack is our key player and we will build a team around him for the future," the coach added.

"He is the best striker in the league and if we decide to sell him, then it would be hard to replace him with something we have right now in our hands."

In the hot seat: GetWestLondon asks the questions at Fulham's press conference

"I spoke with him, and Ross is more calm and concentrated, and our job is looking to the future."

Jokanovic insisted he sensed no disappointment in the player Fulham paid Leeds a reported £11million for in summer 2014.

"In this business, he understands very well all that can happen," he said.

But Jokanovic flat-batted the offer of any new contract to someone who is under wraps until 2019 already.

He said: "Right now, we don't have any reason to change this position. Things happen in natural steps."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-build-team-around-ross-10847016?

WhiteJC

Jokanović: Great Job

Slaviša Jokanović was pleased with Fulham's business in the January transfer window, particularly as the Club was operating under a transfer embargo.

Michael Madl, Rohan Ince and Zakaria Labyad all arrived on temporary deals, while Fernando Amorebieta returned from his loan at Middlesbrough ahead of schedule to further swell the ranks.

"I have to be happy we brought in some players who we believe are really going to help us in the future," Jokanović stated. "We know we are under embargo so it is not easy to find a player for us, but I believe Fulham made a great job.

"Definitely we needed fresh blood. It is different players; it is players who have Championship experience, some players who arrived are from abroad.

"I am very happy with our work and now in front of us is a more important day and tomorrow [against Derby] I expect we are going to show our best performance and win the game.

"As a group we push all together harder and I believe now we are more prepared than we were in the past."

While the acquisitions went down well with our Head Coach, he was just as pleased to hold onto certain players.

There was speculation aplenty regarding the futures of Ross McCormack and Moussa Dembélé, but Jokanović stressed throughout the window that they'd be going nowhere, and so it proved.

"I am very happy," he said of the situation. "They are our key players who are very important for us. Okay, in January we had some kind of situation, it is normal. Different clubs were interested in them but now everything is calm and they are available and concentrated on helping us.

"This is part of football. January is over and now in front of us is the next step, which is the game against Derby. We need to forget January and look at what is in front of us.

"Generally Ross McCormack is our key player and in the future we can build the team around him. If I have the best striker in the league and we decide to sell him, it would be difficult to find something similar to what we have right now in our hands."

Tickets for Saturday's game are still available to buy, priced from £25 adults and £15 juniors.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/february/05/jokanovic-great-job?

WhiteJC

Jokanović: Strength and Energy

As Fulham prepare to face Derby County, Head Coach Slaviša Jokanović believes our January signings are making the Whites more solid and energetic.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/february/05/head-coach-video?

WhiteJC

Garbutt: Express Ourselves

Luke Garbutt hopes two weeks of intense training pays dividends when Fulham welcome Derby County to Craven Cottage on Saturday.

The Whites haven't had a fixture since the narrow 1-0 defeat by Hull City on January 23rd, and Garbutt hopes his side can use that break to their advantage.

"The new Head Coach has had a good period to work with the team to try and put his methods and his ideas across to the players," he told fulhamfc.com.

"That high tempo and pressing game is what he wants, and a lot of energy, so that's why the training's been at the intensity it has.

"The lads have taken to it. It's different but taking it into the game tomorrow hopefully we can put his ideas across and have a positive impact in the match.

"I think he's been pleased with how we've reacted in training. If we can implement his ideas then that's going to breed confidence in the players."

Fulham are still searching for a first win under Slaviša Jokanović's leadership, but the performances recently have certainly been of an improved standard.

And Garbutt admitted he and his teammates are keen to give the Whites faithful something to shout about again.

"We want to go out there on a Saturday and get some positive results and put a smile back on the fans' faces," he said. "That's what we need. Obviously results haven't been going well for us of late so Saturday's all about getting the three points.

"We just need to get the win regardless of the performance, but obviously as professionals we want to play well and win, so you've got to balance it really."

Derby's winless run in the league stretches back even further than Fulham's, but Garbutt knows they'll still prove a fierce opponent.

"I don't expect anything different from them," he explained. "I think they're going to play their style, their way. For the majority of the season it's been successful for them.

"We just need to focus on ourselves and we know on our day we can beat anyone. I just think confidence has been a little bit low.

"But the new coach has come in and said to all the players that we need to express ourselves and be positive and aggressive, so that's one thing we need to take into the game tomorrow; be on the front foot, be aggressive, and don't let them play their game."

Be there to support Luke and the boys when they take on Derby County on Saturday! Tickets are priced from £25 for adults and £15 for juniors.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/february/05/luke-garbutt-express-ourselves?

WhiteJC

Williams scores in Fulham Under-21 draw

George Williams scored a late goal for Fulham but a 93rd-minute equaliser meant they drew 1-1 with West Bromwich Albion in the Under-21 Premier League.

Richard Stearman, who played the first half, Emerson Hyndman and Ben Pringle also featured for the home side at Motspur Park, where Williams fired home from near the edge of the penalty area with two minutes remaining.

Stephen Humphrys and Williams both had chances for Fulham before the latter eventually broke the deadlock, only for Joe Ward to level for Albion with a header right at the end.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/football-wls-fulham-youngsters-denied-by-injury-time-west-brom-goal

WhiteJC

G.M's Match Preview: Rams Must Rectify Results & Avoid Another Flop At Fulham

A huge Derby contingent of over four thousand fans will follow the Rams to Craven Cottage for the Fulham clash. The Rams will be hoping for a win to stem the tide following a run of poor form and results.

Derby played, at times some good football against a very well organised and hard working Preston side, however too many times players took an extra touch, the cross into the box hit the first man Warnock) or went for a goal kick (Blackman)when we had got round the back near the by-line.

Fans could tell Derby were not going to score although Bryson had a good chance late on. Derby did not have a single shot on target for the whole game and Preston deserved their point.

Paul Clement may opt to play Baird instead of Christie at right back as nothing seemed to come off for him against Preston. This will allow Ince more licence to go forward as he may need to track back less with Baird making fewer overlapping runs.

Hendrick played well and fully justified starting showing far more energy and athleticism than Johnson. Butterfield was quieter than normal and fans were surprised it was Hendrick and not him that was substituted for Bryson.

Thorne should continue in the holding role as long as Derby keeps the same formation. Bryson will be pushing for a start but surely has to be eased back in after not playing regularly for nearly a year now.

Blackman was again ineffective so fans may want to see Camara start, but this position may fall to Weimann who will return to the match day 18. His ex Aston Villa colleague Darren Bent will also return to the squad but will probably have to settle for a place on the bench.

Fans do not understand why Bent was not in the squad especially as the squad has not needed Baird or Olsson on the bench. The squad does not need so many wide players who are all similar types, providing much of a muchness.

Derby are struggling to score goals and Bent is a proven goal scorer. Clement does not do himself any favours with certain selections, formations and substitutions. Martin is likely to continue in the loan striker role with Ince on the right.

The stand out players for Fulham are forwards McCormack and Dembe as they both create and score goal and are a handful for any defence in the division.

Fulham have strengthened during the transfer window by signing the midfield pair of Zakaria Labyad and Rohan Ince on loan from Sporting Lisbon and Brighton. New manager Jokanovic may also involve defender Fernando Amorebieta as he returns to Craven Cottage after he was recalled from his loan at Middlesbrough.

Fulham are unbeaten in five home league meetings with the Rams having won three and drawn two dating back to 1969.

Derby will be hoping to create chances and score as Fulham have conceded in all of their previous 17 games, which is actually the longest streak for goals conceded in the Championship this season.

Fulham's form over recent months has also been below average having won just one of their last 14 Championship games. Derby will be hoping to capitalise on this by taking the game to Fulham and playing on the front foot as they did in the first half against Burnley.

Prediction:

The statistics and form guide show that both teams are on a poor run. This usually means the team that does not make the mistake of nervously sitting back and confidently takes the game to their opposition often comes out on top.

This time last season, Derby went to Fulham when they sat top of the league with huge expectancy and lost. We all know what happened in the following games after that.

This time Derby visit lacking results, confidence and expectation. Hopefully this will mean it is a complete turn around and Derby will win. However, Fulham do create chances and are likely to score.

Fulham 1-1 Derby with Hendrick to score.

The cheeky money would be on 2-1 for Derby and Bent to get the winner in front of the four thousand Rams faithful. We will see.........

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/derbycounty/news/41937/?