watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Derby sack their manager

Started by SP, February 08, 2016, 06:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Bit of a farce if you ask me...but you probably wont.   

092.gif

GrahamG

Is it because they couldn't even beat us!

Fulham76

Surely a fall out with the board!?!? Every team hits poor form at some stage during the season & yet they're still 5th & only 5 points from top spot.
Seems very strange to be sacked for that performance.

SP

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 08, 2016, 08:27:57 PM
Problem is they imploded last season when going well and it looks as if they are close to doing the same this season. Plus the money they have spent as everybody kept mentioning. Look at the players they had on their bench against us.

I don't follow other teams progress but was amazed that Ince was on the bench, he used to be a great player.

Barrett487

Sorry if someone's already said this, but was it just a coincidence that Moyes was at the Cottage to see the game?

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: SP on February 08, 2016, 09:06:07 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on February 08, 2016, 08:27:57 PM
Problem is they imploded last season when going well and it looks as if they are close to doing the same this season. Plus the money they have spent as everybody kept mentioning. Look at the players they had on their bench against us.

I don't follow other teams progress but was amazed that Ince was on the bench, he used to be a great player.

Surprised me as well. He would be the perfect sort of player to absolutely terrorise our defence.

Beamer

So we are the new management yardstick, if you can't beat Fulham at CC you are out. Steve Bruce must be a very relieved man.

westcliff white

apparently the average time a manage ris in a job with a championship manager these days is 1 year 4 months, he didnt even get that long
Every day is a Fulham day

alfie

and the players that fail to do their jobs are kept on.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Beamer on February 09, 2016, 07:37:58 AM
So we are the new management yardstick, if you can't beat Fulham at CC you are out. Steve Bruce must be a very relieved man.

Lol. Never not funny. It's becoming quite regular now the way coaches get sacked after playing us.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is because lots of teams see us as an easy 3 points.
Obviously they have massive expectations at Derby. McClown was sacked due to dropping the ball two years running. They are very desperate to succeed.
It does make me laugh but it is upsetting that we appear to others as a soft touch for 3 points in this division.
Hopefully Joka will turn this around
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

ron

Quote from: Carborundum on February 08, 2016, 07:33:48 PM
Quote from: SP on February 08, 2016, 06:46:55 PM
Harsh?
Three year contract, payoff after seven months work.  The world can be a far harsher place than this.

Hear, hear.  We mortals on normal salaries ...alright, pensions in my case..."feel the pain" of these spoilt darlings in this rather protected sport/business a little too much. Noblesse oblige means they take the inflated salaries and must then expect the boot at any time for any reason...and sometimes for no reason at all..