watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

liverpool prices

Started by nose, February 10, 2016, 10:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

apparently liverpool have backed down and scrapped the £77 ticket. they are freezing prices...

i am prepared to bet that that doesn't last. if they pick up on the pitch the prices will shoot up. but they do have to improve first.

fulhamben

Quote from: nose on February 10, 2016, 10:04:50 PM
apparently liverpool have backed down and scrapped the £77 ticket. they are freezing prices...

i am prepared to bet that that doesn't last. if they pick up on the pitch the prices will shoot up. but they do have to improve first.
They have frozen them for one year, so yes I expect they will go up on 2017 2018 season
but fair play to them, they didn't have to freeze them. But at the same time it's a ridiculous price for a mid table team
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Wingnut

These protests always seem to surface when they are playing badly. £77 per game is crazy money for most Liverpudlians. If Liverpool are near the top of the table next season, they'll put the prices up and nobody will complain.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Domino1879

Deplorable that the Premier clubs are getting a huge increase in TV revenue, but don't give a toss about the fans.  So expensive compared to the other top leagues in Europe.

nose

Quote from: Domino1879 on February 10, 2016, 10:40:35 PM
Deplorable that the Premier clubs are getting a huge increase in TV revenue, but don't give a toss about the fans.  So expensive compared to the other top leagues in Europe.

Ok, That is a better way of putting it than me.
I heard a liverpool say, and for once i agreed, we are treated as customers rather than fans. We are fans first, not classic customers in the way one viosits a theme park or hotel. The new owners are a disgrace IMO. When you go to old trafford there are hosts and hostesses shouting welcome to the theatre of dreams, what is tht all about, it should be welcome to old trafford, a very big football stadium where you are about to watch a football match in which the referee may as well be in red too!

Skatzoffc

Quote from: fulhamben on February 10, 2016, 10:07:56 PM

They have frozen them for one year, so yes I expect they will go up on 2017 2018 season
but fair play to them, they didn't have to freeze them. But at the same time it's a ridiculous price for a mid table team

The guardian said it was frozen for two seasons Ben.
Is that not the case?
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

fulhamben

Quote from: Skatzoffc on February 11, 2016, 05:57:51 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on February 10, 2016, 10:07:56 PM

The guardian said it was frozen for two seasons Ben.
Is that not the case?
might be now, when it was first announced it was just next seaaon
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: nose on February 11, 2016, 01:40:52 PM
Quote from: Domino1879 on February 10, 2016, 10:40:35 PM

Ok, That is a better way of putting it than me.
I heard a liverpool say, and for once i agreed, we are treated as customers rather than fans. We are fans first, not classic customers in the way one viosits a theme park or hotel. The new owners are a disgrace IMO. When you go to old trafford there are hosts and hostesses shouting welcome to the theatre of dreams, what is tht all about, it should be welcome to old trafford, a very big football stadium where you are about to watch a football match in which the referee may as well be in red too!

You might as well say that those who made the club a corporation and then made it public are a disgrace as well. Those that did would have known the value of preserving the character of the club and would have been savvy enough business men to understand the changes that would be coming eventually. There may have been ( I don't know ) protests of the original takeover of the club but, I can find no mention of it in a quick internet search. Anyway, taking a club public and making it far more corporate and in effect making it subject to far more scrutiny, regulation, and expense (most likely), is going to necessitate these kinds of decisions. The time for walkouts and protests was then. Now is far too late. The die has been cast.

Yes, protests can still be effective in changing the behavior of the club in the short term and even the changing of ownership as we have seen but, corporations are about profit first and individual fans second. By that, I mean a club the size of Liverpool will always find buyers for tickets. It's going to be more or less agnostic to the type of fan that it draws. That's not a smart thing IMO because the character of the fanbase is what has made Anfield and The Kop in particular. It's important to the club and the league IMHO. But, the corporate mentality will likely recognize and value it too late for it to be truly saved.

It looks to be a sad end for atmosphere and tradition in football in many ways.

It's also fine to cast shame upon the current owners ... everyone's right to their opinion and all that ... but, they are behaving exactly the way they always have. They did when they rid Liverpool of Hicks and Gillett and they are currently.

The only true way to converse with them is by using the language they know - profits. Perhaps the organized supporters will be smart and use this opportunity to open a dialogue with John Henry's people and impress upon them the value of keeping Liverpool Liverpool.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Buffalo76

I'm not surprised the Scousers kicked up a fuss. There's no way their benefit money will even come close to covering a ticket at those prices!

ron

Quote from: Buffalo76 on February 11, 2016, 09:21:32 PM
I'm not surprised the Scousers kicked up a fuss. There's no way their benefit money will even come close to covering a ticket at those prices!

.....but 4 wheels flogged in a backstreet pub should do it.....

....less the cost of the bricks of course.....

Wingnut

I was talking someone who walked out as part of the protest today and their chant is "You greedy b's, enough is enough". The owners saved Liverpool from administration, when they were £300m in the red, have invested over £200m in the playing staff and they are extending the ground too. Whilst I disagree with the ticket pricing, labelling them as greedy is more than a little cheeky.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

HatterDon

Concerning the supporters rather than customers argument, how would they determine that? Should visiting supporters pay more? Also neutrals? How would the club know?

Liverpool has an international brand. It may be mid-table now, but this is a club with several European trophies and a buttload of league championships. By any measure, Liverpool is a big club, and it costs more to watch matches in the stadium of a big club. In Major League Baseball over here, the difference between watching one game in a prime box seat in Kansas City might be less than half of what it would cost in Yankee Stadium in New York City. Kansas City may be 2015s champions while the Yankees didn't make it past the first round of playoffs, but the Yanks are still the most expensive ticket in sports over here.

Speaking of over here, one of our football [soccer] commentators -- a retired international who most of us Yanks dislike tremendously -- was asked what Liverpool supporters should do if prices DON'T come down. His response? "Don't go to the games then. If it's too expensive, stay home and listen to the radio."

As for what impact the walkout had ... I was watching the match. Prior to the 77th minute, Liverpool was running rampant. As soon as the walkout began, all the air was sucked out of the stadium and all the cohesion out of the Reds. Two late goals cost Liverpool two points, so if the aim of the walkout was to hurt the team, it worked like a charm. I'm convinced that if it hadn't happened, 3-0 was much more likely than 2-2.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

nose

Quote from: HatterDon on February 12, 2016, 01:04:43 AM
Concerning the supporters rather than customers argument, how would they determine that? Should visiting supporters pay more? Also neutrals? How would the club know?

Liverpool has an international brand. It may be mid-table now, but this is a club with several European trophies and a buttload of league championships. By any measure, Liverpool is a big club, and it costs more to watch matches in the stadium of a big club. In Major League Baseball over here, the difference between watching one game in a prime box seat in Kansas City might be less than half of what it would cost in Yankee Stadium in New York City. Kansas City may be 2015s champions while the Yankees didn't make it past the first round of playoffs, but the Yanks are still the most expensive ticket in sports over here.

Speaking of over here, one of our football [soccer] commentators -- a retired international who most of us Yanks dislike tremendously -- was asked what Liverpool supporters should do if prices DON'T come down. His response? "Don't go to the games then. If it's too expensive, stay home and listen to the radio."

As for what impact the walkout had ... I was watching the match. Prior to the 77th minute, Liverpool was running rampant. As soon as the walkout began, all the air was sucked out of the stadium and all the cohesion out of the Reds. Two late goals cost Liverpool two points, so if the aim of the walkout was to hurt the team, it worked like a charm. I'm convinced that if it hadn't happened, 3-0 was much more likely than 2-2.

Suuporting a football team is about a lot more than turning up on a saturday. If they didn't have hot food, tea, beer, whatever else, we would still go. Or should I say fans/supporters would go. The team, the club is part of our fabric in the way our family is. To be treat the game as a commodity, like any other, and us, the fans as mere pay at the turnstile customers is an insult.

We are what make the teams great, not the football. The game is a brilliant sport but it is us that make it special. the owners and the money they think they can earn, spoil it.

I hate all the nonsense that surrounds the game now, the announcer with his inane drivel, the overpriced programme, the stewards that change from week to week, the bloke on the gate that used to know me and my familly. I am not harking back to a better time for no reason, it could be as good again, but the PR corporate, job creation management that surrounds football is not necessary. In a sell out to TV they even put a camera in front of my view of the Hammersmith end goal, and the management at Fulham did not have the sense to not allow it until all hell broke loose. I despair of the people that run and are ruining football. The reason they all pat themselves on the back fr a job well done is Sky being prepared to pay mega money, not because the product is better. The product i9s less good with more sterile games played by charecterless players of no fixed allegiance.

I amwaiting for the premiership to announce at least one, possibly two rounds of matches having to be played overseas, I suspect there will be a conserted move withing five years and abolition of relegation a real possibility in a similar time frame.

HatterDon

You make a lot of good points, Mr. Nose, but what this

QuoteI hate all the nonsense that surrounds the game now, the announcer with his inane drivel, the overpriced programme, the stewards that change from week to week, the bloke on the gate that used to know me and my familly. I am not harking back to a better time for no reason, it could be as good again, but the PR corporate, job creation management that surrounds football is not necessary. In a sell out to TV they even put a camera in front of my view of the Hammersmith end goal, and the management at Fulham did not have the sense to not allow it until all hell broke loose. I despair of the people that run and are ruining football. The reason they all pat themselves on the back fr a job well done is Sky being prepared to pay mega money, not because the product is better. The product i9s less good with more sterile games played by charecterless players of no fixed allegiance.

sounds like to me is that you've grown out of the passion you once held for the sport and you miss that passion -- not to mention your youth.  It's easy for me to recognize, you see.

Buffalo76

First and foremost, instead of worrying about tickets that tax payers like me pay for why don't these work shirkers and council estate giro cashers put more of their time and effort into finding work.

epsomraver

The situation was put in perspective by a rep from the football supporters trust who stated that with the money the premier league will get next season from Hong Kong alone they could pay for every supporters ticket for the whole season  and STILL have more money than they have this season

Logicalman

As someone said to me, it wasn't the price rise the owners got wrong, it was the price.

If they'd put it up to 90 quid, nobody would have noticed the walk-out!  :005:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

HatterDon

Quote from: Logicalman on February 13, 2016, 02:01:46 AM

As someone said to me, it wasn't the price rise the owners got wrong, it was the price.

If they'd put it up to 90 quid, nobody would have noticed the walk-out!  :005:

064.gif