News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Placing your marketing hat on for a moment !

Started by Riversider, February 11, 2016, 02:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham76

Quote from: BestOfBrede on February 11, 2016, 07:28:11 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 11, 2016, 07:25:32 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on February 11, 2016, 07:24:01 PM
How about a guarantee that we will not sell our assets (best players and/or young potential)!
Betts, Hyndman, LVC, Dembele, Ross etc and that Jokanovic will be given the say in who he wants and who he doesn't. And, of course, reasonable funds to get his targets.

Some annoying fan would then sue the club for false advertising if the club accepted a bid of 30 million for McCormack. They can't promise players won't be sold, even Messi and Ronaldo have a price. 
True of course, but it would be 1 way of selling season tickets. I can't see many being sold while we live in fear of losing our better players!

Luckily we don't have many decent players left for this to be an issue!

Scrumpy

The Marketing success at any Football Club is massively weighted towards the success or failure of the team. They must make the most of the 'highs' and just stem the (outward) flow during the 'lows'. It can't be easy at the moment and they must be praying for an upturn in form before the end of the season.

Supermitch suggests a discount if you're prepared to sign up for 2, 3 or more seasons. That's a good idea (a bit like a fixed rate mortgage, you gamble against which division we'll be in). But those fans could be members of some sort of Club to show their extra loyalty. Lifelong fans, Fulham's Finest or something similar rather than just 'Season Ticket Holders'. However, this initiative would probably not stop those bordering on quitting from doing just that. It would just tie in the fans that would probably have renewed anyway.

Ways of keeping the 'drifters' might be to subsidise local travel (trains and buses)to home games for Season Ticket Holders, freeze prices at the present level, offer interest-free payment by Direct Debit over 12 months (how many would actually bother to cancel once set up), a posh new lounge bar for Season Ticket holders only in the new Riverside Development, entry into a free draw to fly to Florida to meet Shahid Khan on his yacht (all beer included), a free beer EVERY home match, offer one free away ticket per season to every Season Ticket Holder (their choice, subject to availability), package to include a free ticket to Wembley to watch the Jags.

Or all of the above  049:gif
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

BestOfBrede

Blimey, have you sampled the beer at the cottage!
Deffo not for Real Ale drinkers!

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Each season ticket wins a free 2 weeks in Florida, including flights, unlimited alcohol
and beachside with a pool. Opportunity to upgrade.
One hour timeshare sales pitch must be attended.
Buy 4 get one free.

Reminds me of when I went to Charleston with my wife and UK daughter.
We went to a timeshare pitch (and left immediately it finished) but they gave us
3 boat tickets to 'tour' Fort Sumter (where the first shots were fired) starting the civil war
a $50 voucher for any restaurant
3 tickets to tour a plantation

They do this in lots of tourists cities
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 11, 2016, 09:41:19 PM
The Marketing success at any Football Club is massively weighted towards the success or failure of the team. They must make the most of the 'highs' and just stem the (outward) flow during the 'lows'. It can't be easy at the moment and they must be praying for an upturn in form before the end of the season.

Supermitch suggests a discount if you're prepared to sign up for 2, 3 or more seasons. That's a good idea (a bit like a fixed rate mortgage, you gamble against which division we'll be in). But those fans could be members of some sort of Club to show their extra loyalty. Lifelong fans, Fulham's Finest or something similar rather than just 'Season Ticket Holders'. However, this initiative would probably not stop those bordering on quitting from doing just that. It would just tie in the fans that would probably have renewed anyway.

Ways of keeping the 'drifters' might be to subsidise local travel (trains and buses)to home games for Season Ticket Holders, freeze prices at the present level, offer interest-free payment by Direct Debit over 12 months (how many would actually bother to cancel once set up), a posh new lounge bar for Season Ticket holders only in the new Riverside Development, entry into a free draw to fly to Florida to meet Shahid Khan on his yacht (all beer included), a free beer EVERY home match, offer one free away ticket per season to every Season Ticket Holder (their choice, subject to availability), package to include a free ticket to Wembley to watch the Jags.

Or all of the above  049:gif
Meeting SK on his yacht  051 and watching American football would DETER me from renewing.  :016:
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Northern Cottager

I've been in marketing for a few years and successfully market our products throughout the UK.

Fulham however, I can't even persuade myself to be bothered.

Chutney

they could just lie to us about pushing for promotion like that did at the start of the season.
C O Y W

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Chutney on February 12, 2016, 08:42:33 AM
they could just lie to us about pushing for promotion like that did at the start of the season.

And the season before. Season Tickets go on sale, we get McCormack...everyone goes for it...in comes Fotheringham.

MJG

I dont think they lied about wanting to go up, it just didnt work out the way they wanted.

Chutney

Quote from: MJG on February 12, 2016, 09:14:39 AM
I dont think they lied about wanting to go up, it just didnt work out the way they wanted.

I think that's putting it lightly...
C O Y W

bobbo

I think they should be frozen at least . Every year it does cross my mind to not renew . But I just can't do it. I enjoy the people around me and sometimes the football as well.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

MJG

-No Price increase
-Free away travel for ST holders
-One Cup home game free of my choice
-marketing wise needs to be led by SK or SJ and announcement about the Stand.
-Win last 5 games of season at least and that will give us a feel good factor.

Although last one may be a bit pie in the sky

Holders

"Renew your ticket and we hope to be able to offer you a  better season than either this year or last year - mid-table mediocrity".
Non sumus statione ferriviaria