News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Placing your marketing hat on for a moment !

Started by Riversider, February 11, 2016, 02:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

It's almost time for the Club to start its marketing campaign to try and sell season tickets for next season,
If you were in charge of our marketing department for next season how would you go about it ?
What would you do in regards to price and benefits etc ?
I think this summer is going to need an enormous amount of spin from the club just to try and retain the current season ticket holders, it's just my personal view but I can see season ticket sales dropping from around 11,000 down to 7,000 which would lead to some worrying gates when we play the likes of Huddersfield or Rotherham on a Tuesday night in January or February ,
And are there any long standing season ticket holders on here that have got serious reservations about renewing for next season ? And if so what could the club do between now and next season to tempt you back ?
For my part I've got 3 season tickets, it makes no sense for me to have any season tickets whatsoever, I work nights and its a real struggle to make any home game let alone all 23, but I do it, I even make 12.30 kick offs at QPR with little or no sleep, so for me it's just down to blind loyalty rather than a well thought out logic, so I've got a big decision to make over the next couple of months !
So if you're a marketing type sell it to me !
COYSW

terryr

you're a saint- and I'm NOT being sarcastic
:Haynes The Maestro:

nose

The PR people are good.
The product is poor. If we can win a few in the last remaining games and survive (not certain of that) then it will help. But all the spin of the current regime, is just that. We have allowed incompetence to go unpunished and I have friends that are no longer renewing.

Me I renew as a matter of faith, going to home games is something I do, and always will!

Robbie

In Division One we will definitely win lots of matches !!
(And ticket prices will be even lower.)

nose

Quote from: Robbie on February 11, 2016, 03:31:49 PM
In Division One we will definitely win lots of matches !!
(And ticket prices will be even lower.)

I wouldnt count on us wining in League one
we were supposed to win in this division but that hasn't happened, nor is it likely to do with our board of directors

WhiteJC

049:gif things can only get better?  049:gif

dannyboi-ffc

Name your price and we will pay you to watch us play?

"London's original...............giving season tickets back to the fans"
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Riversider

What would you all say is reasonable on price ?
A- small increase in line with inflation
B- Prices to be frozen
C- Prices to be cut ?

A, B or C ?

alfie

All season tickets holders to get free club coach travel to away games .
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Twig

Quote from: Riversider on February 11, 2016, 05:00:21 PM
B- Prices to be frozen
C- Prices to be cut ?

A, B or C ?
[/quot
Assuming we stay in the Champ then a price freeze would be fair.  We are not under an FFP embargo in the summer so, subject to some backing from the owner, Joka can sort out his squad and next year could be interesting.

RaySmith

Pricing must be a major factor in people not renewing season tickets, or going to the games at all.

That is combined, of course, with what division we're in, and , maybe most importantly, whether the team is thought to be a winning one or not.

As for selling the club to potential st buyers - well, many of those who bought season tickets just because we were in the  Prem, quite likely won't  for the Championship, but the club is best carrying on its policy of highlighting the charm of the Cottage and the friendly atmosphere. And, with a well regarded, young, new manager, there is the stated intent of trying to get back to the Prem.

It is what it is -Fulham in the Championship, a competitive league, where teams are evenly matched, making for  exciting games, and long term fans know that things have been a lot worse for the club than they are now.

Supermitch

How about a multi year season ticket, for example for the current price of 2 seasons you can have the next 3 seasons or for 3 seasons at current price can have the next 5 seasons?

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Riversider on February 11, 2016, 05:00:21 PM
B- Prices to be frozen
C- Prices to be cut ?

A, B or C ?

C for me. We have paid PL prices for a season we were meant to go straight back up. Then didn't.
Then a slight drop to watch us acheive a near relegation position. We still may go down.

Imo we are still paying PL prices for dreadful football.
I'm not surprised so many have bailed.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

bill taylors apprentice

Price Cut !

There is no way the product on offer is worthy of anything other than a cut !

I now live 150 miles away and bought one this season purely for the convenience while knowing I would miss about 5 games.

I may do the same again next season but a rise would make me think very hard about renewing and just pick and choose my games.

J

dannyboi-ffc

Say the club offered kids free and adults a tenner to certain games even if it was a big one like Qpr.  Surely it makes more sense to fill out the ground then have only a third of the stadium used? At least you will make more on other areas like programmes and food/drink.

Does charging 30 quid and getting a turn our of 14000 really make a difference on 20000tickets sold really cheap and affordable?

I don't know the answer, it's a genuine question. And if I was Khan I would drop the prices to ensure people renew. We need fans next season if we are to push on. A 12th man is far more beneficial to the club right now than an extra bit of money that won't really enhance our ffp position that much.

And Qpr away is a prime example that we don't have the hardcore fan base to pay prices no matter what. If prices aren't fair based on our downfall and the standard of football then I think the club will be making another big error. Liverpool can afford to push boundaries and take liberties knowing fans will be replaced but we aren't and probably never will be in that position.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

BestOfBrede

How about a guarantee that we will not sell our assets (best players and/or young potential)!
Betts, Hyndman, LVC, Dembele, Ross etc and that Jokanovic will be given the say in who he wants and who he doesn't. And, of course, reasonable funds to get his targets.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: BestOfBrede on February 11, 2016, 07:24:01 PM
How about a guarantee that we will not sell our assets (best players and/or young potential)!
Betts, Hyndman, LVC, Dembele, Ross etc and that Jokanovic will be given the say in who he wants and who he doesn't. And, of course, reasonable funds to get his targets.

Some annoying fan would then sue the club for false advertising if the club accepted a bid of 30 million for McCormack. They can't promise players won't be sold, even Messi and Ronaldo have a price. 

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

BestOfBrede

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 11, 2016, 07:25:32 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on February 11, 2016, 07:24:01 PM

Some annoying fan would then sue the club for false advertising if the club accepted a bid of 30 million for McCormack. They can't promise players won't be sold, even Messi and Ronaldo have a price. 
True of course, but it would be 1 way of selling season tickets. I can't see many being sold while we live in fear of losing our better players!