watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Peterborough

Started by bog, February 11, 2016, 03:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

I watched their cup reply last night and thought them to be tremendous and very unfortunate to lose. Some of their younger players looked real prospects esp Samuelson and Fox. Did not Coleman sign Zakuani from Orient but he never made it to the first team?
Also does anyone recall 1960 when we played them in the 3rd round when they were still non-league and us div 1? 0-0 at home and a 1-0 in the replay Mike Johnston scoring?

092.gif   

FPT

In answer to your first question, yes Zakuani was here from 2006-2009 officially but only played twice. Was actually on loan at Stoke the year they got promoted to the Premier League - Roy sold him to Peterborough for no cheap fee (near £400k) in the January window after he started the season on loan there. Zakuani was about 22/23 at the time, we had Hangeland and Hughes coming into their prime and we finished in our highest finish of 7th.

I think Coleman spent £1m on him - which is pretty big given the time, the Premier League was nothing like it is now, and at Fulham at least £10m total spending on an entire window was pretty big business. My memory is sketchy of the time given my age at the time, but I do recall Chris Coleman getting a little bizarre on a pretty tight budget, players like Lastuvka, Runstrom, Elliot.

As for your second question, I'm not an old sod so can't help you with that one.