News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR. Lucky number and why (and other superstitions).

Started by Vinnieffc, February 11, 2016, 11:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinnieffc

Mine is 4. I staretd as a RB wearing 2 then a LB playing 3. After that I played sweeper and DM playing 4. Subsequently I playes as a CF or a wide mid but always insisted on th 4shirt irrespective. Superstition was always shin pad, sock and boot on left foot before right. Anyone else psycologically damaged ?

valdeingruo

:hook:I have something similar. Would always go for the 11 shirt or 20. Nothing else regardless of position. However, Id always put my right on before my left, but tie left to right.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Holders

I always tread on the cracks in the pavement whilst making sure not to walk under a black cat.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Carborundum

"White rabbits" as the first two words I say on the first day of a month.  Started when I was a kid.  Probably manage it three or four times a year.  Nowadays it's a test of whether I can master my mental faculties early in the morning rather than superstition. 

My other near superstition is that I'm convinced that every time they play "too good to be true" before the game, we fail to win.  But I will concede that we fail to win so regularly, that it's hardly a case for the X-files.

Rhys Lightning 63

I wouldn't call it a 'lucky' number, but I've always associated myself with the numbers:
(Pre 2009) 20 - Brian McGod
(Post 2009)63 - It was the number I was given in American football, and I've just stuck with it since
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

HatterDon

When I was a young lad living out in the West Texas town of El Paso, the local college had a star half-back [pointy football] named Don Maynard. Partly because he had the same first name, but mostly because he was such a brilliant player, he became my second sports hero [my father was my first]. He wore #13 [in college and throughout a stellar NFL career] and, every time I had the opportunity, I wore the same # in baseball, basketball, pointy football, real football, volleyball, etc. etc.

I must admit I was thrilled with Danny Murphy decided to start wearing that number.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel