more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jokanović will have a lot to answer for, if

Started by Wearethewhites, February 12, 2016, 05:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

We lose to QPR on Saturday.

I love all this positive talk, I think we've lacked it in the past, but his last 2 comments will have a lot to answer for if this goes horribly wrong.

First, he said that he's confident that his first win will come over QPR.

Today, he said he's confident that he will get one over his former teammate on Saturday.

This is a big statement from a manager and team that has only won 1 game in about 16 attempts.

I'm now worried  :023:

Mince n Tatties

What do you want to him to say?
We will get walloped 5-0...

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 12, 2016, 05:29:59 PM

What I'd like, is for people like you to reply to posts with sensible answers.

I wasn't being negative, I merely said it was quite a statement from Jokanovic.

He could of said we're confident of the win, but he's said he's confident his 'first win will' come over QPR.

He also said he's confident that 'he will get one over his former teammate' on Saturday.

Fulham76

Quote from: Wearethewhites on February 12, 2016, 05:24:42 PM

I love all this positive talk, I think we've lacked it in the past, but his last 2 comments will have a lot to answer for if this goes horribly wrong.

Today, he said he's confident that he will get one over his former teammate on Saturday.

This is a big statement from a manager and team that has only won 1 game in about 16 attempts.

A draw minimum. Not only to get one over them but we're getting desperately close to the bottom 3 now.
There's no better place for Jokanovic to kick off our winning run

TWFL

What do you expect? He's not going to come out and say he's unsure and that we'll be lucky to get anything, no one wants to hear that on the eve of the derby.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: TWFL on February 12, 2016, 05:49:12 PM
What do you expect? He's not going to come out and say he's unsure and that we'll be lucky to get anything, no one wants to hear that on the eve of the derby.

Read my reply to Mince n Tatties, because you obviously haven't bothered.

Asotosyios

I will agree with Mince N Tatties and TWFL. Jokanovic wants to sound confident, perhaps in an effort to transfer this confidence to the players. He has seen (and all of us have) that the team is doing better and may think that we miss that little bit of confidence to get the first win. Obviously, he knows that a win is not guaranteed (I would run straight to the bookies if it was) but I don't think he will have anything to answer for even if we don't win.

J

Quote from: Wearethewhites on February 12, 2016, 05:41:40 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 12, 2016, 05:29:59 PM

What I'd like, is for people like you to reply to posts with sensible answers.

I wasn't being negative, I merely said it was quite a statement from Jokanovic.

He could of said we're confident of the win, but he's said he's confident his 'first win will' come over QPR.

He also said he's confident that 'he will get one over his former teammate' on Saturday.

Saying he will have a lot to answer for sounds pretty negative - like he would have intentionally conned people or something!

And I beg to differ that you love positive talk if it makes you worried

BigbadBillyMcKinley

What a ridiculous post. What manager in the game, says anything negative about the club he's in charge of, the day before a game?! And especially the local Derby.
I agree with Mince and Tatties. What do you expect him to say "well we are proper rubbish this season, our defence is shocking and the less said about the middle of the park the better. QPR will definitely run riot, I just hope it's not double figures to be honest!"

Brilliant!!

And yes, I read your reply. I still think its a silly post!
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Blanco

I think the game tomorrow will be a turning point for many on their opinion of Jocanovic and the team. If we miss another chance of 3 points then it will be looking pretty grim. I won´t be happy with anything but a win. We need to start winning now. I believe we will win. We´re due a win. It will probably be a crappy draw though which again isn´t good enough.

In terms of what Joca said. I like his confidence and it is important for the team.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Statto on February 12, 2016, 07:18:15 PM
SJ on the QPR game:

"I believe we did important things in the previous days, and now all the people are waiting for a result. Our next chance is tomorrow; 100 per cent we're going to do everything to win this game.

"This is our chance and we're going to have one hour and a half to give our maximum to win these three points."

SJ on JFH:

"I remember him from the past, many times we played cards on the bus and I beat him, and I expect I'll have the opportunity to beat him tomorrow in the game."

I Presume the OP is a wind-up.

"Slaviša Jokanović has a lot of time for Queens Park Rangers boss Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, but he's confident of getting one over on his former teammate on Saturday." - First paragraph, funny how you chose to scan over this and quote from the last paragraph, it's clearly there: http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/february/12/slavisa-on-hasselbaink

"This is part of football, this is part of the life," he said. "We keep going and I believe we're going to find my first victory in the next game against QPR. - 6th paragraph down, clearly there once again: http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/february/06/jokanovic-reaction

Yes, I'm obviously on the windup.   

bobbo

Quote from: Wearethetgwhites on February 12, 2016, 07:37:23 PM
SJ on the QPR game:

"I believe we did important things in the previous days, and now all the people are waiting for a result. Our next chance is tomorrow; 100 per cent we're going to do everything to win this game.

"This is our chance and we're going to have one hour and a half to give our maximum to win these three points."

SJ on JFH:

"I remember him from the past, many times we played cards on the bus and I beat him, and I expect I'll have the opportunity to beat him tomorrow in the game."

"Slaviša Jokanović has a lot of time for Queens Park Rangers boss Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, but he's confident of getting one over on his former teammate on Saturday." - First paragraph, funny how you chose to scan over this and quote from the last paragraph, it's clearly there: http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/february/12/slavisa-on-hasselbaink

"This is part of football, this is part of the life," he said. "We keep going and I believe we're going to find my first victory in the next game against QPR. - 6th paragraph down, clearly there once again: http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/february/06/jokanovic-reaction

no you weren't , you've been caught out . Be bold and admit it.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Wearethewhites

Quote from: bobbo on February 12, 2016, 07:44:48 PM
Quote from: Wearethetgwhites on February 12, 2016, 07:37:23 PM
SJ on the QPR game:

SJ on JFH:

no you weren't , you've been caught out . Be bold and admit it.

So let me get this right. I wasn't on the windup, but yet I've been caught out by posting true facts from official FFC articles, but have to be bold and admit it. Riiiiiggggghhhhht.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Statto on February 12, 2016, 08:00:10 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on February 12, 2016, 07:37:23 PM
SJ on the QPR game:

SJ on JFH:

The first one isn't a Jokanovic quote

I admit i missed the second one but it's a week old now, and his comments since (which I quoted) have been much more reserved.

Sorry but You've clearly an axe to grind

Sorry, but I'm really not. What is clear though, is that you, and a few others on this post, clearly want to dig me out for being negative, after challenging a couple of genuine quotes from Jokanovic (or FFC).

Whether you like it or not, both are very strong quotes from Jokanovic, especially for a team that has only won 1 game in 16, who are also playing their rivals, who've not been beaten in 6.

If we get heavily beat tomorrow, or out performed in any way, there will be a few who will question those quotes.

I like Jokanovic, I hope we smash QPR around the gaff tomorrow and live up to them quotes, I will also write them all over Twitter and Facebook for the next 2 weeks for the QPR fans to see, but I'm also being realistic.

bill taylors apprentice

Yes!
They are strong quotes from a manager of a team with our recent record, that's true especially as many interviewee's talk in the usual football cliche's.

But considering most people would agree (I hope) a big part of our problem in winning games is confidence, individually and collectively as a team, I see it only as a part of the positive build up to the game.

What's not to like about it?

davew

Quote from: Wearethewhites on February 12, 2016, 05:24:42 PM

Agree totally with your comment, this is a topic header that I could have written! I do not share his confidence, which is based on what, performances in training sessions. Tomorrow could be a more defining moment in our season, I still believe we will sink lower before we start to turn things round!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Apprentice to the Maestro

"Jakanovic will have a lot to answer for".

Really?

Massive fail.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on February 12, 2016, 10:04:08 PM
"Jakanovic will have a lot to answer for".

Really?

Massive fail.

Yes, you're quite right. It will be seen as a massive fail if we lose to QPR after those strong statements from Jokanovic.

Baszab

Given his current record with us as not that impressive,  he could have said that he "hoped his first win would come against QPR" rather than basically he "thinks we will win"

I think that is what the OP meant

Baszab

Here we go..... ....good night see you tomorrow