watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Football is a funny old game.

Started by Kent Cassandra, February 13, 2016, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kent Cassandra

I was looking for Nespresso coffee pods at Tesco Extra in Broadstairs Yesterday (Friday). It was freezing cold down here and I put on the warmest coat in my wardrobe which was my Fulham dug out jacket. As I concentrated a guy passed by with his trolley and whispered in my ear "You're going to get thrashed tomorrow"!  I  laughed and said "You must be one of those nasty Loftus Road fellows".
There followed an amicable conversation about managers and owners during which a woman passing by said " You don't know how lucky you are I am a Charlton season ticket holder. We both looked round in surprise and pulled our stomachs in seeing this very attractive woman in her mid forties. We both knew that we were punching above our weight here as my new Ha Ha friend was bald and rotund and I am a seventy eight year old crumbly. We both listened with false sympathy at her passionate outburst about all the failings of her beloved Charlton.  Both of us men were probably thinking the same thing 'Why can't she be a Fulham/Rangers supporter and why can't she be married to me'.......Just saying
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

bobby01

Hahaha, really nice to read a nice post without all the arguing that goes on here.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

bobbo

Nice post I can put myself in your position , sort of chit chat I would have enjoyed.
By the way I got a couple of spare warm coats.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Peabody

What a nice thread, for a change.

I played bowls with a lapsed Charlton Fan and a nicest bloke he is. He may be lapsed but they are still in his heart. By the way, we won.

Thanks KC, for getting us away from all the arguments between Fulham Fans.

Jims Dentist

I live in a Charlton area. For the most part they are pretty decent sporting fans.
Although, I do enjoy it when we beat them.

Nero

and she was probably thinking "why cant one of these men be George Clooney"

Neil D

Quote from: Kent Cassandra on February 13, 2016, 10:17:39 AM
I was looking for Nespresso coffee pods at Tesco Extra in Broadstairs Yesterday (Friday).
So, you didn't find love and I don't think you found the Nespresso pods either.  You have to get those from their shops or online.

copthornemike

Quote from: Nero on February 14, 2016, 06:01:14 PM
and she was probably thinking "why cant one of these men be George Clooney"
What is wrong with Hugh Grant?

Kent Cassandra

Online they quoted me £3 for 10 Nespesso pods but after much research I finally bought them at Aldi for £1.79 for 10.
Funny you should say that because everyone tells me that I look like George Clooney... or was it his mother Rosemary???

Neil D

Quote from: Kent Cassandra on February 14, 2016, 07:43:31 PM
Online they quoted me £3 for 10 Nespesso pods but after much research I finally bought them at Aldi for £1.79 for 10.

Are these genuine Nespresso pods? If so, that's where I'll get mine - bargain price!

SP

Excellent post, perhaps you can wine & dine her after the game on Saturday?

I nearly succumbed to temptation in Westfield after the game yesterday when the adrenaline was still flowing.  A bevy of young beauties were offering massages in return for a modest fee.  That would've ensured a happy ending to a good day.

:dft011:

King_Crud

Quote from: bobby01 on February 13, 2016, 10:39:50 AM
Hahaha, really nice to read a nice post without all the arguing that goes on here.

no it isn't

Kent Cassandra

King Crud, You don't happen to be married to a sexy Charlton supporter do you?

Berserker

Fantasy is often better than reality
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Southdowns White

On Saturday after my son's football in the morning my wife and I raced to Whistable for a friend's birthday party. We lost reception of the game in the car somewhere on the A 2 with the score at 0-0, twenty minutes later on our arrival we raced to a pub showing the game just in time for the first half to end, as we entered the pub I looked at the screen and shouted "YES" loudly only for the guy next  to me to put his hands to his head and say "THAT'S ALL I NEED, A FULHAM SUPPORTER" he was a rangers exile who now lives down there. We continued chatting for the rest of the game and shook hands at the end, he was very polite throughout although obviously embarrassed by his teams display.

Kent Cassandra

I met a youngish guy and his daughter on the train on the way back wearing Fulham scarves and hats, they got off at Whitstable.  Lots of Fulham fans travel up from East Kent.