more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (13/02/16)...

Started by WhiteJC, February 13, 2016, 11:11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Done Deal: League One high-flyers bring in Fulham forward

Sky Bet League One promotion-chasers Gillingham have completed the signing of young Fulham forward George Williams on loan until the end of the season, the club have confirmed on their official website.

The Welsh international, who has won six senior caps for his country since making his debut in May 2014, had featured just once for his parent club this season, in the 1-0 home defeat to Hull City last month.

He has now joined Justin Edinburgh's side as he looks to continue his development, and is expected to go straight into the squad for the clash with Barnsley this afternoon.

Edinburgh admitted his pleasure at securing the striker's services, telling the club's website: 'We are delighted to have George on board, we have been looking to add to our attacking options for a while and he fits the bill perfectly.

'He has experience of league and international football and I have no doubt he will offer our forward line something different between now and the end of the season.'

In total, Williams has played 17 times for Fulham since joining on an academy scholarship from MK Dons in 2012, including making seven Championship starts.

He rejoined Dons on loan 12 months ago but played just four times before his return was cut short when he suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury.

Gillingham have been a surprise package in League One this season, and currently sit fourth just a point off an automatic promotion place.

Victory over Barnsley this afternoon could send the Gills into the automatic promotion places.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/done-deal-league-one-high-flyers-bring-in-fulham-forward/?

WhiteJC

JOKANOVIC CONFIDENT OF FULHAM IMPROVEMENT

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic says he is close to winning his first game since his appointment in December.

The Whites have lost four of his six games in charge heading into Saturday's west London derby against QPR.

"I can speak about time, processes, players and many things but the most important thing is results," the 47-year-old Serb said.

"We are going in the right direction and I believe we have done important things in the days behind us."

Fulham have won just one of their last 15 games in the Championship and have slipped from mid-table to 19th, four points above the relegation zone.

"My obligation is to try to find a solution to the situations and the only way to do that is by working on the pitch and in the office," added Jokanovic.

"I think about football all the time to try to find a solution for my team. We need to keep going and be brave in all situations."

Jokanovic will find a familiar face in the opposing dugout at Loftus Road on Saturday (kick-off 12:30 GMT), with former Chelsea team-mate Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink currently in charge of the R's.

Jokanovic says the Dutchman was influential in helping him adapt to life in England when he moved to Stamford Bridge from Deportivo La Coruna in October 2000.

"Jimmy was a very important person in my first experiences here in England," he said.

"I spoke with him in Spanish as that is my second language. He helped me so much and I have a good friendship with him.

"We used to play cards on the bus so I might have a bet with him on the game.

"I spoke with him last year when he started coaching in England and he was very excited to have the chance. In a short time he has made important steps."

http://www.fulhamweb.co.uk/news/jokanovic-confident-of-fulham-improvement.aspx?