watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (13/02/16)...

Started by WhiteJC, February 13, 2016, 11:11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Why Fulham need to start getting nasty in the Championship ahead of west London derby with QPR

The Cottagers have only been pulled up for 272 fouls in league games to date, an average of 9.4 a game, according to figures provided by Opta.

Wolves' Adam Le Fondre holds off former team-mate Richard Stearman at Fulham

Fulham have conceded fewer fouls than any other side in the Championship this season.

The Cottagers have been pulled up for 272 fouls in league games to date, an average of 9.4 a game, according to figures provided by Opta.

That's fewer in total and fewer per game than any other side in the division.

Wolverhampton are the league's next best behaved side and have conceded an average of just 10.1 fouls per game, 304 in total.

Derby's players have been pulled up for 305 fouls this season, 10.2 per game.

Hull have conceded 298 fouls this season, which is fewer than both Wolves and Derby, but the Tigers have only played 29 games to the other two's 30.

It means that Hull have been pulled up for slightly more fouls per match than Wolves and Derby - 10.3 as opposed to 10.1 and 10.2 respectively.

Burnley join Hull in fourth place on 10.3 fouls per match but have conceded 309 in total.

Leeds have conceded 10.5 per game on average, as have Cardiff.

Sheffield Wednesday have conceded more fouls than any other side in the Championship this season.

The Owls have been pulled up for 403 fouls in league games to date, an average of 13.4 a game.

That's more in total and more per game than any other side in the division.

Bolton are the league's next biggest foulers with 384 so far this season, an average of 12.8 a game.

Charlton's players have been pulled up for 367 fouls this season and QPR's for 360.

These figures class a foul as any infringement that is penalised as foul play by a referee. Fouls that go unpunished therefore won't be counted.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-need-start-getting-nasty-10878767?

WhiteJC

Opposition View: Zesh Rehman

Zesh Rehman, who spent 13 years with Fulham and Queens Park Rangers, looks back on his time in London and discusses the differences between the two clubs.

You must have seen a lot in your decade at Fulham?

I was at Fulham from the age of 12 until I was 22-years-old, from the old Second Division days with the likes of Kevin Keegan, Ray Wilkins and Simon Morgan at the Club, right the way through the French revolution under Jean Tigana and the influx of some real quality players like Louis Saha, Edwin van der Sar and Steed Malbranque, to name but a few. I was fortunate enough to play with these guys under the stewardship of Chris Coleman who was a role model of mine when he played, so to play for him was a dream come true. I saw the Club climb the divisions and I still remember standing in the Stevenage Road Stand as a schoolboy supporting Fulham. The Mohamed Al Fayed era was a special one in the history of the Club and right now it's very much a transition period with the new owner, so hopefully it won't be too many years before the Whites are back in the top flight.

After spending so long at the club, was it a difficult decision to move on?

It was a little difficult because I had become attached to the Club and still consider myself a Fulham fan. The people at the Club were brilliant to me and my family which was very important during the time I was there. However, I think when you come through the ranks at a club more often than not you need to move on and make your name in the game because there is always the perception that you're still that young player from the youth setup. I have seen many young players overstay at a club because they found it hard to detach and they eventually ended up out of the game at a younger age than they should have.

How did the transfer to QPR come about?

I had played 30 games for Fulham, including a large bulk of the 2004/05 Premier League season, and had two years remaining on my contract. I had a discussion with Chris Coleman and he told me I needed to be playing regular first team football. I was 22 so I decided to move on instead of being happy to just collect my wages and not play; when you have had a taste of being a regular in a side anything other than that is hard to accept. I have never been money motivated so decided to head for pastures new. The QPR manager at the time Gary Waddock called my agent and said he was interested in signing me so the negotiations began and after a few weeks I joined QPR.

What differences did you notice between the clubs?

Both clubs have excellent fans. The QPR fans were probably a bit more vocal, but that could be because Loftus Road is very compact with the fans very close to the pitch! At the time QPR were in some financial difficulty so were not as stable as Fulham and did not have the same family atmosphere due to the constant change in management and owners. Fulham were very stable with a large number of the staff the same for many years.

How do you look back on your time at QPR?

My time at Loftus Road was eventful to say the least. I played 50 times under seven different managers, which was not ideal because I found myself in and out of favour depending on who was in charge at the time! Flavio Briatore and Bernie Eccleston had just taken over and to be honest at times it was like a circus! I enjoyed playing for John Gregory and Luigi De Canio, and I learned a lot from Paulo Sausa and Iain Dowie. I also think it was a time in my career I learnt some very valuable lessons on and off the pitch because it was my first time away from Fulham, my comfort zone.

Now you're playing in Malaysia, so do you get to see much of your former clubs?

I was back in the UK recently and went to watch Fulham against Sheffield Wednesday in Slaviša Jokanović's first game. It was great to sit in the Hammersmith End as a fan. I am still in touch with several staff, the likes of Carmelo Mifsud, Sarah Brookes and Mark Pembridge, all of whom have been excellent servants for the Club. I am in regular contact with QPR because my foundation and the QPR community department work together on some projects to help get more coaches in the game at grassroots level, and basically give something back to the community. I think both clubs will be slightly disappointed with their standings in the league at the moment because the Play-Offs seem a long way off.

You didn't play in a Fulham-QPR fixture during your time here, but could you get a sense of how important the derby games were?

I remember every Fulham game the fans had a certain song which included Al Fayed and QPR, but I won't go into it here! The QPR fans also let their feelings be known about Fulham so I could always sense the rivalry! I played in a QPR v Fulham pre-season game but it's never the same as when points are up for grabs.

How do you see Saturday's game going?

It's a hard one to call but I think it's going to be a fiercely contested London derby with few goals and maybe decided by an individual error or a moment of magic. I'll go for a narrow 1-0 victory for QPR based on the fact they are at home, unbeaten in five games since the turn of the year, and Fulham have not travelled well in the past few months despite a credible 1-1 draw at Huddersfield. QPR have not been prolific at home so that's why I think it will be a low scoring game. The best result for me would be a draw so both teams get something out of the game.

Tickets for Saturday's game are available to buy until 3pm on Friday. No tickets will be available on the day.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/february/12/opposition-view-zesh-rehman-qpr?

cmg

Quote from: WhiteJC on February 13, 2016, 11:11:10 AM

Why Fulham need to start getting nasty in the Championship ahead of west London derby with QPR

The Cottagers have only been pulled up for 272 fouls in league games to date, an average of 9.4 a game, according to figures provided by Opta.

Fulham have conceded fewer fouls than any other side in the Championship this season.

The Cottagers have been pulled up for 272 fouls in league games to date, an average of 9.4 a game, according to figures provided by Opta.

That's fewer in total and fewer per game than any other side in the division.

Wolverhampton are the league's next best behaved side and have conceded an average of just 10.1 fouls per game, 304 in total.

Derby's players have been pulled up for 305 fouls this season, 10.2 per game.

Hull have conceded 298 fouls this season, which is fewer than both Wolves and Derby, but the Tigers have only played 29 games to the other two's 30.

It means that Hull have been pulled up for slightly more fouls per match than Wolves and Derby - 10.3 as opposed to 10.1 and 10.2 respectively.

Burnley join Hull in fourth place on 10.3 fouls per match but have conceded 309 in total.

Leeds have conceded 10.5 per game on average, as have Cardiff.

Sheffield Wednesday have conceded more fouls than any other side in the Championship this season.

The Owls have been pulled up for 403 fouls in league games to date, an average of 13.4 a game.

That's more in total and more per game than any other side in the division.

Bolton are the league's next biggest foulers with 384 so far this season, an average of 12.8 a game.

Charlton's players have been pulled up for 367 fouls this season and QPR's for 360.

These figures class a foul as any infringement that is penalised as foul play by a referee. Fouls that go unpunished therefore won't be counted.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-need-start-getting-nasty-10878767?

...So, perhaps it's just that we've been better at getting away with it than the others.
Kacaniklic - the invisible assassin.

WhiteJC

QPR v Fulham: Whites missing defender for big derby clash

Team news from the Cottagers camp ahead of vital clash with Rangers with west London bragging rights up for grabs

Sick: Tim Ream (L)

Fulham are set to be without Tim Ream when they face QPR in the big west London derby at Loftus Road tomorrow.

The central defender-cum-left back has reported sick today and is a big doubt for the high noon clash live on TV.

However, the £2m signing from Bolton in the summer didn't feature in last week's 1-1 draw with Derby, and boss Slavisa Jokanovic hinted he won't be tinkering with his side as Whites go in search of the points that will steer them to Championship safety.

Fernando Amorebieta looks likely to partner Dan Burn in the centre of defence again, with Jazz Richards and Luke Garbutt outside them in the full-back slots.

The manager said: "Fernando played a good game against Derby, and can be an important player for us, but there are many games in front of us."

Jokanovic also suggested Austrian defender Micahel Madl and new midfielder Zakaria Labyad from Sporting club de Portugal are going to have to wait their turn.

"Zak and Madl are trying to adapt to themselves to a new situation; a new country. We are trying to support them so they can help us on the pitch too as soon as possible."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/qpr-v-fulham-whites-missing-10879026?

WhiteJC

Jokanović's QPR Preview

Slaviša Jokanović knows there have been improvements in Fulham's play of late, but admits that will count for little if they don't start collecting wins.

And what better place to secure a first victory under his stewardship than Loftus Road, where Queens Park Rangers will host the Whites in Saturday's lunchtime kick-off.

"The most important thing at the end of the day is the result," Jokanović said in Friday's pre-match press conference. "People say, and I believe too, we are going in the right direction.

"I believe we did important things in the previous days, and now all the people are waiting for a result. Our next chance is tomorrow; 100 per cent we're going to do everything to win this game.

"This is our chance and we're going to have one hour and a half to give our maximum to win these three points."

Jokanović has now had six games in charge at Fulham without finding a winning formula, but anyone present at those fixtures will argue that the team deserved better.

And our Head Coach, who is likely to be without Tim Ream on Saturday through illness, is remaining steadfast in his efforts to turn the Whites' season around.

"I am professional in this business," he stated. "My obligation is to try and find a solution for all the situations that I'm going to find. The only way to find a solution is working, that's it.

"I try working on the pitch, I'm working in the office. I think about football all the time to try and find a solution.

"It's true, everything is easier and simpler with victory, and I expect we can find this victory tomorrow at half past 12. I expect we're going to have the opportunity to enjoy these few hours from the end of the day before we prepare for what is in front of us.

"In general, this is football; I lost many games, I won still more games than I lost. We keep going and be brave in all the situations. Our intention 100 per cent is to find the victory tomorrow."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/february/12/jokanovics-qpr-preview?

WhiteJC

Jokanović: Time To Step Up

Head Coach Slaviša Jokanović believes it is Fulham's duty to deliver a performance in what he describes as a 'big derby' for both the fans and the Team.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/february/12/jokanovic-time-to-step-up

WhiteJC

Fulham's Ream could miss QPR clash

Fulham defender Tim Ream may miss Saturday's west London derby with QPR.

The US international, who has made 22 appearances this season since signing from Bolton, is struggling with illness.

Ryan Tunnicliffe (hamstring), Cauley Woodrow (broken toe) and Marcus Bettinelli (knee) are all long-term absentees for the Whites.

QPR will check on the fitness of Alejandro Faurlin after the midfielder came off last weekend against Ipswich with a thigh problem.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/football-wls-fulham-man-doubtful-for-qpr-derby

WhiteJC

QPR Factfile

Fulham will be looking to complete a bragging rights-earning double over Queens Park Rangers when the sides meet at Loftus Road in the lunchtime kick-off on Saturday.

The opposition

A strong start to the season that saw QPR win three of their opening five matches meant they occupied fourth spot in the Sky Bet Championship come the end of August, but a barren run thereafter of just two wins from 10 cost head coach Chris Ramsey his job. Included in that spell was their biggest defeat of the season; 4-0 against Fulham at Craven Cottage.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink was appointed a month later but had to wait nine matches for his first win; a 3-0 success away to Rotherham United. They followed that up with consecutive draws with Wolverhampton Wanderers and Nottingham Forest, and go into Saturday's West London derby on the back of a narrow win over Ipswich Town last time out.

Some big names departed Loftus Road in January as Sandro and Leroy Fer joined West Bromwich Albion and Swansea City, respectively, on loan, while top scorer Charlie Austin left for Southampton on a permanent deal. In came Peterborough United striker Conor Washington and Burton Albion winger Abdenasser El Khayati.

Team news

Washington and Alejandro Faurlin will have fitness tests after limping out of the Ipswich win with ankle and thigh injuries, respectively.

Tickets

Tickets are still available to buy but will go off sale at 3pm on Friday. No tickets will be available to purchase on the day.

Weather

It will be a cold day in W12 with temperatures of around five degrees come kick-off, and a 50/50 chance of rain is forecast.

Pre-match

There is a Wetherspoons (The Central Bar) opposite Shepherd's Bush tube station, and next door is Beluschi's, the official away fan pub.

Coral match odds

QPR: 11/10

Draw: 23/10

Fulham: 5/2

Last time we met

What an evening this was, as Fulham blew QPR away to win 4-0 at Craven Cottage back in September. Moussa Dembélé headed in as early as the second minute, before Ben Pringle doubled the advantage with a clinical shot from the edge of the box. Ross McCormack finished off a sweeping team move to make it three in the first half, and grabbed his second and the Whites' fourth after the break to round off a sublime all-round performance.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/february/12/qpr-factfile?

WhiteJC

Leicester's Claudio Ranieri one of the 'most important managers', says Slavisa Jokanovic

Leicester boss Claudio Ranieri is one of the "most important managers" in the Premier League, says Fulham counterpart Slavisa Jokanovic.

Former Watford boss Jokanovic remains without a win at Fulham since joining the club the end of December, with his side just four points from safety in the Championship.

In contrast, Ranieri has guided Leicester to the top of the Premier League table with 53 points from 25 games and a five-point gap over second-placed Tottenham.

Jokanovic spent two years at Chelsea as a player under Ranieri from 2000-02, and spoke of his admiration for the Leicester manager.

"He is one of the most important managers in the league," Jokanovic said. "He is a good coach and a good man. He has had many years in this profession and right now he is living the dream."

Jokanovic, who joined Fulham after being released from Israeli side Maccabi Tel Aviv, admitted coaching is on the minds of many footballers during their playing career.

"Many ex-Chelsea players from my time are now in management," he added. "It is true you can find many players who are interested in making their next step after being a professional footballer."

This season bears a stark contrast to the last campaign for Jokanovic, when he led Watford to automatic promotion to the Premier League.

He later left Vicarage Road after talks over a new deal collapsed.

Since arriving at Craven Cottage, the 47-year-old has recorded four defeats and two draws, but feels positive ahead of Saturday's trip to derby rivals Queens Park Rangers.

"I understand all the people are waiting for a result. This is our chance," he said.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/10164272/leicesters-claudio-ranieri-one-of-the-most-important-managers-says-slavisa-jokanovic?

WhiteJC

QPR v Fulham

BBC coverage
How to follow:
Listen on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio; text commentary on the BBC Sport website

TEAM NEWS
QPR will check on the fitness of midfielder Alejandro Faurlin as they prepare to host Fulham.

The Argentinian picked up a thigh injury as he was substituted in the 1-0 win over Ipswich.

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic could hand debuts to new recruits Zakaria Labyad and Michael Madl.

The attacking pair of Ross McCormack and Moussa Dembele will look forward to playing QPR again after both strikers scored in their 4-0 win in September.

MATCH FACTS
QPR have won just one of their last nine league clashes with Fulham (D1 L7), failing to score in seven of those matches.
Fulham have won just two of their last 10 away matches against QPR (D2 L6), although those wins have arrived in their last three visits to Loftus Road.
Alex Smithies has kept three clean sheets in his last four league appearances for QPR, while Rob Green failed to keep a shutout in any of his last five games.
Fulham have scored the most goals from outside the area in the Championship this term (12).
QPR have gone five games unbeaten for the second time this season (W2 D3); they've yet to go six without defeat in 2015/16.
Fulham have won just one of their last 15 league matches, losing eight (D6).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35509293

WhiteJC

QPR v Fulham: Whites boss wants squeaky-clean side to be better tacklers

The side from the Cottage have the best record in the Championship when it comes to conceding fouls - but that could be a double-edged sword for the strugglers

More of this, please: Middlesbrough's David Nugent is tackled by Luke Garbutt

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic wants his side to tackle more while maintaining their squeaky clean image.

The Whites boss is only too aware the double-edged sword that is the latest statistics on fouls conceded by Championship teams.

The OPTA list has Fulham at the top, or actually the bottom, when it comes to stopping play illegally – viewed as both a good and a bad thing by the man in charge.

If there are lies, damned lies and statistics, the newest set suggests Whites might want to do something about a goals-against ratio that is equal worst in the division alongside hapless Bolton.

Putting a foot in might help.

"I don't detect we are strong and aggressive, but we need to be intelligent in this situation and use this to our advantage," the coach said.

"Sometimes if you are not clever enough in this situation, it might be against us.

"This competition is very competitive and physical, and we need to be more clever."

The team with the worst foul ratio is Sheffield Wednesday with 403 dodgy stoppages this term, followed by Bolton, Charlton and tomorrow's opponents QPR on 360 – or an average 12 fouls per game.

Way down the other end come Whites on a mere 272 fouls, or an average 9.4 a game, and 32 fewer than next worst, Wolves.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/qpr-v-fulham-whites-boss-10881110?

WhiteJC

QPR v Fulham: five key battles

QPR and Fulham face each other in a derby at Loftus Road this weekend. Here are five potential battles we think could be all-important in Saturday's match.

Grant Hall v Ross McCormack
The increasingly impressive Hall, who has looked so composed at the heart of the Rangers defence this season, will face one of his toughest tests against McCormack, who scored twice against QPR in the 4-0 demolition at Craven Cottage in September. Hall watched from the bench that night as McCormack easily got the better of Gabriele Angella. This one could be a closer contest.

Matt Phillips v Luke Garbutt
Phillips faced James Husband in the reverse fixture but will come up against Whites left-back Garbutt on Saturday. The stats don't make good reading for the on-loan Everton man – Fulham have not won any of the 12 games that he has started.

Alejandro Faurlin v Rohan Ince
Fulham snapped up Ince – a former Chelsea youngster – on loan from Brighton on deadline day and, at 6′ 3″, he brings a physical, yet mobile, presence that was sorely lacking. The contest between him and Faurlin may decide which side wins the midfield battle – assuming Faurlin overcomes a thigh problem.

Conor Washington v Dan Burn
Burn has started the last nine Fulham league games and will need to be alert against Rangers' recent signing Washington, who will look to drag him out of position at every opportunity and comes alive in the box.

Paul Konchesky v Tom Cairney or Alex Kacanikilic
Slaviša Jokanovic's tactical approach will determine who former Fulham man Konchesky faces. If the Whites boss plays 4-4-2, Cairney is likely to test the QPR left-back by cutting in from the right flank, but if Moussa Dembele is left out and and Fulham look to flood the midfield, as was the case at Huddersfield, Kacaniklic will probably play as a more orthodox winger.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/qpr-v-fulham-five-key-battles?

WhiteJC

Fulham's Pringle completes Ipswich loan move

Fulham winger Ben Pringle has joined Ipswich Town on loan for an initial month with a view to staying at Portman Road for the remainder of the season.

The 26-year-old has not played for the Whites under Slavisa Jokanovic, his last appearance coming as a substitute in the 4-1 win over Rotherham on 29 December.

Pringle joined Fulham in the summer from Rotherham but has made just 12 league starts.

Ipswich have been looking for a replacement for Ryan Fraser, who tore his hamstring in their defeat at QPR on Saturday.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/fulhams-pringle-completes-ipswich-loan-move?

WhiteJC

Pringle's Ipswich Loan

The Club can confirm that Ben Pringle has joined Ipswich Town on an emergency loan deal.

Pringle has made 18 appearances for Fulham since arriving in the summer, scoring two goals, and he now joins up with the Tractor Boys who currently sit seventh in the Sky Bet Championship table.

We wish Ben the best of luck during his time at Portman Road.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/february/12/pringles-ipswich-loan?

WhiteJC

One to Watch - Ross McCormack

Ross McCormack has been highlighted as Fulham's One to Watch this weekend.

Name: Ross McCormack

Date of birth: 18.08.1986

Previous clubs: Rangers, Doncaster Rovers (L), Motherwell, Cardiff City, Leeds United, Fulham

Appearances (goals): 422 (146)

With 17 goals to his name in all competitions so far this season for a struggling Fulham side, it was no surprise to see Ross McCormack in the headlines during last month`s transfer window, with promotion-chasing Middlesbrough`s attempts to sign the striker rebuffed by the Cottagers.

Having apparently expressed his desire to leave the club by handing in a transfer request, despite only signing a contract extension to the summer of 2019 last August, he remains in West London for the next few months at least, when further speculation regarding his future will likely arise again.

At 29, and having never played in the Premier League despite his prolific goalscoring record in the second tier in recent years, the man signed 18 months ago for a reported £11million fee from fellow Championship side Leeds United will be desperate to test himself in the top flight in the near future.

McCormack looks well on course to overhaul the 19 goals he managed in his debut season at Craven Cottage, which ended in him being voted as the club`s Player of the Year, as his goals helped the side to a 17th place finish in their first season back in the Championship since promotion in 2001.

The forward has a knack of finding the net against the R`s, notching four goals in six appearances, including a double in the 4-0 defeat at Craven Cottage in the reverse fixture earlier this season, and a strike in each of his last two visits to Loftus Road while with previous club Leeds.

Having begun his professional career with Glasgow Rangers, with whom he made his debut in May 2004, and managed 14 appearances and three goals, one of which was an equaliser in a 1-1 draw away at Porto in the Champions League group stages, he was released by the Ibrox club in the summer of 2006.

Despite a successful loan spell at Doncaster Rovers in League One in the months prior to his release, which saw five goals in 19 matches, he was deemed surplus to requirements upon his return to Glasgow, and signed a two-year contract with fellow Scottish Premier League side Motherwell shortly after.

14 goals in two seasons at Fir Park sparked interest from Premier League side Wigan Athletic, and concluded with his first appearance for the Scottish national side in May 2008 in a 3-1 friendly defeat in the Czech Republic, the first of his 11 caps to date, in which he`s netted twice.

After a move to the Latics failed to materialise, McCormack signed for Championship side Cardiff City in June 2008 following the expiration of his Motherwell contract, and he hit the ground running in his first season at the club, finishing as the league`s joint-second top scorer with 21 goals, and 24 in all competitions.

Just five goals followed during his second season in the Welsh capital despite being almost ever-present, and play-off disappointment was to come at the end of the 2009/2010 campaign as the Bluebirds lost out to Blackpool in the final at Wembley, having twice taken the lead against the Tangerines in a 3-2 defeat.
After two seasons with the club, he was on the move again, as Leeds secured his services just days before the closing of the transfer window in August 2010 for an undisclosed fee believed to have been in the region of £350,000, and what turned out to be an inspired signing.

In his four years with the Yorkshire club he bagged 58 goals in all competitions, which included his most prolific season to date, as he finished as the Championship`s top scorer at the end of the 2013/2014 campaign, with 28 league goals.

After being given the captaincy during his final season at Elland Road, McCormack went on to clean up at the end of season awards prior to his departure, picking up the Player of the Year award for a second time during his spell at the club, while also being named in the Championship Team of the Year.

Despite what was a successful season personally for the player, he made it clear to the club`s hierarchy that he no longer wanted to play for the club, and after a substantial bid from Fulham was received, the club reluctantly agreed to his move to West London, where a similar situation looks to be playing out.

Read more: http://www.qpr.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=434745#ixzz402zG9IMn

WhiteJC

Slaviša On Hasselbaink

Slaviša Jokanović has a lot of time for Queens Park Rangers boss Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, but he's confident of getting one over on his former teammate on Saturday.

The pair were on Chelsea's books together back in their playing days but will find themselves in opposite dugouts at Loftus Road when Fulham face Queens Park Rangers at the weekend.

"First of all, Jimmy's a nice man who was a very important person for me in my first experience here in England," Jokanović explained. "I have a very good friendship with him.

"He helped me adapt myself when I arrived for the first time here in England. I spoke with him in Spanish, this is my second language, and he helped me so much.

"I knew he intended to be a manager and football coach. In a short time he made a few important steps and now he's here where he deserves to be."

It was nine matches before Hasselbaink sampled victory at Rangers, but Jokanović believes he has improved things in W12.

"This is football, we are not magic," he stated. "All the coaches are thinking and talking about time, but we understand time doesn't exist in football and we need to immediately start winning games.

"Jimmy, after one month, had them playing better and they started winning games. I think he made a good job and his team is actually right now in a normal process.

"I remember him from the past, many times we played cards on the bus and I beat him, and I expect I'll have the opportunity to beat him tomorrow in the game."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/february/12/slavisa-on-hasselbaink?

WhiteJC

Williams Joins Gills

The Club can confirm that George Williams has joined Gillingham on a youth loan until the end of the season.

After a sustained period on the sidelines as he recovered from an ACL injury, the Wales international made his first appearance of the season in the narrow defeat by Hull City last month.

He joins up with a high-flying Gills side who are pushing for promotion from Sky Bet League One, as they currently occupy fourth spot in the standings.

Everyone at the Club would like to wish George all the best during his time in Kent.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/february/12/williams-joins-gills?

WhiteJC

Will Loftus Road See that First Fulham Win?

Since being appointed as the new, permanent manager of Fulham Football Club, Slavisa Jokanovic has yet to experience the elation a victory brings.

Six games into his reign the Cottagers have lost four of those six games and drawn two, but the general consensus is that Slavisa is changing things for the better and the support are hoping that the white-hot atmosphere that Loftus Road will generate tomorrow will bring that first, elusive win.

Talking about the situation Jokanovic, speaking to BBC Radio London, has remarked,

'I can speak about time, processes, players and many things but the most important thing is results.

'We are going in the right direction and I believe we have done important things in the days behind us.'

'My obligation is to try to find a solution to the situations and the only way to do that is by working on the pitch and in the office.

'I think about football all the time to try to find a solution for my team. We need to keep going and be brave in all situations.'

Anyone reckon Loftus Road will see our boss get the reward his work deserves?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=434775#ixzz4030Ya2RN

WhiteJC

We think QPR will beat Fulham – and Phillips could be the key man

QPR face Fulham at Loftus Road this weekend and we think it'll go Rangers' way – they're 23/20 favourites to win Saturday's derby, with Fulham 27/10 and the draw 12/5.

Rangers are looking much more organised under boss Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, are now unbeaten in their last five league games, and are likely to make it six.

BetVictor have man-of-the-match betting available and make Conor Washington and Ross McCormack the 6/1 joint favourites to take home the bottle of bubbly.

Winger Matt Phillips, who scored QPR's winner against Ipswich, appeals at both 15/2 to open the scoring and 12/1 to be named the man of the match.

Fulham have been struggling to convert their chances and with the Whites having taken just two points from a possible 15 since beating fellow strugglers Rotherham in December, we've moved them to 6/1 from 7s to be relegated.

Brentford, meanwhile, are 14/5 to win at Sheffield Wednesday, who are 11/10 favourites, with the draw 5/2.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/features-comment/football-wls-we-think-qpr-willl-beat-fulham-and-rs-winger-could-be-the-key-man

WhiteJC

The remarkable life of Jimmy Hill was remembered at a celebration in Coventry on Friday

A celebration of the life of football legend Jimmy Hill took place at Coventry Cathedral on Friday.

The 87-year-old, who numbered player, manager and owner among his many roles during an extraordinary life in the sport, passed away in December after a battle with Alzheimer's disease.

Hundreds turned out to remember Hill, including the England manager Roy Hodgson and FA Chairman Greg Dyke.

Hill had a long playing career with Brentford and particularly Fulham, and had a huge influence as leader of the players' union, successfully campaigning for the abolition of the £20 maximum wage.

A successful manager of Coventry following the end of his playing days, he is also regarded as a true footballing pioneer and was instrumental in the introduction of all-seater stadiums, three points for a win and professional referees.

He also became a renowned TV broadcaster and executive, and also famously acted as a stand-in linesman during an Arsenal-Liverpool match at Highbury in 1972.

Hill's son Jamie and the former Wales and Coventry boss Bobby Gould spoke during the celebration, along with BBC commentator John Motson, while the Sky Blue Song, which Hill wrote for the midlands club, closed the service.

Speaking outside the Cathedral, Dyke said: "He was a bit of a maverick as he did such different things.

"Remember, he went from being a football manager to a television executive. It is not a natural move and yet he did it well and then became a pundit and a presenter. He had a special talent.

"You knew him as a footballer too, because no one had a beard in those days!"

Hill is a beloved figure at Coventry, having climaxed a revolutionary spell as manager by leading them into the top flight for the first time ever.

And PFA Chief Executive Gordon Taylor said: "Jimmy will never be forgotten at Coventry for what he did.

"We're talking about the first all-seater stadium, pre-match entertainment, special supporters' trains.

"My wife was at Coventry training college and he agreed to be kidnapped for their rag day! He was always willing to have fun and to improve things.

"I suppose he was like one of those explorers, looking for new things. The Christopher Columbus of football."

And current Coventry boss Tony Mowbray said: "At every home game a song plays before kick-off and the fans pick it up, and there are black and white pictures of Jimmy orchestrating the crowd.

"He wrote the words and the fans all bought into it. He was a real leader of men, who picked this club up and took it from the Third Division to the First Division, as it was then."

West Ham and England great Sir Trevor Brooking said Hill was able make so many positive changes because of his love of the sport.

"His greatest contribution was his enthusiasm for the game," said Brooking.

"Whatever Jim got into, he would not let go if he thought the changes he was proposing were right.

"A lot of people had no idea, the things he had done. I think a lot of the younger generation were pretty shocked about just how much influence he had for 30-40 years."

England manager Hodgson spoke after the service and felt it was a fitting tribute to Hill.

"I think we have lost a great innovator, and a very important man in the football world," he said.

"I am really pleased that tonight his life was celebrated in such a dignified way and so many people, who knew him so much better than me, were able to speak so glowingly about his life.

"I am sure his family must be very, very proud this evening."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10164919/the-one-and-only-jimmy-hill-was-remembered-at-a-celebration-in-coventry-on-friday?