watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dan burns defending 2......

Started by colinwhite, February 13, 2016, 04:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

Full credit to Dan he didnt put a foot wrong today . I will gladly carry on eating humble pie if he carries on performing like that !
It was also amazing to see the perfromance of many of our better players . Johanovic has given the side a structure, belief and determination that I have not  seen since the days of Roy. Scott Parker was superb and benefitted from the imput of Jokanovic for all to see. Well done the lads !

RaySmith

Agree - Dan was immense today, but all our defenders were brilliant.

Great to see such commitment from a Fulham team.

leonffc

I wouldn't say he didn't put a foot wrong. He should have been sent off, although that was largely down to Amoremieta it was a rash challenge that he got away with. And some of his passing is still horrible but yes, I'll eat humble pie and say he is doing OK at the minute.
It was a great display today, full of energy and well deserved

fulhamben

Quote from: leonffc on February 13, 2016, 04:57:24 PM
I wouldn't say he didn't put a foot wrong. He should have been sent off, although that was largely down to Amoremieta it was a rash challenge that he got away with. And some of his passing is still horrible but yes, I'll eat humble pie and say he is doing OK at the minute.
yes and once again he let the ball bounce rather than attacking it and qpr got in. But other than those two things, he didn't put a foot wrong
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

J

There was 1 bouncing ball he didn't deal with, but I'm not nitpicking I just noticed it was madl that mopped up who I also thought had a really good game - he worked well alongside burn as he was comfortable on the ball and gave burn a good short passing option to play out from the back

leonffc

Quote from: J on February 13, 2016, 05:20:41 PM
There was 1 bouncing ball he didn't deal with, but I'm not nitpicking I just noticed it was madl that mopped up who I also thought had a really good game - he worked well alongside burn as he was comfortable on the ball and gave burn a good short passing option to play out from the back

Thank God. Anything over 5 yards and Burn struggles!
Good point on Madl though. His passing was very good, and he played very well

filham

Quote from: leonffc on February 13, 2016, 04:57:24 PM

There was a tense minute or two waiting for the ref to pull out the card after that Burn foul, it looked as though it could well have been red.  Burn had another good game and the defence is looking better but that long awaited clean sheet is proving hard to get.

Bassey the warrior

His passing and clearances could do with work, but I like that he stays on his feet and his positioning is very good. Yellow card was right for the foul, too far out to prevent a goalscoring opportunity.

leonffc

Quote from: The Moose on February 13, 2016, 07:52:57 PM
His passing and clearances could do with work, but I like that he stays on his feet and his positioning is very good. Yellow card was right for the foul, too far out to prevent a goalscoring opportunity.

Too far out? I don't think the attacker was going to shoot from there. He had a clear run on goal and I doubt the defender (Madl?) would have caught him but we'll never know.
I'm not sure if it was the right decision or not but it was lucky, and I'll take that bit of luck!!

RaySmith

That was a crucial tackle - foul or no - he took one for the team.

So many times have I seen Fulham players pull out of challenging a player through on goal, not wanting to give away a foul - but better to give away a foul, and risk a card, than a goal.

Burn took a calculated gamble to bring the player down  - the only way he could be stopped- otherwise he would have had a clear run on goal.

colinwhite

I wouldnt blame  Burn too much for the challenge, he got dropped in it by Amorebietta. The fact that he had been so decisive and clean in his tackling prior to the incident played a part in the referees decision not to send him off.

BedsFFC

WE have been a horrible football team for 2 or 3 years now, give or take a few games. We went short today more than I've seen us for a while.

All I would say is that a passing game doesn't suit young Dan right now. However, I'm very careful about what I say because I really thought we had mugged Man u off with Smalling.

Defensively, Dan seems very promising.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: leonffc on February 13, 2016, 08:32:51 PM

Quote from: The Moose on February 13, 2016, 07:52:57 PM

Too far out? I don't think the attacker was going to shoot from there. He had a clear run on goal and I doubt the defender (Madl?) would have caught him but we'll never know.
I'm not sure if it was the right decision or not but it was lucky, and I'll take that bit of luck!!

He obviously wasn't going to shoot, but he far out enough for other players to catch up.

Berserker

It should have been a red but we were lucky. The others players were passing the ball too much showing off a bit, getting a bit cocky and the ball got lost to a QPR player. Burn was put in an awkward position due to the above.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

FPT

His performances since Stuart Gray has come in have been very good, and improved under Slavisa Jokanovic. Easy to forget he's still only 23 years old, he's still got a lot of maturing and development in him.

And to the 'blemishes' people point out, if he didn't have those blemishes, he'd be playing in the Premier League. There's not many (if any) perfect players in this division!

NogoodBoyo

Apparently he wasn't sent off because he wasn't the last man (according to the ref).
Nogood "I read that earlier somewhere, isit" Boyo

Andy S

The best centre halves are the older ones with a bit of experience. So Dan's time is yet to come

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: Andy S on February 13, 2016, 11:55:48 PM
The best centre halves are the older ones with a bit of experience. So Dan's time is yet to come

You're dead right there Andy S with no nickname!  One of the most pleasant lengthy experiences I've had in life was watching Bobby Moore rule the roost at Fulham in the twilight years of his career.  Nobody got by him - and his distribution?  Peerless. 
Nogood "Slow and heavy-legged, but, like the bus, he always got there, isit" Boyo