News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Three players on their way in apparently..

Started by Yarden, August 10, 2010, 08:23:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yarden

Rafik Halliche from Benfica, Gudjohnson on loan for a year and Silvestre on free.

TheDaddy

Quote from: Yarden on August 10, 2010, 08:23:06 AM
Rafik Halliche from Benfica, Gudjohnson on loan for a year and Silvestre on free.

Were going to have the old sods army on the pitch.I MIGHT DIG OUT MY FOOTBALL BOOTS. :57:
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Hazey

Silvestre?? He'd be the perfect pairing with that old Croatian dude Dirty Sanchez bought in from pompey!
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

os5889

http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/Fulham-target-Eidur-Gudjohnsen-and-Mikael-Silvestre-set-to-seal-Rafik-Halliche-deal/9467/

Fulham target Eidur Gudjohnsen and Mikael Silvestre, set to seal Rafik Halliche dealAugust 10, 2010|Transfer gossip|0 Comments|

Fulham manager Mark Hughes isn't wasting any time in trying to bolster his squad, lining up moves for Icelandic striker Eidur Gudjohnsen and French defender Mikael Silvestre .
Eidur Gudjohnsen was on loan at Tottenham from AS Monaco last season but a permanent move to the north Londoners broke down after Spurs chief Daniel Levy insisted that coach Harry Redknapp offload some of his fringe players before buying the former the dark side forward.

Mikael Silvestre is out of contract at Arsenal and his proposed move to Dubai failed to materialize.

Meanwhile, Rafik Halliche is poised to complete his £2.5million transfer to the Cottagers from Benfica in the next 24 hours.

The Algeria World Cup defender, who will have a medical at Fulham tomorrow, called the move to the Premier League "simply sensational."

Logicalman

Quote from: TheDaddy on August 10, 2010, 08:31:44 AM
Quote from: Yarden on August 10, 2010, 08:23:06 AM

Were going to have the old sods army on the pitch.I MIGHT DIG OUT MY FOOTBALL BOOTS. :57:

They could be 100 years old each as far as I'm concerned, as long as they can contribute something to the team, I'm not going to lose sleep - I mean, look at Smurph, not exactly in the fountain of Youth himself!!  :005:

AlFayedsChequebook

Halliche - Excellent signing
Gudjohnson - Excellent if short deal, I am sure can really contribute something
Silvstre - On a free, can play left back, not bad but hardly excites. Still he obviously still has something since he played at Arsenal last year.

TonyGilroy

He didn't play well at Arsenal last season and they didn't want to keep him.

I would find Silvestre a very odd and frankly dispiriting acquisition.

Gudjonson though still oozes class.

OldBrownShoe

Sivestre doesn't appeal to me either.

With these rumours of three players coming in, it makes me think that we may be about to lose some too. I may be quite wrong. There is nothing wrong with building a strong squad until the players left on the bench start to  be unsettled.  In any case would prefer we brought younger players in.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

LBNo11

...I would prefer Tweety Pie to Silvestre.. :031:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

sipwell

Silvestre might be out for "revenge" since he has been called up by Domenech to play for the French squad. Since Blanc has taken over - and he promised to get the French team back on track, with or without the WC failures - Silvestre might see a chance to get another number of caps (especially since French defence is particularly weak atm), on the condition that he plays often for the team he is with.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Teabag

Yes, but 2 of them are defenders and surely we need to strenthgen midfield not the defense? A long term replacement for Murphy should be the priority. Like the idea of Gudjohnson along side Zamora.

epsomraver

According to the Sun so it must be true, Friedel telling O'neill he wanted to go to Fulham made him quit?

Jimpav

I like the sound of that Epsom, if Schwarz is going then Friedal would be a suitable replacement.

Yippe Kay yay.

HatterDon

Quote from: LBNo11 on August 10, 2010, 10:22:12 AM
...I would prefer Tweety Pie to Silvestre.. :031:

this juxtoposition has always made me smile since the days when, as a teenager, my immediate boss was named Tweedie and HIS immediate boss was named Sylvester. I'm sure this didn't give them the joy that it gave all their underlings.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel