watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A small moan on a great day

Started by SP, February 13, 2016, 09:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

How did both the ref & the referees assistant fail to penalise Jamie Mackie for having Lonergan in a strangle hold at their first half corners? 

The Swan

The same referee that did not book Parker when he broke from the wall before Rangers had moved the ball for a free kick just outside our penalty area.
The Swan

bobbo

Because they are human, they make some mistakes, but no where near the amount the players make
1975 just leaving home full of hope

@jolslover

Mackie is a pub footballer, QPR fans love him but hes technically poor, just runs around a lot
Interesting than Daniel "tosser" Tozser was so bad, He started almost every game under Jokanovic at Watford
STH H3

N_O_W_S

Quote from: @jolslover on February 14, 2016, 07:22:29 PM
Mackie is a pub footballer, QPR fans love him but hes technically poor, just runs around a lot
Interesting than Daniel "tosser" Tozser was so bad, He started almost every game under Jokanovic at Watford
I'm actually a fan of Jamie Mackie. Think he's a solid wide player.

Like you though I was surprised by Tozser. He was excellent at Watford.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

@jolslover

Quote from: Ols_S on February 14, 2016, 07:35:28 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on February 14, 2016, 07:22:29 PM
I'm actually a fan of Jamie Mackie. Think he's a solid wide player.

Like you though I was surprised by Tozser. He was excellent at Watford.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Fair enough, Maybe a tad harsh on Mackie, He was good at Reading, but overall not impressed
STH H3

epsomraver

Quote from: The Swan on February 14, 2016, 07:08:42 PM
The same referee that did not book Parker when he broke from the wall before Rangers had moved the ball for a free kick just outside our penalty area.

Read the law, directly they move the ball Parker has every right to move forward to charge it down, one of the downsides of tee-ing a ball up

bobbo

Quote from: epsomraver on February 15, 2016, 01:34:29 PM

Read the law, directly they move the ball Parker has every right to move forward to charge it down, one of the downsides of tee-ing a ball up
i thought that too , not only those on here but the commentators on sky didn't realise that it was "tee 'd up " first , and that's when he charged forward.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

theofulham

The same ref who didnt send Dan Burn off. So let's not complain too much!

SP

Quote from: theofulham on February 15, 2016, 03:49:33 PM

I wasn't really complaining, I fully appreciate how difficult it is to officiate the modern game.  They will always make mistakes, even when they introduce rugby style video refs. What frustrates me is when they get the more obvious offences wrong.  A prime example was the saved Burnley penalty on Saturday, the Reading keeper was clearly way off his line when the penalty was taken.

Airfix

Quote from: theofulham on February 15, 2016, 03:49:33 PM

From my angle, I thought that the other defender (Madl?) was just about in position to cover so not a red in my eyes.