watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Quality yes or no

Started by FulhamStu, February 13, 2016, 11:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

Many have said that our squad is full of quality, however some have said we are bang average.  I will say we have much quality but have been unbalanced.  Now with a quality head coach we can maximise what we have, add where we lack and move on what we don't need.  It's started... Time to look forward to better times I think.

colinwhite

Agree Stu . Cairney was a quality signing , and ohara was a steal who has lots of quality . Our strike force is unquestioned . The problem has been that due to lack of real direction the inefficiences that we also have had in  the squad have come to the fore.  The slightly worrying aspect of our summer business was that virtually all the players were signed from teams below us in the league.
Stats are fine when it comes to scouting players , but they dont give you balance in your squad , or take in to account if players can play effectively in the same side.
For me the best example of this is our captain.
Under magath and Kit , Parker looked over the hill lacking in belief in what he was doing ,and himself almost questioning why he was bothering . Since Joka came in he has direction and belief in what they are doing ,regardless of results. Lots ,including mayself would have discarded him but  yesterday he looked so confidant and fully focused on his task . For me that was his best performance in a Fulham shirt. We now have someone at the helm that nobody is doubting . The players show this in their body language and actions. I dont think this is a one off because we have all seen it coming in the last 4or5 matches , so in that sense we have already become much more consistent .
The quality of the squad as Joka pointed out in his post match interview is good, but it is also about finding a winning mentality,being solid and organised for each match which requires different tactics and preparation.

Andyb

Body language yesterday, first time in a while they looked committed and working together as a team, my favourite moment has to be after Ohara did his cheeky bit of skill down the wing, him and Parker were having a laugh about it! Good to see!

MJG

Always stuck with my own belief that this 'squad'  Should be challenging from 4th-8th. Having seen every team in this league nothing has changed my mind on that. There is quality and a good team in this squad and at times we have seen it. But now they have a man in charge who won't accept  anything other than total commitment on the field.

One Martin Thomas

Sum of the parts is far greater than the team's  position suggests. We should be a playoff team.

colinwhite

Results dont lie we have been pitiful in defense and had little direction in much else for so many matches this year . We have had a lack of defensive nouse and still have alot to prove in that regard , so sorry to say that we should be top six is abit over the top . With a few defensive  additions which balance the squad we should be top 6 next year.