watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Top scorer

Started by Joe5, February 14, 2016, 07:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe5

Why does our top scorer still take corner kicks, when his services would be much better being in the box at corner kicks
FFC

fulhamben

His corners are terrible too
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Roberty

I would imagine that it's because our head coach told him to.

He's 5'8" shorts and I doubt that he's scored many headed goals - so maybe it's better to have an accurate kicker landing it on our 6" plus players bonny heads - that way we might score from a corner before the end of the season.

I read somewhere that we've scored more goals from shots outside the box that any other Championship club this season - that is Ross's range!
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

fulhamben

Quote from: Roberty on February 14, 2016, 08:02:58 AM
I would imagine that it's because our head coach told him to.

He's 5'8" shorts and I doubt that he's scored many headed goals - so maybe it's better to have an accurate kicker landing it on our 6" plus players bonny heads - that way we might score from a corner before the end of the season.

I read somewhere that we've scored more goals from shots outside the box that any other Championship club this season - that is Ross's range!
so he should be hovering just outside the box waiting for the second ball, not taking poor corners
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Joe5

He's 5'8" shorts and I doubt that he's scored many headed goals - so maybe it's better to have an accurate kicker landing it on our 6" plus players

I see, but at 5'8" inch, he would be much much better in the box than our 6" (inch) players. :-)
FFC

bobby01

Quote from: Joe5 on February 14, 2016, 08:22:59 AM

He's 5'8" shorts and I doubt that he's scored many headed goals - so maybe it's better to have an accurate kicker landing it on our 6" plus players

I see, but at 5'8" inch, he would be much much better in the box than our 6" (inch) players. :-)

:wow: tis the leprechauns
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Joe5

FFC

grandad

He is a dreadful corner taker. When has he sent over one that Burn & the other tall players can attack? I would rather him to be just outside the pen area for half clearances or if he must take them use short corners.We are no threat at the moment.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Nero

Quote from: Joe5 on February 14, 2016, 07:53:43 AM
Why does our top scorer still take corner kicks, when his services would be much better being in the box at corner kicks

cos its his ball and if we dont let him, he will take his ball to boro

cmg

Logically, it must be the case that McCormack takes the corners because he is considered to be the best at taking them, and that the team practices accordingly.
The fact that he is so poor at them is sad evidence of how lousy the others are - something borne out whenever anybody else has a go.
The now departed Roberts and the on-loan Evans are the only deliverers of a half-decent corner I have seen from us in recent months.
The plot thickens (or widens) when you consider the generally very, very poor standard of corners seen from many other sides, including those in the PL.
Perhaps the takers are distracted by the display of all-in wrestling taking place in front of them or maybe they are putting a different type of air in the ball these days, but it is baffling!

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: cmg on February 14, 2016, 09:26:38 AM
Logically, it must be the case that McCormack takes the corners because he is considered to be the best at taking them, and that the team practices accordingly.
The fact that he is so poor at them is sad evidence of how lousy the others are - something borne out whenever anybody else has a go.
The now departed Roberts and the on-loan Evans are the only deliverers of a half-decent corner I have seen from us in recent months.
The plot thickens (or widens) when you consider the generally very, very poor standard of corners seen from many other sides, including those in the PL.
Perhaps the takers are distracted by the display of all-in wrestling taking place in front of them or maybe they are putting a different type of air in the ball these days, but it is baffling!

I blame them black dogs that keep strolling round
the place.
Where's the Dogs Trust when you need them..

cmg

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 14, 2016, 09:39:23 AM

the place.

Yes! Bloody moving adverts, another thing that annoys me about modern football.
Whenever I see those dogs I think I'm back bunking off school for the afternoon meeting at Stamford Bridge.

bill taylors apprentice

He may be the "best" corner taker in the team but he is also the best finisher so surely we need him in the box for when there's a loose ball?

You can train a player to take better corners but you can't train the strikers instinct in the box!

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: cmg on February 14, 2016, 10:01:11 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 14, 2016, 09:39:23 AM

the place.

Yes! Bloody moving adverts, another thing that annoys me about modern football.
Whenever I see those dogs I think I'm back bunking off school for the afternoon meeting at Stamford Bridge.

Yes a bloody  nuisance...

lamby

Tim Cahill is 5'8" - probably the best header I have seen.

davew

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on February 14, 2016, 10:03:44 AM
He may be the "best" corner taker in the team but he is also the best finisher so surely we need him in the box for when there's a loose ball?

You can train a player to take better corners but you can't train the strikers instinct in the box!
Our best corner taker, surely you are joking, I think he is terrible, the ball barely gets past the first defenders and rarely into a dangerous position in the box! We must have better options than Ross for taking corners, haven't we? 
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)