watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Loanee update

Started by MikeW, February 14, 2016, 09:53:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW

Watched Cheltenham v Welling United yesterday - Fulham loanee on both sides.

Marek Rodek in Welling goal had an excellent game; without 4 superb saves Welling would have been long gone after 20 mins.  Likewise Cameron Burgess had a very solid game at CB for Cheltenham.  He's a big, imposing lad with decent distribution going forward.  Actually got the MOM from Chelt fans.

Interesting afternoon.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

FPT

When I saw that Cameron had moved to Cheltenham on loan, I did think immediately he's better than that division. I still think that, and I think he's proved it by slotting into the first placed side with ease and looking strong. Potential for another loan if and when Cheltenham Town are promoted to League Two. Gary Johnson did excellently with Dan Burn at Yeovil and will hopefully do the same with 20 year old Burgess.

Marek is a very good goalkeeper. I'm sure we may see him in the Football League next season also.

res

Quote from: MikeW on February 14, 2016, 09:53:59 AM
Watched Cheltenham v Welling United yesterday - Fulham loanee on both sides.

Marek Rodek in Welling goal had an excellent game; without 4 superb saves Welling would have been long gone after 20 mins.  Likewise Cameron Burgess had a very solid game at CB for Cheltenham.  He's a big, imposing lad with decent distribution going forward.  Actually got the MOM from Chelt fans.

Interesting afternoon.

Always interesting to see how our loanees are doing. I notice that Jordan Evans and Kavanagh are sitting on the bench at Oxford and Mansfield respectively so doesn't look like they will cut first team football (as we suspected). But I've seen Burgess and Rodak play (for the U21s and, with Burgess, in his few first team games under the mad German-who, bizzarely, played him in midfield) and thought they could make the first team squad.
Shrewsbury (with Grimmer and Cole) will be at my local team, Colchester, soon so will try to get to that to see how they are coping.