Main Menu

Team for Blackburn?

Started by @jolslover, February 14, 2016, 05:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@jolslover

Very excited for this one after the QPR game

So what would peoples line-ups be?

Assuming LVC is injured and Parker cant play 2 games in 3 days

I would have a 3412 of     Lonergan, Madl, Burn Amorebieta, Fredericks Ince O'Hara Garbutt, Cairney, Mccormack Dembele
With Labyad coming in on the bench
STH H3

St. Andrews White

Exactly that, with Ince playing the same midfield sweeper role as Parker did yesterday
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

JackyFulham90

Lonergan
               Madl Burn Amorebieta
Fredericks                                    Garbutt
                          Ince O'Hara
                              Cairney
                McCormack      Dembele 

Subs - Lewis,  Ream , Richards, Hyndman , Labyad, Kacaniklic, Smith

Christensen  will surely miss the game through injury looks like it could be a few weeks for him.
Parker was brilliant but I'm not sure at his age he can feature in this game
Should stick with the 3 at the back yes it doesn't work every game but when it worked so well at QPR should try to keep the momentum going I think.

dannyboi-ffc

Yep I think common sense picks the team itself. We all know to get the best out of Parker he needs to be managed properly which like it or lump it is understandable for someone of his age. Ince is the obvious replacement and I think it's more important we have a 100%Parker on Saturday at home to Charlton instead of a 60% Parker Tuesday night.

Other than Parker and any injuries it would be madness to change the system or the line up
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Kent Cassandra

Where do you think Tunnicliffe will fit in when he returns?
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

FPT

Easiest one yet I think.

Ince for Parker, Garbutt for Christensen. I'd be half tempted to keep Scotty in London and take Sakari Mattila and Emerson Hyndman as the substitute options.

Paul Lambert loves a long ball, loves a cross and loves two strikers - makes sense to stick with the 352. Outnumber their strikers and central midfield and control the game. They've not won a league game since December and this looks a really good opportunity to come home with three points going into another very winnable game at the Cottage against Charlton.

FPT

Quote from: Kent Cassandra on February 14, 2016, 07:50:33 PM

Personally, I'd like to see Jokanovic coach him into that defensive midfield role. Being more reserved and disciplined, but strong enough to allow more creative attacking players do their thing. I felt the O'Hara and Tunnicliffe partnership left us so fragile as Ryan wanted to run everywhere and Jamie can't run anywhere - so I would try Tunnicliffe as the muscle of the midfield, compared him to Roy Keane last time I made the argument.

grandad

Quote from: FPT on February 14, 2016, 08:16:08 PM

Personally, I'd like to see Jokanovic coach him into that defensive midfield role. Being more reserved and disciplined, but strong enough to allow more creative attacking players do their thing. I felt the O'Hara and Tunnicliffe partnership left us so fragile as Ryan wanted to run everywhere and Jamie can't run anywhere - so I would try Tunnicliffe as the muscle of the midfield, compared him to Roy Keane last time I made the argument.

Yesterday O´Hara covered every blade of grass.
Where there's a will there's a wife

FPT

Quote from: grandad on February 14, 2016, 08:51:19 PM
Quote from: FPT on February 14, 2016, 08:16:08 PM

Yesterday O´Hara covered every blade of grass.

I meant it more metaphorically. Plus, in a 442 you've got a lot more space to cover as a central midfielder, especially if your partner is leaving you fragile a lot. In a midfield three with a defensive midfielder behind him, there's isn't as much space for an athletically challenge O'Hara to cover - he becomes more effective and efficient in his movement. That as well as a Jokanovic instilled high pressure and domination for the football means O'Hara is looking a more effective mover.

When Jamie O'Hara was the holding midfielder next to Ryan Tunnicliffe in a 442, the opposition could move past O'Hara with ease whether just running by him or passing around him and it increasingly saw us come under danger.

Where a Parker can cover himself with positional and defensive qualities, and an Ince has significant athletic qualities, O'Hara has neither. And that's not a dig, he excelled in a playmaker role on Sunday and has played his best football where he can get his foot on the ball and dictate proceedings.

snarks

Jok is still tinkering, I think a 442 will be his choice, Richards for Fredricks and Ince for Parker. Not sure if He'll play Garbutt wide left or Kaka. I'm guessing of course, but he hasn't played the same team in 2 games, and he's a 442 fan.

O'Hara is looking fitter and a lot thinner, certainly it would appear the training under Jok is harder, players are covering more ground and pressing higher up the pitch. Tunni will play the Parker/Ince role when he comes back, but will be told to sit.

Chutney

Lonergan
               Madl Burn Amorebieta
Fredericks                                    Garbutt
                       Hyndman O'Hara
                              Cairney
                McCormack      Dembele 
C O Y W

leonffc

I'm not going to pick a side but I wonder if Jazz will be back in. I could be wrong but it almost seems that Slav is rotating his full / wing backs similarly to how Spurs do. 

colinwhite

FPT. Tunnicliffes biggest weakness is his positional sense (ok even his technique), so I think Joka will have alot of coaching to do ,as playing that def- midfield role is all about staying in ,and finding the right position,to cover space and break up play by reading the game.

@jolslover

Lasse out for 3 weeks btw, hasnt travelled with squad tomorrow
STH H3

davew

Richards for Fredericks why would you make that change?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

millsy

Don't see Tunni stepping straight back into first 11 but will have to fight for his place. Certainly a good man to have on the bench and I think his aggressive style fits the new manager's ethos.

Pity to lose LVC, as this competition for places is v healthy and a great motivational tool for the manager. I hope we see the same developing between Kaca and Laby, although it would be fantastic if the latter proves to be what we all hoped Adel Taraabt would turn out to be! I really think our strikers (inc.Cauley and Matt) would thrive alongside a quick, brave wide man, whose natural game is to take his man on and get early balls into the box.

filham

Obviously we should anticipate the same team that played so well on Saturday with a replacement for the injured LVC and for the tired Parker.

But Jaconovic loves to tinker and adjust team to counter the opposition , we may see changes in both players and tactics tonight.